News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

What price Stones?

Started by gavin, July 30, 2016, 19:18:40

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

If you look at it simply then you have to say he's not worth 50 and 40 is steep. However there is also no doubt we need to strengthen in defence even though I think there is a lot of improvement to be had from organising the defence properly and even just giving it some attention! We can't really afford not to get a top defender in. For all Joleon was simply overpriced at 22, he turned out to be value considering what he won at City whilst he was a key part of the squad. Maybe we'll just have to pay the extra 10 in the end. It is not as if it looks like being the only ridiculous price for a footballer this summer. Barter for a bit okay but lets get the players we need.

alexsam

The market has gone mad that's for sure.

I heard Brighton turn down £8 million for one of their players from West Brom. A championship player £8million. Fulham have had bids of over £10 million for one of their players by teams in the same league.

The new TV money is getting sloshed around whilst us fans will pay £45 for a game at the Etihad if you are not a season ticket holder. Away games are set at £30 so an away fan will pay over 30% less than a day tripper City fan - is that right, not for me it aint.

Gareth

City's CL registered squad on the official UEFA web-site. Look who's our no. 24!

nimrod

a few missing as well no Gundogan or Kompany.

Leewonpen

Quote from: Gareth on August 09, 2016, 09:58:18
City's CL registered squad on the official UEFA web-site. Look who's our no. 24!

If Everton weren't consulted about that I guess his price just went up!

Leewonpen

goat

Quote from: nimrod on August 09, 2016, 10:03:57
a few missing as well no Gundogan or Kompany.

gundogan not due back till sept so no point adding him

Swiss

I should have looked at this one first!!!

Neil Mcnab

Overpriced, very good footballer, OK defender, probably just what Pep is looking for.

Swiss

When you're talking more than a fiver, they're all over priced!

Hopefully he'll be great for us, nice to have potential and english

gavin

After Sunday, I'm delighted he's signed at last. Overpriced, of course, but lets face it that is the market and he's English to boot!