News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

A Heads up City/Rag bastards

Started by Victoria, March 26, 2016, 15:07:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria

There are rumors circulating NY that there are plans for a City/United premier league game to be played in New York next season or the season after. Thought I'd let you all know, it is planned as an opener for NYFC's new stadium.  ;)

As Gavin says " fuck the F.A."

gavin

A friendly maybe but not a Prem match not after the uproar when last such a thing was suggested and to have a competitive derby there would be incendiary indeed.

Gareth

Ok, I know there are always all sorts of conspiracy theories about the way the PL fixture list is worked out, but I'm struggling to see how  either of a pair of PL matches involving 2 particular teams could already be earmarked to coincide with the opening of a new stadium on the other side of the Atlantic. And if it happens, I'd better get a shitload of loyalty points for turning up...

Swiss

Worth a fiver at the bookies now you said that!

Victoria

Quote from: gavin on March 26, 2016, 17:54:42
A friendly maybe but not a Prem match not after the uproar when last such a thing was suggested and to have a competitive derby there would be incendiary indeed.

i got it wrong, NYFC are trying to play Real Madrid for the opener, but City and the Rags is going to be a PL game; remember, it is just gossip/rumor and nothing concrete. I shall tell more if I hear something concrete. My source was right about PEP 18 months ago, so lets see what develops.............

nimrod

Quote from: Terri on March 26, 2016, 15:07:51
There are rumors circulating NY that there are plans for a City/United premier league game to be played in New York next season or the season after. Thought I'd let you all know, it is planned as an opener for NYFC's new stadium.  ;)

As Gavin says " fuck the F.A."

If its owt like the recent one it should bore them all to death

giving credence to their belief that 'soccer' is boring compared to NFL

Victoria

If true, it will be about money and nothing more; surprised it is not Rags v Liverpool which could generate more cash as both teams are more popular in the states. I can see this happening because the FA have seen how much cash NFL games generate in London and Ball games generate in Japan.