News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Otamendi, the marmite defender

Started by Swiss, March 03, 2016, 08:41:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

I like him. I think he needs coaching to weed out the rashness but I think he's got enough attributes to be a great partner to Vinny.

However, given our shortage of cm's, I'd pop him on midfield. He gets forward more than the nando's anyway and he's got a bit more fight about him too. Sometimes too much but hey Ho...

He's not a bad passer, fucks up on occasion but less so than our cm's atm

Ludo

Once he realises that you don't have to be on your arse to make a tackle he'll be fine.

gavin

He gave the ball away far too much in dangerous positions last night, dreadful.

lee

fernanado became his usual shit self as well last night

goat

hes either on the floor trying to make a tackle or down if someone brushes him, thought argie defenders were meant to be tough

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on March 03, 2016, 18:42:32
He gave the ball away far too much in dangerous positions last night, dreadful.

Everyone did

nimrod

I think he'll be fucked off by Pep with a few others, some obvious.

Sterling will be interesting, nowhere near worth what we paid, limited technical abilities (far too few for Pep imo), I think he will go too.

KunDB

Ito is a workhorse but lacks the real talent and ability for the very top level. He will go along with many others.

Ludo

I expect Guardiola will give everyone a chance to prove their worth.

Perhaps it's Pellegrini's coaching staff and methods that aren't bringing the best out of these players

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on March 03, 2016, 23:25:37
I expect Guardiola will give everyone a chance to prove their worth.

Perhaps it's Pellegrini's coaching staff and methods that aren't bringing the best out of these players

thats obviously possible but everything Ive read suggests he's planning a major squad overhaul when he takes over in the summer.

I reckon he already knows who he doesnt want, I just cant see him taking the 'sitback see how they go' approach

transfer window is too short for that

bluebrendan

Quote from: Ludo on March 03, 2016, 11:34:51
Once he realises that you don't have to be on your arse to make a tackle he'll be fine.

Is he as thick as pigshit then because he's had nearly 30 games to work it out?

lee

sterling wont be going anyhwere..he was bought by city for pep..same as kdb

we'll see a totally different sterling under pep

Neil Mcnab

Pep improves players, doesnt he? So with Otamendi, Pep will surely develop him.  I expect evolution. Any major overhaul, a season gone bedding in.

Of course if he is as good as his reputation, no problem, it will all go like clockwork...

Swiss

The thing is, he's still adapting to the league.

There are other cb's to cut before ota

gavin

He's been here best part of 75% of a season and his mistakes are often so fundamental that it is hard to believe that it is just about adapting. It is a bit of a puzzle how he made team of the year in Spain.

Swiss

Highest scoring defender in la liga perhaps?
He does like to motor forward so prob got on the highlights more often!

The fact that the fundamentals aren't being addressed shows that Pellers is a manager not a coach and that he doesn't have the right coaches nor the ability to spot players flaws.

Pep is supposed to be a coach. We'll see what he can get out of these players.