News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Bbc

Started by Stephen Paul, May 21, 2023, 03:50:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

The Jimmy Saville brigade run an article on Financial fair play the day we win the league

Hesperus

To be fair pretty much all the media organisations brought it up, TV and print. For me it took the shine off it yesterday. It was literally seconds after we won it. They started to bring up the 115.

FFP was so morally wrong in the first place was and was driven by the establishment to stop anyone new breaking through.

This title and anything we win will have an * against it until we have all the 115 charges dropped. It's no wonder we would have joined the super league had it gone ahead 

gavin

Best run club in football. We balanced the books last year despite signing the two most promising strikers in world football. That's the true story that they don't want to tell.

gavin

Bollocks to them. There will always be haters. Just enjoy it with other blues.

KunDB

Really pissed me off when I saw that but it is cheap journalism. The BBC cannot be bothered to really investigate FFP and expose it as the sham and ploy it is, designed to stop City, Newcastle and any other newly funded clubs from smashing through the PL & CL cartel of clubs. When I say newly funded I mean specifically any Middle East funded club, as the rules rushed through and the failed reporting has a big undercurrent of racism.

Kilkenny Blue

I'd love to have a breakdown of all 115 charges.  I've looked online and can't find anything.  Apparently the vast majority of the charges are trivial and repeated.  I've also see that it's been boiled down to 5 charges, but again can't find anything solid.  any links or rational explanations gratefully received

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on May 22, 2023, 00:31:11
I'd love to have a breakdown of all 115 charges.  I've looked online and can't find anything.  Apparently the vast majority of the charges are trivial and repeated.  I've also see that it's been boiled down to 5 charges, but again can't find anything solid.  any links or rational explanations gratefully received
Thats probably why its not published yet because its flawed 

gavin

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3045970

Above is a link to the Premier League statement. It is important to note that the rulebook is published each year and changes. Initially, some of the charges were published according to the wrong  rulebooks and there was an amendment done to fix that at some stage. I am not sure if this statement now reflects that fix. I believe that we were initially charged with things such as the grass being too long by mistake. Anyway, there is the full list as published on the Premier League Site. You'd need to collate each 'breach' against the rulebook for that year to get a full understanding. A lot of the charges do relate to not co-operating and not acting in good faith rather than actual financial regulations.

There is a City fan with some legal experience who posts on Twitter. If you look at his historical posts then you should get some further understanding.

https://twitter.com/slbsn?lang=en

The whole process is to be kept secret so we are not supposed to hear anything else until the verdict.

Hesperus

Quote from: gavin on May 22, 2023, 09:11:55

The whole process is to be kept secret so we are not supposed to hear anything else until the verdict.

Just read we have no grounds to appeal the verdict once announced.

KunDB

It's more an old boys network than an evidence based trial. Therefore I expect us to be found guilty some obscure grounds even if we are innocent and mostly cleared.

reddishblue

Swiss

This is not the BBC I was expecting...

reddishblue

Typical BBC tonight.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Swiss on June 12, 2023, 05:30:09
This is not the BBC I was expecting...
Me either
still wankers