News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Match Thread - Manchester City v some tossers

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, March 20, 2016, 15:43:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Nearly 3.00am in the morning down here... this had better be worth it.

goat

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on March 20, 2016, 15:47:21
mrs ken on coffee duty?

Mrs Ken is away! Just me and the cats - with the volume turned up.

Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, Sterling, Silva, Aguero

Lots of attack, but that back four makes me twitch a bit

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 20, 2016, 15:49:03

Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, Sterling, Silva, Aguero

You must have nerves of steel, that back 4 makes nme shake and perspire heavily.

KunDB

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 20, 2016, 15:49:03

mrs ken is smart, fucking off  for the derby

Ludo

Given the weakness of our central defence im surprised Pellegrini hasn't given them a bit more cover in midfield.

goat

Quote from: Zabba on March 20, 2016, 15:57:55
I prefer when Zabaleta plays.

sagna has been  fine all season, zab doesnt add  a  lot different to him

Swiss

I know Kolarov isn't the best defensively, but surely he offers more going forward than Clichy, and it's not as if he's been great defensively either!
And how has Zabba gone to 2nd choice from one of the best rb's in the world???

Rowley Birkin QC

I would have preferred Zab as well (after Sagna's last showing...)

Nice to see Garcia on the bench.

Swiss

Quote from: goat on March 20, 2016, 16:00:06
sagna has been  fine all season, zab doesnt add  a  lot different to him

I disagree, Sagna tends to switch off and isn't as good going forwards. He also doesn't have the same heart/determination as zabba

goat

zab does run forward a lot but how many of his crosses end in anything?

Rowley Birkin QC

goat

Swiss

KunDB

A classic bit of Otamendi defending by Demi. We are just not on the pace as has become the norm for us.

Rowley Birkin QC

There's a danger here that they will make us look ordinary with nothing more than pace

Neil Mcnab

Demichelis is making a good impression of a statue.

KunDB

I had hoped Pelle would give Adarabioyo another run out, but no chance he would take such a decision.

KunDB

Falling asleep watching our slow paceless possession and absolutely awful defending by us at the back, with no protection from midfield for them. We have been up to now second best at home to an awful Utd team, who only havepace which we seriously lack. Its an old team against a team with some young legs.

We just do not get players forward enough and attacking their box, no surging midfield runners and no pressure on their shaky defence. Sergio is an isolated figure running around up front trying to create chances for himself.

Our corners are a waste of space, as our free kick crosses in and around the opposition box.

Once again Pelles tactic is wait and wait and wait in the hope one of our players will produce a solo bit of magic and score.

Swiss

lee

why the fuck does he insist playing demi when everytime he has shown his arse..the guy is one of the reasons we wont this league this season..he's fuckin wank..id have played sterling at centre half over him

Tricky Trev

I probably don't have to point out the shitness today, you guys are soon as mad as me. I think it's fantastic how pellers probably have managed to destroy his legacy and EVERY positive in one season. This season is beyond pathetic if the result stands.

How bad is demi? Seriously can you think of anyone? I'd rather have negouai playing, even if he usually got sent off after 1 min.

Ludo

Rowley Birkin QC

Well, we knew before a ball was kicked that our defence was going to leak - so attack has to be the best form of defence here. With just a touch more zip around their box there's goals here for us, but we have to pick up the tempo.

Not much to choose between these two sides at the moment. The worrying thing is they look a little quicker and their movement is better. We must find something extra in the 2nd half - domestic season on the line here (top four...).

We've looked better since Sterling went off.  Not his fault - just better balanced.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on March 20, 2016, 16:52:50
why the fuck does he insist playing demi when everytime he has shown his arse..the guy is one of the reasons we wont this league this season..he's fuckin wank..id have played sterling at centre half over him

It was obvious to us fans, LvG and everyone in football that Demi is too slow, Managal too low on confidence, and yet Pelle insists on playing them. This was a time for bravery and playing the young lad that performed so well at Chelsea in the FA Cup, at least he has legs and pace, which Demi has neither.

We now need a miracle in the second half.

Ludo

We're a little to frantic when we get a touch of the ball, to many hurried and misplaced passes.

Silva's still far from his best and Yaya's having the odd headless chicken moment.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah - a lot of passes not sticking and going astray.

Rowley Birkin QC

Demi is a fucking liability in all departments

Swiss

KunDB

Well done Demi, now taken out our goalie and one sub less now.

KunDB

Lose this and Pelle should be sacked immediately.

KunDB

Final sub wasted, bringing on useless lazy Bony. Well done Pelle.

Rowley Birkin QC

Tricky Trev

HAHA you COULD NOT MAKE THIS UP!

what a legend demi is

Ludo

Tricky Trev

Neil Mcnab

goat

Trevor Sinclair ‏@trevor8sinclair  3m3 minutes ago
Can the ref send Demichelis off please

Lekos

I'm following this from abroad on the guardian minute by minute. Seems like the same old shit, maybe slightly more mouldy shit than the usual shit.

Some of the highlights from the minute by minute:

City are all over the place

City look remarkably short of ideas at the moment.

41 min: The home fans are restless. It’s difficult to think of many more disappointing sides down the years than the current City one.

The general theme is shitness, Demi is shit, we're producing nothing much. Overriding theme of the season really. What a shame.

Why not Nacho instead of fookin Bony. Can we let Brian take over for the rest of the season?

KunDB

It says a lot about Pelle when we are reduced to rolling the dice in the Derby.

Rowley Birkin QC

It probably says more about our injury list and four / five poor transfer windows. 

Rowley Birkin QC

rags clearly going to try and defend the 0-1 here. Come on City!!!!!

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 20, 2016, 17:27:36
It probably says more about our injury list and four / five poor transfer windows.

No, starting with a burnt out Demichellis and refusing to blood the young players all season, subbing Bony while leaving Kelechi on the bench.

Better balance when Raheem went off, insufficient protection for defence and not enough emphasis on attack.

All bad mistakes by Pelle.

Ludo

Both valid points. Our injury list is getting longer by the minute, which is frustrating and the lack of someone like Adarabioyo on the bench which is baffling.

Rowley Birkin QC

Ludo

KunDB

Sadly it is right, luck in sport is made not a gift.

We just have done nowhere enought to score.

Bad balance and worse tactics, and all don to Pelle. A good team deteriorating game after game under his management.

BTW losing so many players to injury is noa ccident, players were over used in the early part of the season and for the League Cup espeicially.

Should be fired in the morning, we need and have done for quite a while a fresh plan for the remainder of the season.

Tricky Trev

He should have gone a long time ago, the only reason I can see for him staying is showing him some sort of respect by letting him sit out the season? Which I do not understand as he is not showing any respect towards city, and is pissing the season away. An absolute disgrace of a manager.

Ofc there is luck in football, drawing fucking KIEV and going through is luck. And it somehow makes city and pellers look better, which in the end might not be the best thing, as it's an argument(although a horrendous one) to make pellers stay. Which could easily leave city out of the top 4. Which must be the worst accomplishment by any manager in recent years.

How long have people called for van gaals head? And how FUCKING poor have they been? But hey everything is fine although they just beat us and are 1 lousy point behind.

Swiss

26 shots, 3 on target

We created at least 3 good chances but didn't get them on target. The attack has to take some of the blame as does the defence and midfield.

'dinho played fairly well as a cb: the only positive i can take

Neil Mcnab

The battle for the fourth Chumps league place is on and we arent favourites.

Rowley Birkin QC

Most of all (and certainly not for the first time) I could not get over how bad our movement off the ball was at times and how slow we were to track rag players' movement.

KunDB

Quote from: Swiss on March 20, 2016, 18:00:14
26 shots, 3 on target

We created at least 3 good chances but didn't get them on target. The attack has to take some of the blame as does the defence and midfield.

'dinho played fairly well as a cb: the only positive i can take

26 to 5
3 to 4 on target

But that is not the point we are not playing anywhere near as a team, or anywhere near our potential. Too many old legs and young ones not getting a chance while failed players get named first on Pelles teamsheet; Bony, Demi. A disgrace by Pelle and a betrayal of City's vision.

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 20, 2016, 18:05:03
Most of all (and certainly not for the first time) I could not get over how bad our movement off the ball was at times and how slow we were to track rag players' movement.

Exactly and the reason is the team have give up on Pelle.

Hesperus

Too much dithering at this club by the top brass. They need to act now, they should never have employed Pellergrini, but why he remained in charge this season was just a pathetic decision. Kompany in charge for the remaining games.

silvablue

There must be a H&S law that prevents a manager putting players out on the pitch to be humiliated and mauled by the opposition.

Pelle picks Demichellis and Bony. It is so obvious that Demi knows he is not good enough and does not want to play and be exposed ruining a good career with awful performances.

lee

on a positive note im drinking myself into oblivion....it was either that or 20mg of diazepam

please take the pain away..please take that bloke bony m and jesus fuckin h navas and the old cnut demibollocks on a butlins cruise holiday

gavin

First of all I thought we were worthy of a point at least but still that isn't near good enough. Both manager and players need to sort themselves out and quickly. Quite a few strange decisions from the manager again. The most obvious of which is Bony ahead of Iheanacho again but I thought it was very odd to bring him on so soon after Joe went off injured. The players on the park aren't producing anywhere near their best and people like Silva and Sergio are among those who are really struggling now. I just cling to the hope that players of their class can't be so poor for very long but with Silva it has been a good while since he produced good form consistently now.

The ref bottled it when he should have sent off Smalling for a second trip on Sergio in the second half. He rightly booked him in the first half for similar. That was very poor indeed and tipped me over the edge I'm afraid.

Highlight of the day was seeing a rag sent tumbling down the steps twice after foolishly celebrating their goal in the City end. I hope it hurt - a lot.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: gavin on March 20, 2016, 20:00:12
The ref bottled it when he should have sent off Smalling for a second trip on Sergio in the second half. He rightly booked him in the first half for similar. That was very poor indeed and tipped me over the edge I'm afraid.

Yes - that was the moment I ended up pacing up and down the sitting room, swearing and waving my arms at the TV.

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 20, 2016, 23:42:42
Yes - that was the moment I ended up pacing up and down the sitting room, swearing and waving my arms at the TV.

you didnt kick the cat did you ?

Rowley Birkin QC

The cats know me well They make themselves scarce when the football is on!

Swiss

To be fair, the ref also bottled giving a penalty to both sides too.

bluebrendan

Quote from: silvablue on March 20, 2016, 18:16:08
There must be a H&S law that prevents a manager putting players out on the pitch to be humiliated and mauled by the opposition.

Pelle picks Demichellis and Bony. It is so obvious that Demi knows he is not good enough and does not want to play and be exposed ruining a good career with awful performances.
He didn't hesitate about signing the 12 month extension to his contract, did he think it was going to be 12 months lazing by a pool somewhere?

I'm still too annoyed to say anything about Pellegrini and anyway I've said most of it before.  >:(

chocovla

Not for one minute thought we would score in the second half. To predictable, like every match the last months. Created a subdued atmosphere in the stadium as well. Can only hope a return from De Bruijne and Nasri might bring something the last couple of matches.

Victoria

I could see yesterday's performance coming, that is why I had no interest in the game where I should be motivated. I went shopping then to the cinema to see 'The Brothers Grimsby,' much more entertaining. However, this season has been crap and the writing was on the wall long ago (October). The rags are crap and in all honesty, City are not much better for all the money spent; disappointing season.