News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Cherries Thread

Started by KunDB, April 01, 2016, 23:05:02

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Definitely missing tomorrow, per Official Site:

Fabian Delph, Joe Hart, Vincent Kompany, Raheem Sterling and Yaya Toure

Good news is that KDB and Nasri back, bad news is Demiichellis can play (first name on Pelle's teamsheet no doubt).

Like or dislike Yaya, we lack a leader tomorrow, and KDB has not played well away in general, Nasri is not match fit and is not a battler anyway. We need a minor miracle I reckon.

KunDB

Caballero, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Clichy, Navas, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero

Wright, Demichelis, Sagna, Kolarov, Nasri, Iheanacho, Bony

Come on City lets see a real committed performance for once, forget the CL dream for now.

silvablue

We need to win this today, losing out on the Champions League next year, in a year our main rivals have been so average, would be a disasterous failure by Pelle and this team beyond comprehension.

Rowley Birkin QC

Foxsports appear to be late with my local coverage  >:(

KunDB

KunDB

A nice cool finish and City starting like they mean business.

KunDB

2 0 KDB beautiful passing goal

Rowley Birkin QC

Stupid FoxSports advertising it on the wrong channel FFS  >:(

(Missed two goals you little shits)

KunDB

3 0 Aguerooooo

Header too

Sublime City play

KunDB

The City of 2 years ago returns, what sublime football and players trying and playing as a team.

Swiss

Well this is actually going really well!

They came back into it a bit after 30 mins but playing well so far

Rowley Birkin QC

Half time - and we look comfortable.

Bournemouth have some strong players and their delivery into the box often looks dangerous (with our centre backs...), so I'll be interested to see if we can keep a clean sheet here. 

Rowley Birkin QC

What a blinder from Kolarov! Super goal.

Meanwhile... Pellegrini in - "brings Iheanacho on as sub and leaves Bony on the bench" - Shock!

Rowley Birkin QC

Lekos

Great stuff. West Ham dropped points and hopefully the Toffees will beat the Rags tomorrow!

Swiss

Quote from: Lekos on April 02, 2016, 17:02:16
Great stuff. West Ham dropped points and hopefully the Toffees will beat the Rags tomorrow!

Was just about to post the same!

2nd & 4th were the picks of the goals

gavin

First time for ages I've not seen a scrap of the action. I was out walking. I was delighted the match was over so quickly after 20 minutes to complete a relaxing afternoon, well done City. Sick and tired of looking for tunring points so I just welcome a much needed three points.

zacc

typical City turned up & played a blinder!! 8)

Swiss

Quote from: zacc on April 03, 2016, 18:46:37
typical City turned up & played a blinder!! 8)

I still felt at times we lacked that killer instinct to just hammer them, but I can't really complain at 4-0  :D

Just that I think that there were more goals in us...

shandon

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 02, 2016, 15:15:48
Stupid FoxSports advertising it on the wrong channel FFS  >:(

(Missed two goals you little shits)

Slightly on topic -  did you hear SBS will show one game a week next season? I still don't know what I'm going about the rest - ditch fox sports and go with Optus? - but they don't have as many channels  :-[

Rowley Birkin QC

No, I'd not heard about SBS showing a game a week. I've not thought about it much to be honest. Foxtel have been pissing me off for years. Expensive and I've always hated the way they structure their 'packages'. Never understood why you should have to pay for channels you don't want. I only stick with it because most of the free to air TV here is so awful.

PS - just taken a look at the Optus website again. The sports pack is obviously extra, but I can't for the life of me work out anywhere what exactly you get for the basic package (and it looks to me as if you still have to have a digital aerial to get the free to air channels - whereas Foxtel cable them).

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 04, 2016, 13:27:31
No, I'd not heard about SBS showing a game a week. I've not thought about it much to be honest. Foxtel have been pissing me off for years. Expensive and I've always hated the way they structure their 'packages'. Never understood why you should have to pay for channels you don't want. I only stick with it because most of the free to air TV here is so awful.

PS - just taken a look at the Optus website again. The sports pack is obviously extra, but I can't for the life of me work out anywhere what exactly you get for the basic package (and it looks to me as if you still have to have a digital aerial to get the free to air channels - whereas Foxtel cable them).

Aha so you dont watch The World Game on SBS ? theyve been on about it for a couple of weeks, it starts in August

shandon

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 04, 2016, 13:27:31

I also got an email from Bein Sports saying that their channels will be available to all people who have the foxtel sports pack from May onwards. Bein is the channel that shows league cup and all the champions league games as well as La Liga, Serie A etc.

Yeah I didn't really follow what Optus offers either. I'm a bit confused by the whole thing to be honest!

Rowley Birkin QC

No haven't watched the World Game in years nimmers.

Yes shandon - I knew about Bein becoming available to Fox Sports subscribers. When City get to the Champions League Final in May we''l be able to watch  :D

shandon

It must be part of their bid to keep the football followers subscribing to foxtel. I read in the papers that foxtel in general is losing people to netflix.

nimrod

Quote from: shandon on April 04, 2016, 14:35:42
It must be part of their bid to keep the football followers subscribing to foxtel. I read in the papers that foxtel in general is losing people to netflix.

I think Foxtel will have to become an online service like netflix to survive, it is suffering digital disruption just like Blockbusters the postal service, now losing the EPL is a major blow, I was talking to an installer and he told me half their customers are Pommie's mainly because of the EPL and fucking Coronation St  ;D

I was with Foxtel for 14 years, never a late payment, had 3 x IQ's with Platinum for $185 a month, one IQ broke down and the service to get it fixed was terrible, eventually after a month of talking to people in India they agreed to send out a technician, but first they threatened me that if the unit wasnt broke they would charge me $250, I told them to cancel my subscription completely (I was on a month to month contract by then), then they said I had to take the IQ's to the post office together with all leads, remotes, if they didnt receive all equipment back within 14 days they would charge my credit card with $900.
I rang them up and told them they had absolutely no idea about customer service, they treated me (a loyal customer) like something you step on on the pavement, I was passed onto a manager and I told him I would NEVER deal with them again I also told him I envied his company, having so many customers they could treat some like dogshit and not worry about it. (end of rant lol)

shandon

Everyone thinks they are a rip off, but it has many things I can't get on tv anywhere else (tennis, NBA etc). Optus doesn't seem to have as many channels and sports to offer. But I guess I/we don't need to worry too much about it til the start of next season  8)