News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Champs League draw

Started by Paul lakes knee, March 18, 2016, 11:16:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul lakes knee

goat

lucky the league cup was the priority this season

Ludo

We're going to have to meet a 'big' team sooner or later and PSG are less daunting than Barca, Real or Munich so let's not worry too much.

lee

i reckon we can beat them

Rowley Birkin QC

We certainly can... on a good day.

Nice draw though. I like it.

goat

zlatan against otamendi, mangala or demi should be fun

Neil Mcnab

If our centre backs are worrying, PSG can rest on their laurels, they have Mr dependable David Luiz shoring up the defense.

goat

but they have thiago silva that kind of makes  up  for it

Swiss

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on March 18, 2016, 14:50:07
If our centre backs are worrying, PSG can rest on their laurels, they have Mr dependable David Luiz shoring up the defense.
Has he moved back into defence then? I thought he played cm for them?

Neil Mcnab

Last time I saw him. Luiz was in defense for them. He can still f*ck up in midfield, though.
I forgot about the ladyboy for them. Like we see for Kompany, a great CB can make his partner at CB look much better. Luiz needs all the help he can get to stop him going walkabout.

Ludo

Hopefully the team will be more optimistic than some of our fans.

lee

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on March 18, 2016, 14:50:07

i forgot they had the bloke from the simpsons

gavin

Should be a good tie, looking forward to it. I'm not that optimistic to be honest but it is the sort of tie you should expect at this stage. It is tough but winnable. As already identified their defence has its weak points as ours does. They have some great players, particularly their main striker, as we do. Obviously their form in the league is far better but in a less competitive league. If I was a neutral then I'd probably favour them but this is football.

goat

thing is, its not just zlatan they have. fair few id take in our team

maxwell
van der wiel
better than our full backs

silva
obviously

veratti
midfielder that can run and tackle unlike most of our that can onlt do one or other

moura and pastore
two creative players, one more than us

cavani
he isnt bony

Ludo

Hardly worthwhile turning up then.

goat

aye, especially after the hard work  they made of  kiev at  home

KunDB

Let's be honest, even if our deluded players can't, we got humiliated by Leicester who just work very hard and play as a unit (team). What can we expect from an on-form PSG team choc-a-bloc with talent. Answer - A good old hiding and tie signed, sealed and delivered in favour of PSG after first leg.

Ludo

It's a wonder that anyone bothers to turn up for a game these days.

Not to long ago Chelsea had to beat Barca over two legs and Munich in their own ground in the final to win it and I'm sure they had plenty of naysayers, pessimists and miserable gifts on their forums too.