News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Bolton

Started by Stephen Paul, December 09, 2015, 05:44:13

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Lekos

KunDB

So what exactly did FFP, UEFA or Championship brand, do to protect this club. Oh I forgot debt is not relevant to FFP.

Lekos

The debt was there before FFP. The Club has been unsustainable since dropping out of the Prem and now the parachute payments have stopped this has exacerbated the situation.

It's not all about hyperbole.

Ludo

Bolton are ruining football.

Lekos

gavin

It is looking pretty dire for them. I have some sympathy for their fans but I cannot stand that tosser Gartside.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35061309

KunDB

Fans need protected against over zealous, greedy owners having a punt at the clubs expense. That is the problem with FFP, applicable to Bolton or not, it does not address debt building up. Even the Rags should have been protected from their owners ripping off their assets.

Their loyal fans will be sick to the pit of their stomach over this. They have my full sympathy and support as a football fan.

Rowley Birkin QC

For once Zabba and I are in complete agreement.

bluebrendan

Fat Sam and Gartside, a duo guaranteed to ruin any club.

NileRivers

Good points Zabba

FFP rules were introduced to stymie those owners that can easily financed clubs with cash than debt like us and Chelski. Rags opposite case.

Argument was owner with too much cash can just throw money at a club without seeing return on investment but competing on an uneven field with other clubs.

Neil Mcnab

The debt is not sustainable. Administration.