News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Villa thread

Started by KunDB, November 08, 2015, 12:36:44

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

KunDB

Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Delph, Navas, Iheanacho #Cmon City

gavin

Poor first half. Still we should be one up. Be nice to see some real effort going forward second half.

Victoria

City looking half asleep, need to up the tempo for the second half or this will become a draw bore game.

Swiss

Why 1 up?

I don't think it was a pen

guidebridgeblue

Surely there's a goal on the way

Swiss

guidebridgeblue

Just one of those days I guess.

I truly hope they go down and disappear into oblivion after what Gestede did.

gavin

Very disappointing. Just couldn't find the finishing touch - I can't understand why he waited until the 83rd minute to bring on a striker.

clevblue

Blimey, that was hard work. Plenty of chances in 2nd half but not good enough to put them away like many other teams lower down. I'm surprised we aren't lower down to be honest.

Dreaming of happy days with Sergio and Silva!!!

Neil Mcnab

Unlucky in front of goal. De Bruyne and Sterling had great chances. Toure was completely anonymous, offered nothing. 

Hoping for a draw/Arsenal defeat in the North London derby.

Victoria

Quote from: guidebridgeblue on November 08, 2015, 15:24:50
Just one of those days I guess.

I truly hope they go down and disappear into oblivion after what Gestede did.

Gestede did nothing wrong, Hart fucked up! he had other options to deal with the returned ball.

gavin

That was an absolute disgrace from Gestede and Villa but at least it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. Micah should have made sure they gave us the ball back from the corner.

guidebridgeblue

Quote from: Tori on November 08, 2015, 15:55:07
Gestede did nothing wrong, Hart fucked up! he had other options to deal with the returned ball.

I think Gestede knew what he was doing, you might've noticed him nodding to Hart indicating that he was putting the ball to his feet, obviously kicked too hard to control easily.  Sly little git.

Stephen Paul

bad sportsmanship by that wanker

Leewonpen

Quote from: guidebridgeblue on November 08, 2015, 16:31:45

I think Gestede knew what he was doing, you might've noticed him nodding to Hart indicating that he was putting the ball to his feet, obviously kicked too hard to control easily.  Sly little git.

All Hart had to do was allow it to go for a goal kick......

ebm1991

Navas our best player today?

lee

well we huffed and puffed but we did play with 10 men for 80 mins until yaya went off

Rowley Birkin QC

A depressing return to the old mindset when we seemed to think we only had to turn up against lowly opposition like this, stroke the ball around a bit, and we'd eventually conjure up a goal out of nothing. Lazy performances like this bit us on the bum a fair few time last season.

A distinct lack of quality as well. Too many passes under-hit, over-hit, or misdirected - breaking down promising build ups. Yaya was a huge disappointment after his improved performance against Norwich and his excellent display at Seville - he was borderline useless. You could credit Villa with doing well to close space down in the middle when we had the ball, but none of our lot (aside from Sterling) seemed prepared to put the hard work in to create that space. In the absence of any real penetration through the middle we were forever pushing the ball out to the flanks, trying to find an opening. 

We didn't seem up for this at all, and neither did the manager. Curiously nervous and negative substitutions from Pellegrini. Navas added some much needed threat, but playing the bulk of the second half without a recognised striker?

Lekos

Quote from: ebm1991 on November 08, 2015, 19:05:05
Navas our best player today?

God help us if Navas was our best player today

Rowley Birkin QC

Lekos

I was watching the match with some friends, none of whom support city, and they thought he was awful.

That must underline how bad the general performance was.

bry the guy

Navas is often one our best player its just not recognised.

Ludo

He can be a very frustrating player. Often he gets into excellent positions only for his cross to be over hit or misdirected.

gavin

Navas got quite a few balls into just the right areas yesterday but unfortunately either there was no one there and they didn't finish it.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

If there is 'no one there' is that classed as 'the right area'??

gavin

Yes, on some occasions it is fine for a winger just to get the ball across into a decent area. It is then up to the striker to be in the right position. Of course it helps if you have a striker on the pitch.

Swiss

He should have had 2 assists (Navas)

bry the guy