News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

At Southampton

Started by gavin, May 01, 2016, 16:07:31

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Delph, Fernandinho, Nasri, Sterling, Iheanacho, Bony

Subs: Caballero, Sagna, Clichy, Demichelis, Fernando, Navas, Aguero

Gareth

That's only Hart, Otamendi and Fenandinho from the starting XI vs Madrid, I think...

gavin

I'm a bit annoyed by the line up. It is selfish by Pelle to put all the focus on Real Madrid. We need three points today. He won't be here but City need to be in the Chumps League.

Very surprised KDB isn't even on the bench. I hope he isn't injured. If he isn't then he should be on the bench at least.

Neil Mcnab

Hope Fernandinho does not have to play the whole game.

Ludo

It's a poor show from the FA that we have to play what is probably our furthest away game so close to the Champion's league semifinal.

Ludo

Swiss

Such a sloppy performance so far

goat

that was coming

otamendi is fucking weak for a centre half

Ludo

He has zero awareness of what's round him.

More shit.

goat

jesus, went for a piss and now its 2

Ludo

Think Kolarov went for a piss there too.

lee

bony to get us out of the shit

goat

Quote from: Ludo on May 01, 2016, 16:58:31
He has zero awareness of what's round him.

More shit.

never seen a defender on his arse more than him

richard dunne  still available?

Neil Mcnab

Poor performance, need an inspired half time team talk.

goat

this lot are doing one thing, making peps job easier

hart,  nacho and maybe zabba can stay

Ludo

Midfield is nowhere to be seen.

Has to take Bony off and put A footballer on.

goat

andy townsend doing the game isnt helpin

lee

Quote from: Ludo on May 01, 2016, 17:03:05

please please take this wanker off

goat

can you knock up stats on how we would have won the league if nacho came on instead of bony all season tone?

Ludo

Quote from: goat on May 01, 2016, 17:09:49
andy townsend doing the game isnt helpin

You're lucky I've to listen to Niall Quinn.

God bless Nacho.

KunDB

If Pelle does not care why would the players?

Ludo

Quote from: goat on May 01, 2016, 17:15:19
can you knock up stats on how we would have won the league if nacho came on instead of bony all season tone?

Nacho scores a goals, on average, every 80 minutes so how many minutes has bony played.

I used the term 'played' loosely.

lee

well that was shite..was like playin with 10 men..bony off please...PLEASE

KunDB

Quote from: Ludo on May 01, 2016, 17:03:05

I'd settle for our car park attendant playing instead of bony or someone from our canteen staff, anyone but Bone lazy. 

lee

Quote from: Zabba on May 01, 2016, 17:19:36
If Pelle does not care why would the players?

of course he cares!!
he's the manager of our club!!

Tricky Trev

If we lose we cannot afford to draw arsenal, what a dire situation. City imploding, the world is laughing. Who can see us winning the last two? I fucking can't. Lose today and I'm 90% sure cl is gone.

Not sure I can watch another game with kolarov and bony and our shiteness of a manager who couldn't care less even if he tried.

Ludo

It's not so bad, I doubt your lot will catch us for top 4.

gavin

It is a good job the young lad gives a toss because the manager and the rest of the players don't look as if they do.

goat

pelle must have had a tenner on a  saints win

Ludo

Why is no one on the posts for corners.

Swiss

Quote from: goat on May 01, 2016, 17:15:19
Given the over abundance of mediocre shit we have in the team I'm not sure it would have made too much difference

Ludo

De Michelis on.

So we've officially given up.

goat

Quote from: Ludo on May 01, 2016, 17:46:38
Why is no one on the posts for corners.

maybe they assume everyone is as shit at corners as us and not expect it to be dangerous

Ludo

Problem is we're shit at corners at both ends.

goat

been shit at corners since pearce let barton have a go at them, must be a city thing

Ludo

Superbia in shitnessia

KunDB

Quote from: lee on May 01, 2016, 17:23:14
of course he cares!!
he's the manager of our club!!

You could be right but I am judging on team selection and performance. Gavin seems to share my point of view.

goat

5-4 were gonna win 5-4 , gonna  win 5-4.... etc

Ludo

Fuck this, I'm out to watch the grass grow.

Bit like our team.

goat

Quote from: Zabba on May 01, 2016, 17:53:21
You could be right but I am judging on team selection and performance. Gavin seems to share my point of view.

like they say, theres always one

KunDB

4 goals conceded a real boost for RM game, of course he cares.

Eggs all in one basket now ----- beat Arsenal or risk losing CL spot to the tags.

Swiss

Otamendi wants to be a cm and Mangala can't hold theI e for shit

KunDB

Kelechi shing like the star he is.

Bony and 9 others not arsed.

Ludo

KunDB

How disappointing is Sterling. A real let down.

Ludo

Very much so, especially today.

goat

thank fuck thats over

KunDB

Lest said the better.

lee

goat

if he runs and puts effort in aye,  sign him

hes the new nasri

Neil Mcnab

How long is Kelechis contract for and no why no team mates celebrating when he scores. If you are not happy at your workplace, you move on. Be warned City management.

Sterling a bit like Nasri, started alright when he signed, then nothing. Might have a gem of a game once in a bluemoon.

Bony is like Samaras, with less hair.

If a lot of these players are playing for their future, they are not doing themselves any favours.

gavin

Fucking disgraceful. Pellegrini has gone right down in my estimation. This and the Chelsea Cup game are unforgivable.

Swiss

I'm sure we all know about the negatives today; all too often have we seen similar performances this season.

But positives, we're at the end of the season  ;D

Obvs Nacho, this Kid isn't going to be big for us, he already is!

Things can be worse, very much so. But I don't think it's likely atm.

bluebrendan

Positives :

Iheanacho, no need to buy a No.2 striker for next season
Pellegrini - he's leaving at the end of the season

Negatives:
The rest of the shite
Pellegrini - he should have left at the end of last season

Ludo

I can understand the need to 'rest' players but at such a crucial point in the season it seems pointless. De Bruyne's had a long layoff and Sergio's itching to be top scorer, I'm sure they both could have started along with Navas.

Wonder how many Madrid rested yesterday.

Swiss

Quote from: bluebrendan on May 01, 2016, 18:39:21
Positives :

Iheanacho, no need to buy a No.2 striker for next season

With Bony on the out, we'll still need another striker.
If Nacho can continue to establish himself, it may be that we still look to the youth team instead of splashing the bucks on another striker.

Faupala - 1 app, 1 goal (V Chelsea in the FA Cup) - age 19
Unal - 10 apps, 9 goals (on loan at NAC Breda) - age 18

I did like the tenacity Faupala showed in the cup. Hard to judge Unal in that league but still impressive.

With 8 players needing to be Home Grown (association trained), 4 of these being trained at the club (CT) for 3 years before their 21st. it might be an idea to promote a couple of other youths.

HG & CT players are:

Joe Hart - HG (Joined at 19, too late to be considered CT)
Fabien Delph - HG
Gael Clichy - HG
Richard Wright - HG
Raheem Sterling - HG

Ian Nacho - (From 10/Jan/17 he will have been with us 3 years so not HG & CT until then)

Technically we have 0 CT players, meaning we may only be able to take a 21 man squad into the champ league next year again (Providing we qualify).

So we definitely have room for 4 CT players from the youth team, if they qualify.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Swiss on May 01, 2016, 19:30:34

Ian Nacho - (From 10/Jan/17 he will have been with us 3 years so not HG & CT until then)

Unfortunately the info about Nacho is incorrect, he didn't get a UK work permit until Feb 2015, after his 18th birthday and as such he will never be eligible as CT.

goat

and being nigerian hes probably 28

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on May 01, 2016, 18:32:33
Fucking disgraceful. Pellegrini has gone right down in my estimation. This and the Chelsea Cup game are unforgivable.

I lost faith long before those games due to his tactics (or lack of) and stubborness (only one way to play) and most of all his insistence on playing a non-performing non-trying Bony ahead of Iheanacho (who he is now trying to steal credit for playing).

Nice guy but not the ideal manager I want at City.

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on May 01, 2016, 20:04:34
and being nigerian hes probably 28
:D

Harsh, he looks quite young without the attempt at a beard.

goat

of course you would defend a bloke shaving years off his real age

lee

Quote from: Zabba on May 01, 2016, 17:53:21

thats nice

bluebrendan

Quote from: Ludo on May 01, 2016, 17:49:29
Problem is we're shit at corners at both ends.
As hard as it may be to believe we're joint top for scoring from corners this season.

Goals from Corners

Spurs      10
Man City      10
C. Palace      10

http://statspack.squawka.com/

zacc

Quote from: bluebrendan on May 01, 2016, 21:05:18
As hard as it may be to believe we're joint top for scoring from corners this season.

Goals from Corners

Spurs      10
Man City      10
C. Palace      10

http://statspack.squawka.com/

no I don't believe it, nor could I believe the tripe purporting to be City playing football!!
So idea was to rest players for Weds a waste of time as City will lose, whereas getting at least a point today toward CL spot more reachable with a proper team playing.
Assume the dross we saw was due to players knowing they're out of the door in 3 weeks time so their mind was on their hols rather than the job they're being paid for!?

Swiss

Quote from: bluebrendan on May 01, 2016, 20:03:26
Unfortunately the info about Nacho is incorrect, he didn't get a UK work permit until Feb 2015, after his 18th birthday and as such he will never be eligible as CT.

Bloody redic really!

Looking at the youth squad I'm not how many CT's we could have!?