News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

V Arsenal

Started by gavin, March 31, 2024, 15:33:51

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Ortega Moreno, Akanji, Dias, Ake, Gvardiol, Rodrigo, Kovacic, De Bruyne (C), Bernardo, Foden, Haaland

Subs: Carson, Stones, Grealish, Doku, Alvarez, Gomez, Nunes, Bobb, Lewis

I thought Eddie would be fit but otherwise largely as expected. Come on City.

Stephen Paul

lack of bloody yellow cards here ffs

gavin

We've not created much at all. Tight game. We need much more second half.

Stephen Paul

need to up our game here and threaten that Arsenal goal ffs

Stephen Paul

gavin

No getting away from it, it was a toothless and very disappointing performance from City. Having said that, Arsenal were helped by being able to foul at will without being booked. Not that we would have scored but 5 minutes injury time after Haaland had just been down for two and a half minutes is a joke. 7 substitutions, 2 players booked for time wasting. It would have been ten minutes plus for the scousers if they needed a goal.

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on March 31, 2024, 18:44:36No getting away from it, it was a toothless and very disappointing performance from City. Having said that, Arsenal were helped by being able to foul at will without being booked. Not that we would have scored but 5 minutes injury time after Haaland had just been down for two and a half minutes is a joke. 7 substitutions, 2 players booked for time wasting. It would have been ten minutes plus for the scousers if they needed a goal.

I thought exactly the same myself Gavin. Anthony Taylor should be made to explain the lack of yellow cards for blatant fouls, and the bewildering minimal extra time and why it took him so long to book Raya for time wasting from the first minute of the game.

Arsenal never tried to win their tactic was just stay back and defend in depth, they are good at defending, and it worked for them. Sadly, I think Areteta will also find it is a tactical mistake that will cost them the PL title. Given the points gap and only a handful of games left to the end of the season and our goals deficit, I think the 4th PL title in a row became a remote possibility for us. It is no longer in our hands, it is in the hands of not one but TWO other teams.

That said, it is never over until it is over.

KunDB

On the matter of injury time I am also in the camp of a stadium clock which the referee has to stop for injuries and substitutions and time wasting, so it is clear and fair and referees are clearly accountable. Wouldn't it be wonderful to go into the 90th minute knowing what additional time will be played and why. Why not I ask!

gavin

Because it would be transparent to everyone and they won't be honest and open about anything.

Hesperus

Two poor performances against Pool and the Arse. We don't look like champions this season.

Hoping we can up our game in the CL and go on to win that.

Neil Mcnab

Not pulling up any trees. League still a three way race, but third favourites.

gavin

Interesting that Pep says in the Netflix documentary that when playing Arsenal you need to enjoy being kicked and then kicked again. It is such a shame that referees just do not do their job.