News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Palace

Started by gavin, April 06, 2024, 11:34:52

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ortega Moreno, Lewis, Stones, Dias, Gvardiol, Rodrigo, De Bruyne (C), Bobb, Alvarez, Grealish, Haaland

Subs: Ederson, Kovacic, Doku, Bernardo, Gomez, Akanji, Nunes, Foden, Susoho

Foden out and the big two are back. Pep likes to shuffle his pack. Oscar Bobb Bobb Bobb starts.

Stephen Paul

Pep already thinking of Madrid

Stephen Paul

there goes my 3-0

Stephen Paul

Fuck we are making life difficult these days

Hesperus

Never like it when we start Haarland and Alvarez.

Up hill battle now.

gavin

A very mixed half. Incredibly careless at the back with the ball at times. Rodri and Stones the biggest culprits and they are normally the most reliable. A beautiful turn from Ortega though after a mistake from Rodri.

Phil said with his performance that he was the main man in midweek. But Kev has answered big style today. What a fantastic goal. Then a wonderful ball through for Erling. Some other lovely little touches too.

Bobb and Rico looking impressive too. Jack and Erling need to do more.

Stephen Paul

Grealish must be the most fouled player in the PL

Stephen Paul

a couple of cracking goals

Stephen Paul

Big shout out to the City fans , they haven't stop singing all game   

Hesperus

Much better 2nd half but what a change again when Nunes and Kovacic came on?

Good opportunity to get our GD increased but the change allowed Palace to get back into the game.

KunDB

Unlucky not to win by three but we took the foot off with the substitutions late on.

More classy display, the real city.

A win and three points, well done guys.

gavin

A great win in a game that had me worried. Kev was superb. Jack needs to finish better but was otherwise very good second half.

Neil Mcnab

A win, looked vulnerable at the back again. Is it complacency?  Unlike Palace, Madrid will take their opportunities.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on April 06, 2024, 14:37:02A win, looked vulnerable at the back again. Is it complacency?  Unlike Palace, Madrid will take their opportunities.
totally agree, dodgy at times in defence 

Hesperus

Diaz hasn't been on it this season. Seems like he's lost a bit of confidence.

Our goal difference this season is third best behind Liverpool and Arsenal. Thats not happened in a while.

Rowley Birkin QC

Fine, solid win. Kev and Grealish were very good, and the goals were skilfully constructed against a packed defence.

But I was a little disappointed how static we were after the fourth goal and the substitutions. Not enough movement off the ball to provide outlets, resulting in too much indecisive tippy-tappy across the back - which of course invited Palace pressure. Annoyed they pulled another goal back. I'm hard to please  :D

Oh - and I'm staggered that Palace player who went down late-on, clutching his face after Haaland barely touched him, got away with no booking. Blatant cheating!