News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Derby game thread & Team

Started by 93:2012, November 01, 2014, 18:56:45

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

I am already bubbling with excitement, cannot wait. C'mon City.

gavin

It is going to be tense I think. Even if we went two or three up I would be concerned about this defence even with Vinny playing.

Neil Mcnab

Most worried about a derby I have been in a long time.

zacc

really can't call this one :-\

clevblue

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on November 01, 2014, 23:13:35
Most worried about a derby I have been in a long time.

Yeah, me too. IF we are up for it it will be a good game though. IF we are up for it

Stephen Paul

i think we might just sneak it

Stephen Paul

Hesperus

Most nervous I've been too for quite some time for a derby. Now would be a great time to find the form that we are capable of. I'd only play one up front today.

zacc

one thing we know it'll not be straight forward!

TEAM NEWS: Hart, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Demichelis, Kompany, Fernando, Yaya Toure, Navas, Milner, Jovetic, Aguero.

goat

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC  2m2 minutes ago
SUBS: Caballero, Clichy, Sagna, Fernandinho, Boyata, Dzeko, Nasri. #mcfc

No Nasri or Silva. Milner through the middle?

Pelle playing safe at Centre Back.

gavin

Looks like Mangala must be injured. I'm a bit surprised at Jovetic and Navas starting but now is the time for them to come good! Just arrived at the ground. I saw some people with half City half rag scarves. WTF is that all about.

goat

Quote from: gavin on November 02, 2014, 12:40:13
Looks like Mangala must be injured. I'm a bit surprised at Jovetic and Navas starting but now is the time for them to come good! Just arrived at the ground. I saw some people with half City half rag scarves. WTF is that all about.

Marks them out as Rags, so pointless anyway.

goat

Rowley Birkin QC

Down here in Oz, Fox Sports have just run an interview with Goater who was reminiscing about sicking lots of goals past Mark Bosnich when they were on trial together at the swamp. (Bosnich is a studio pundit here)

They then ran the goals from the last Maine Road Derby. Always puts a big grin on my face does that!

goat

lucky you ken, we had the bellend from oasis for about a hour

Lekos

Who the fook is Alibernabia?  Another version of citoeast?

Paul lakes knee

Lekos

Should have been a penno there at the last.  Should have also bagged at least one other.  Let's call it 2 - 0 at half time then.

Rowley Birkin QC

Smallbrain must be regretting blocking that goal kick of Hart's now  :D

Stephen Paul

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Were doing well but its the usual stuff again. We have all the possession n loads of chances but when they have one chance they look like scoring

Rowley Birkin QC

We're doing OK. Keep our heads and keep playing the way we are and I think the goals will come. Just lacking a touch of composure in the box sometimes.

I can't see the ref letting the rags off with any more 'close' penalty calls.

Lekos

Quote from: Durk on November 02, 2014, 14:26:56
Were doing well but its the usual stuff again. We have all the possession n loads of chances but when they have one chance they look like scoring

Don't remember them looking like scoring at all

Rowley Birkin QC

Like to see us really go after them here straight from the re-start. Go looking for the first goal like proper Champions!

Quote from: Lekos on November 02, 2014, 13:43:39

A very good player who played really well for City in the darker days of 2000's

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Lekos on November 02, 2014, 14:32:25
Quote from: Durk on November 02, 2014, 14:26:56

Don't remember them looking like scoring at all

Probably just my nerves and making stuff up

Lekos

Quote from: Alibernarbia on November 02, 2014, 14:42:24
Quote from: Lekos on November 02, 2014, 13:43:39

A very good player who played really well for City in the darker days of 2000's

No shit.  Hello the 356th coming of citoeast.

Ludo

We made that a lot more difficult than it needed to be.

A couple of strange substitutions from Pellegrini, especially taking Milner off, handed them the impetus.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes, if anything I though some of the substitutions did us more harm than good.

Great game! A cracking winner from Sergio, and a fine save from Hart to keep us in it.

Yaya was good today.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Sir Rowley Birkin QC on November 02, 2014, 14:32:00
I can't see the ref letting the rags off with any more 'close' penalty calls.

...and I spoke too soon on that one  >:(

Stephen Paul

game should have been buried, Rooney resorting to all kinds of shite

Kilkenny Blue

3 blatant penalties yet again ignored by the ref. 

Swiss

I thought we were going to through it away at the end there! Why Milner was subbed and not Toure I don't know!

Having said that, Yaya looked more like a forward than a midfielder when he was moved up!

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on November 02, 2014, 15:47:50
3 blatant penalties yet again ignored by the ref. 
Yep, Oliver needs to look at the rule book again!

bannblue

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never felt more like singing the blues when City win and United lose ,oh City you got me singing the blues !!! Off out for a few stiff drinks. Get in !!!!!!

Hesperus

We won, played some good stuff at times, not so good at other times. Bizarre subs. Milner off and leaving Navas on was particularly perplexing. Great to beat Utd though but it was closer than I would liked considering they were down to 10 men.

Hesperus

I saw that spitting g incident at the time. I'll bet nothing comes of it. Typicaliy disgusting behaviour from their players.

reddishblue

Quote from: bannblue on November 02, 2014, 16:28:34
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never felt more like singing the blues when City win and United lose ,oh City you got me singing the blues !!! Off out for a few stiff drinks. Get in !!!!!!

dance to this on your way to the pub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnGT0MLKpoY

clevblue

Dirty bastards, Van Gnarl will encourage that.

By gum though, I know we were nervous, it must've rubbed off on the team! Still, it was stephenmcfc that said we might just do it, and we did thank Sergio and Yaya for that.

In the Derby only the results matters and we WON.

4 wins in a row in the derby games for us. Oh how that must hurt the Rags.

gavin

Great result and a good performance in patches. We did have a spell where we went back to dallying on the ball and giving it away towards the end but it wasn't that tense at the end really.

gavin

Just seen a few highlights again on Sky. Makes me laugh that the rag manager and the scouse granny shagger are going on about how close they were when we should have had three penalties. They were bloody lucky not to get another hammering. Shame that the ref bottled it after rightly sending off Smalling - in fact I thought it was a straight red.

clevblue

Mind you, I hope the rags are ready for Chelski, today might just spur them on to win. That'd be a laugh :P

Zabba

Quote from: clevblue on November 02, 2014, 19:32:16
Mind you, I hope the rags are ready for Chelski, today might just spur them on to win. That'd be a laugh :P
]
I think you mean Liverpool next week (v Chelsea) - Bindippers.

Victoria

I thought the official bottled it with the penalties, also, I thought he may have sent one of City players off in the second half to even things up. What surprised me was the Rag loving commentators agreed City should of had three penalties. Seems like the officials are starting their Rag love fest again.

clevblue

Scholes says we are arrogant. We don't pay enough attention to the opposition, like we can't be bothered.

Bloody hell, there was no team more arrogant than his before big-headed Rednose left, un-be-feckin-lievable

zacc

Quote from: clevblue on November 02, 2014, 23:28:25
Scholes says we are arrogant. We don't pay enough attention to the opposition, like we can't be bothered.

Bloody hell, there was no team more arrogant than his before big-headed Rednose left, un-be-feckin-lievable

I love it they get more het up each season & City and its support  still get leary when games are close! ;D

Rowley Birkin QC

I understand that Rio Ferdinand has announced on twitter that it "hurt" to see Brian Kidd celebrating Aguero's goal so enthusiastically.

More evidence, if it were needed, that many modern footballers have the attention span of a gnat.

If Scholes wants to talk about arrogance he should ask his old mate Rio to explain why he thinks Kidd isn't allowed to display affection for a club he was associated with - other than the 'mighty' scum.

Rio does remember Kidd played for City, right?

gavin

Rio really is one of the most idiotic people in the universe.

Rowley Birkin QC

Rio's a sly bastard as well, deeply engrained in the self-serving, sneaky rag culture of the so-called glory years. They all sang from the same Sour Alex song sheet - both off and on the pitch.

I've always been of the opinion that his after-the-whistle confrontation with Balotelli at the swamp that time (Mario was, according to Rio,  'over-celebrating' and 'showing a lack of respect' to the scum faithful) was a quite deliberate and cynical attempt to try and provoke a violent reaction from our volatile mad Italian - in the hope of Mario getting a very lengthy suspension.

Even watching live at the time I thought Rio's reaction looked over the top and theatrical. Balotelli wasn't doing much wrong. Rio was clearly trying to provoke him (and egged on by some of his rag team-mates). Balotelli just smiled and walked away. Rio must have been so disappointed...

bluebrendan

alexsam

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes it was. Sorry, getting my games muddled  :-[

gavin

Stephen Paul

Van Gaal is now saying its going to take 3 years instead of 3 months to get the rags back to the top  :o

gavin

He won't get three years to sort it out. He need to get them in the Chumps this season. They need to be challengin for the league next season or he will be out.