News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

V Toffees Thread

Started by Zabba, December 06, 2014, 16:31:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Zabba

Should be a sticky enough game.

Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Demichelis, Mangala, Fernando, Yaya Toure, Navas, Nasri, Milner, Aguero

Subs Caballero, Pozo, Dzeko, Kolarov, Boyata, Lampard, Sagna

C'mon City

andy1966

There have been some great results for us today , but we have been here before , and of course this is City
On current form we  should dispatch Everton no problem , but "this is City "

Stephen Paul

andy1966

What happened to Aguero , was it self inflicted or was he professionally taken out ?

andy1966

That Mangala is a fecking liability

Zabba

Pelle must be toying with subbing Mangala now, before he is sent off as he most likely will be.   

Zabba

andy1966

Quote from: Zabba on December 06, 2014, 17:53:07
SOFT PENALTY
Yes but it proves the point
dont roll around on the floor like you have been shot  get straight back up and let the ref decide
Well done Jmmy

andy1966

Feckin hell , have the lads been to Kung Foo class this week ?

Zabba

Quote from: andy1966 on December 06, 2014, 17:57:41
Feckin hell , have the lads been to Kung Foo class this week ?

lol 

Zabba

I fear we will not see Sergio again this side of Christmas.

andy1966

Why has it took so long to bring Edin on ?

andy1966

That was a well placed elbow from the jealous boy, dirty twot

Zabba

Really impressed by our work ethic tonight and previous few games.

Great save from Joe to keep them out at a critical time too.

Looking really good and will have spooked Jose and his wee lads.

gavin

A game that won't live long in the memory but three points closer to Chelsea. Of course it is very concerning about Sergio, it always seems to be just as he is coming to the top of his form - bugger! Shame that Pozo missed his big chance but Edin didn't seem much better than him when he came on. There was one lovely little turn from Pozo in the box. I thought Nasri had a good game. Everton were very disappointing in their efforts or were City just very good at keeping possession and holding them at bay? Either way they did next to fuck all for most of the match and deserved nul points.

Rowley Birkin QC

A good performance after the deflation of losing Aguero, and while it was a soft penalty we were clearly the better team and did enough to deserve the points.

We worked hard again, with good movement and plenty of pressure on Everton when they had the ball. Only in the last 15 minutes or so did we let our intensity drop a little and Everton threatened a few times - but otherwise good.

I would liked to have seen Boyata given another run, and Mangala's performance over the first half hour did little to change that opinion, but to be fair he settled down after that and put in a solid game following the break. Meanwhile Clichy has now managed to string three decent games together in a row - might be hope for him yet! Nasri was excellent today, so was Milner, and Hart pulled off a world class one handed save. A good outing for the youngster Pozo as well.

If the rumours are true that we are looking at Barkley I do hope someone has a word with him about his diving...

zacc

my what a bunch of thugs dressed in Everton shirts whatever has got into Martinez to produce such
tripe?

andy1966

One thing i cant understand , is leaving Lampard on the bench till the 78th minute after losing Aguero ?

zacc

Quote from: andy1966 on December 07, 2014, 08:20:30
One thing i cant understand , is leaving Lampard on the bench till the 78th minute after losing Aguero ?

yes the tactics were all a bit of a mystery to me. ???

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: zacc on December 07, 2014, 06:01:28
my what a bunch of thugs dressed in Everton shirts whatever has got into Martinez to produce such
tripe?

Magala was the biggest thug on the pitch.  He's a liability and should've got a straight red, nowt short of assualt.

Rowley Birkin QC

Presumably (?) because Lampard isn't a striker andy, and Dzeko wasn't considered fully match fit yet - so Pozo (a striker) got the nod. He did well.

zacc

no arguement from me KB about Mangala nightmare indeed

Neil Mcnab

This game wont linger on the memory. Did what we had to.
Mangala will settle I am sure, just remember how Demechelis was. Boyata is a quota filler only, a poor player, should not be anywhere near the first team.

andy1966

Quote from: Sir Rowley Birkin QC on December 07, 2014, 12:43:53

Presumably (?) because Lampard isn't a striker andy, and Dzeko wasn't considered fully match fit yet - so Pozo (a striker) got the nod. He did well.
More of a striker than Dzeko though  ;D

Hesperus

The Aguero injury was a sickener and seemed to deflate the crowd and team. We won with our key players out injured so that's a good sign. We need our players back though or we'll soon be left behind.

Ludo

Aguero going off like that was like a death in the family.

clevblue

If that's the family member in your avatar you won't be too unhappy then :o

It's silly really but I don't go long without thinking about Aguero and how long he'll be missing. The world is turning to shit and I worry about City

dexter

that joe hart save was good & demichelis great block at the end. man city were performing like a team. milner, clichey, zabba, navas & nasri non stop running up and down the pitch, tremendous! i was just thinking to myself that they are in great shape. toure is defo someone we can't do without, can't wait for silva to return. pozo is someone i'd like to see playing some more, nice that he got a bit of game time. relax about mangala, the kid is doing alright, give him some time. i must say i was sad to see aguero walking off like that, unlucky :(