News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Swans

Started by KunDB, December 12, 2015, 14:04:19

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Mangala, Clichy, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Silva, Sterling, Bony

Caballero, Kolarov, Demichelis, Delph, De Bruyne, Iheanacho, Roberts

C'mon City lets have a performance to remember.

bry the guy

Yaya before De Bruyne????????bollocks.

Ludo

De Bruyne has played 28 or 29 games already this season and it was obvious against BMG that he looked jaded.

KunDB

Former player syndrome.

1 0 City

Stephen Paul

quite a few empty seats !!!

KunDB

Swansea get deserved equaliser walking past our topsy turvy defence. It was on its way for a long time.

KunDB

2 1 Toure

Time to sort out our defence, long past time.

clevblue

Wow that was close, good job Yaya was there at the end and Joe was there from the start

reddishblue

KunDB

It is hard to know what is wrong we just seem to lack impetus and penetration. Too much playing across defence with no real intent. Defence is an Achilles heel.

Tricky Trev

Another comfortable win, thinks are looking up.

shandon

Teams rarely play well after a champions league game in midweek  :-\

Victoria

Quote from: TrickyTrev on December 12, 2015, 17:10:02
Another comfortable win, thinks are looking up.

What game did you see? That was no way near comfortable. City were lucky and in my mind did not deserve a point; nevevermind three  :o

shandon

I think he was being sarcastic  :-[

KunDB

Quote from: shandon on December 12, 2015, 17:20:57
Teams rarely play well after a champions league game in midweek  :-\

Well I could live with that if we had played a Champions League game before each of our recent premier league games, all of which we have played shit in.  Shite is our becoming our new norm in the PL, good the exception.

We have been shit and unconvincing most of this season in a poor league, another bad day for Pelle.

shandon

It could have been worse. No excuses for the next game.

gavin

My overriding emotion is relief at the win. Not a great performance or game but we got three points. It was a real sickener when they equalised. But what a feeling when the winner dropped in!

Neil Mcnab

Hart MOTM says it all. Toure was a passenger for a lot of the game, this cannot help the defense. Still, 3 points and move on.

nimrod

Quote from: shandon on December 12, 2015, 17:24:48
I think he was being sarcastic  :-[

:D

If Vinny is ever fit again, just play him & Demi, till Denayer gets back

stop playing such a high line, cant keep relying on Hart

Good result, but unconvincing

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on December 12, 2015, 18:59:04
Hart MOTM says it all.

Indeed it did.

Swansea had watched the tape of the Stoke game very carefully, but couldn't execute the game plan quite as well. Needless to say they caused us a fair few problems - and we didn't help matters by spending a good deal of the match just going through the motions. We looked flat footed and gave Swansea way too much space in our own half - and when we got the ball we were too hesitant and too slow.

We got more than a little lucky in the end. I'll take the 3 points as an early Christmas gift.

bluebrendan

I got a bad feeling early on when our £28m Argentine "hardman" CB was muscled off the ball in his own area by none other than Wayne Routledge, Wayne fucking Routledge!! Needless to say that set the benchmark for our defending for the rest of the match, it seemed that Swansea created a worthwhile chance every time they got beyond our midfield, the back four looked collectively clueless.

And of course any striker on an extended goal drought only has to check the fixture list to see when he's playing City - Gomis, 860 minutes or something without a goal, I should have put money on him scoring.

Happy to take the three points but if we defend like that at the Emirates...

Swiss

Quote from: bluebrendan on December 13, 2015, 12:33:24
I got a bad feeling early on when our £28m Argentine "hardman" CB was muscled off the ball in his own area by none other than Wayne Routledge, Wayne fucking Routledge!! Needless to say that set the benchmark for our defending for the rest of the match, it seemed that Swansea created a worthwhile chance every time they got beyond our midfield, the back four looked collectively clueless.

I'll have to watch it again, but was he out of position because of Mangala? Yep, he got the wrong side of the ball which shows he misjudged the flight.