News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

MATCH THREAD- Soul but no Hart!

Started by KunDB, August 13, 2016, 16:34:01

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Starting Eleven:

Caballero, Sagna, Stones, Kolarov, Clichy, Fernandinho, Silva (C), Nolito, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero

Bench 7:

Hart, Zabaleta, Fernando, Navas, Delph, Otamendi, Iheanacho

Well that has established who is the boss and only boss.

Silva Captain!

Gareth

See Negredo scored on his debut for Boro

KunDB

Team selection certainly adds support to strong rumours Hart on way out and Ter Stegen 'already signed' just not announced yet.

Swiss

Quote from: Gareth on August 13, 2016, 16:42:49
See Negredo scored on his debut for Boro

Did a goater and scored with his shoulder!

Swiss

No Yaya for the squad either, maybe Joe's just a bit fat.

Caballero | Clichy, Kolarov, Stones, Sagna | Silva, Fernandinho, De Bruyne | Nolito, Agüero, Sterling

Substitutes from: Hart, Zabaleta, Fernando, Navas, Delph, Otamendi, Iheanacho

Kolarov starts in the centre

Swiss

Bloody hell, wasn't expecting that!

Nolito---Aguero---Sterling

KDB---Dinho---Silva

Clichy--Kolarov-Stones--Sagna

----------Caballero-----

goat

was in paper about  hart last night

well done pep

goat

biggest paddy fuck up since paddy stevie put a dvd in the toaster

Swiss

Got the points in the end but work needed

gavin

There were some very curious selections. Whatever you say about Hart, I have few doubts that he is better than Caballero even though he has shown powder puff hands in his last few matches. Nonetheless apart from a couple of dodgy passes Willy did the job today. Hart might have saved the goal but might not, I do think he's better in those situations than Willy.

Still not convinced that playing Kolarov at centre half is a good plan either but again it didn't do us much harm today really.

I thought Yaya would make the bench at least.

It is clear we are going to absolutely dominate most teams in possession as we did today. But similar to last season the conundrum is going to be how to break down the massed ranks in defence not just keeping possession. We didn't create a whole host of chances but we did seem to have a few more plans of what to do. I'd have given man of the match to Sterling who looked much better on his right wing, won the penalty and created a couple of other chances. But then Navas created the winner from that side too.

Not a great game but a great three points. We have to give it time.

Nice of a rag to score the winner for us.

Neil Mcnab

We made very hard work of a poor team. Silva and KDB were not themselves.
Hope Toure gets the hint and does the right thing.
We know Joe may have been looked to be replaced in the past, his nationality has saved him.
It is clear Pep will do it his way. When Gundogan is fit, will Dinho be the other CB?

Its the first game and a wake up call for some players. Adapt to the system, buy into it or you wont be picked. 

lee

give it a few weeks and it will all click into motion
im not arsed about hart and if pep wants his sort of goaly then thats the way it is..

like gav said..nice to see a rag score for us :)

goat

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on August 13, 2016, 21:22:45
We made very hard work of a poor team. Silva and KDB were not themselves.

they were like a ropey stars in their eyes version of xavi and  iniesta

goat

Quote from: lee on August 13, 2016, 21:34:13

im not arsed about hart and if pep wants his sort of goaly then thats the way it is..

hart should have had a go at passing after training instead of  whoring himself  out  for  shit shampoo

know nowt about ter stegen but willing to bet brendas pension he can pass the ball to a team mate

Hesperus

Far from perfect but I don't expect us to be playing the way Pep wants us to until xmas. I was REALLY happy with the game today though. So may positives for me though.  Different tactics, Clichey and Sanga in midfield!!! Brilliant! Strange subs but they worked! Possession at 77%!!  Kolorav best game for City, Sterling, best game for City. Stones looked so composed. Just wait till Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero all click. Loved it, can't wait for what's in store.

Victoria

The reality is: nothing has changed. City had the majority of possession and did not make the Sunderland keeper sweat. The game was tedious and none eventful: I am disappointed.

Hesperus

Anybody expecting a complete change after 4 preseason games and today's game is a bit daft.

goat