News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Aston Villa

Started by shandon, April 16, 2016, 07:15:35

Previous topic - Next topic

shandon

They could be relegated before they kick a ball today  :-[
I feel a bit sorry for their fans - although maybe they will actually win a few more games in the championship next season!

Gareth

See they cancelled their Player of the Year award! That makes it look like they recognise no-one's even trying...

gavin

Joleon has put his foot in it again. That Villa side still has some decent players in  it including Micah and Joleon. They should have done better this season. However, having said that, it shows how poor City have been throughout the season that we only managed a point there in the league  :headbang:

Neil Mcnab

I would say Micah was one of their problems, always making mistakes/out of position.

Swiss

It's their fault for playing him as a cb too.

tbf, he's not their only problem

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The board deserve everything they get if as they appointed Mcleish, Sherwood and a french bloke who has never managed in this country and stuck him in a relegation battle. Teams like Villa need to look at themselves and realize where they are in the pecking order and only then will they be able to improve as have for example Stoke.

Swiss

Sounding a bit elitist there buddy!

Remi was a good signing for them, they just failed to back him with a transfe budget and over the last 5 years have let their decent players move on.

Barry, Milner, Cahill & now Albrighton (If Leicester win) all have prem winners medals.

A few other players have gone and those that have stayed or been brought in have become complacent or are below standard.

O'Neil leaving was the start of it, but they've got a good stadium so they will have more money to spend then most in the championship.

Rowley Birkin QC

We at City know only too well what can happen when all the wheels - come completely off. It can happen to most clubs now and then. Villa will be back.

I'd go so far as to say it can be quite good for a club. A chance to rebuild properly rather than band-aid solutions. And it keeps the fan's feet on the ground. Which is why in an ideal world Spurs and the rags could do with a spell in Championship - might give them a sense of proportion!

(I'd add Liverpool to that list, but I don't think any of us could stomach the outpouring of grief if they got relegated! So best avoided..)

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Reminder was a good signing for them. But not what they needed at that specific time.

What I'm saying is you need to look at the situation your in. They were in a relegation battle, so you go out and get players and a manager who has experience in serving such circumstances. Big fat Sam for example. Once that's achieved you move on to someone who can move you up the league a bit such as Pulls.

Swiss

It'd be nice not to have to listen to them drool over lfc for a season though. And those fans would surely be a little quiet!