News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Match thread CL

Started by KunDB, March 15, 2016, 19:10:17

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

City XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Clichy, Fernando, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Silva, Aguero

KunDB

Bony on bench

Kelechi sent to Siberia for making bony look bad, not even in 18

Tricky Trev

Fucking Kompany off again, he makes Ledley King look healthy.  This season just can't end fast enough.

bluepill

Rowley Birkin QC

A pity Kelechi isn't on the bench - he could have played central defence...

Rowley Birkin QC

Lekos

FFS Navas. Can't pass for shite.

bluepill

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 15, 2016, 20:23:33
None that I can find.

It's alright I found one eventually. Kinda falling asleep watching it though.

KunDB

A Pelle special tripe

Absolute dire stuff by any standard

Aguero being wasted

Navas a waste of space.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: bluepill on March 15, 2016, 20:33:39
It's alright I found one eventually. Kinda falling asleep watching it though.

From what I'm reading on the BBC Live Update page - I'm not missing much.

BBC reporter thinks it's "a shoe-in for the worst game I've seen all season"

Lekos

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Both centre back being injured isn't helping, and neither are the rest of the squad.

Quote from: Henry WinterNavas is so infuriating. He's like a racing pigeon who keeps flying into lamp-posts.

Ludo

He's certainly no chance of hitting a fucking goalpost.

Dire.

Lekos

Quote from: Ludo on March 15, 2016, 20:44:05
He's certainly no chance of hitting a fucking goalpost.

He hit the post!  :o

Ludo

I take it back.

Still dire.

Rowley Birkin QC

So... We have Demi and Mangala paired up. And it's still 0-0 !

Keeping in mind I can't see the game - does this mean Dynamo have given up and gone home or are Demi and Mangala actually working?

Lekos

Dynamo are also bloody awful, Ken. It's all-round awfulness.

Rowley Birkin QC

Silva off to protect him from the awfulness

KunDB

If we draw Batern or Barca or Real Madrid it could be very embarrassing. We are woeful these days and getting worse

Rowley Birkin QC

KunDB

Lekos

The next round is going to be painful.

Atletico / PSV
Barca
Real
Bayern / Juve
Benfica
PSG
Wolfsburg

I only give us chance of besting Wolfsburg on this form, and probably not even them. Any of the the others will give us a hiding.

Rowley Birkin QC

Apparently Rory Smith of the Times has just called this the worst EVER game in the knock-out stages of the Champions League.

Swiss

Quote from: Zabba on March 15, 2016, 21:31:03
If we draw Batern or Barca or Real Madrid it could be very embarrassing. We are woeful these days and getting worse

Suddenly I fancy a bit of Battenberg! Damn you!!!

Missed all but the last 5 mins; were the injuries to Kompany and Ota bad?

Lekos

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 15, 2016, 21:43:22
Apparently Rory Smith of the Times has just called this the worst EVER game in the knock-out stages of the Champions League.

It was awful Ken.

Lekos

Quote from: Swiss on March 15, 2016, 21:48:00
Missed all but the last 5 mins

Lucky you. No-one likes a show off.

;)

Rowley Birkin QC

Pablo Zabaleta trying to put some gloss on the awfulness -

"It was really satisfying to make history for this club. We are through to the quarter-finals for the first time. This group of players are working hard every day to make this club even bigger. The Champions League, we are trying to reach at least a final. It's hard but today it was job done. Not a great performance but we are really pleased. We drew 0-0 at Norwich and again tonight but we have great players who will create chances. They can score any time. It is a shame to have lost our best two centre-backs. They were doing really well but we have a strong squad."

lee

takes 2 to tango and kiev showed us fuck all..game was won on their turf..as far as im concerned job done even if it was boring...

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes we're through. It has to be said that once upon a time the loss of two key players early on for us would have a signalled a complete collapse. Job done - as Lee said.

gavin

I quite enjoyed a relaxing night at the match. Come tomorrow night it is very likely we will be the envy of English football as the only team left. Obviously bad news about Vinny but not too bothered about the game otherwise. Hopefully we will break loose against the rags on Sunday.

nimrod

we did what needed doing.

Ludo

Yes job done and yes a bit of an anticlimax. Losing Kompany is a disaster, no two ways about, and our lack of drive and passion is a worry if and when we come up against the big guns in the champions league.

bry the guy

I taped and and gave up after 65 mins i was so bored but no one on the team can be tired after that and the rags will get battered.

clevblue

So we got Wolfsburg. Can we pick ourselves up in this and the league? Spike tweeted every game we watched was like this under Pierce. Thats true enough, how much more can Pelle get out of them?

Neil Mcnab

Very poor game. I cant see us playing like that, then becoming world beaters in the next game.

Lekos

Quote from: lee on March 15, 2016, 22:10:48
takes 2 to tango and kiev showed us fuck all..game was won on their turf..as far as im concerned job done even if it was boring...

Fair point from Lee, Kiev were also shite.

Hesperus

First half was dire but I thought 2nd half we were abit better. Ya Ya was the only one giving it a go though. I sat in the ground last night thinking, where has all our attacking prowess gone?  Came to the conclusion that we really miss Tevez and despite spending a fortune on forwards we've come no where near replacing the quality he gave us up front. With the exception of Ya Ya and Aguero there were no goals in that team last night.

ebm1991

we miss KDB and even Nasri can give more options

lee

Quote from: ebm1991 on March 16, 2016, 16:00:27
we miss KDB and even Nasri can give more options

when are them two back?

gavin

After international break which starts after the rags game.