News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Arse

Started by gavin, May 08, 2016, 15:08:41

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Mangala, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Navas, De Bruyne, Iheanacho, Aguero

Swiss

KunDB

No Nasri, suprised at that. Not even on bench on checking. Come on City. We seriously need you to turn up today.

Subs | Caballero, Angelino, Demichelis, Delph, Toure, Sterling, Bony

KunDB

Could be 4 3 3 if needed Swiss, nice flexibility in this set up.

goat

navas has to have pictures of someone to keep getting a game

Lekos

Spurs lost at home, Arsenal going to be even more up for it now.  Question is do I even bother to watch this match which is going to be potential horrendous, or go back in to the garden and enjoy the BBQ with some beers. 

I'll probably just sit in doors, out of the nice sun, watch the match and get depressed like a good City fan.

Swiss

Knowing Pellers he's hoping the players will sort it out on the pitch!

I wonder if NAsri has had an injury set back

Quote from: goat on May 08, 2016, 15:52:00
navas has to have pictures of someone to keep getting a game

Or it peaks for how ineffective our other wide players are... Work rate, ability to keep the ball is better than Sterlings running down a blind alley and falling over.

goat

if the wide players are so shit navas is the best...stop using wide players

goat

fair play they look up for the first 10 minutes

goat

going out on a limb here, aguero must be a city legend by now

goat

Swiss

Firstly Clichy... Then Mangala losing Giroud twice in the box!

goat

soon as they were saying hes not scored for 16 years  i knew  he  would

Swiss

Someone has to gif that shot of Pellers through the players legs!!!

KunDB

Hard to believe our defence could be so pathetic after all the money we have spent to strengthen it, but it a leaking bucket.

KunDB

Went off like a bat out of hell, now burnt out after 15 minutes and on back foot.

goat

the story of yaya that

KunDB

Navas gets into position time and time again and then either does not deliver or pops a high soft ball in the air. Whats the point?

KunDB

Putting in crosses to the box is doing my nut in whose going to win the aerial battle for us?

Lekos

KunDB

Iheanacho has not been in the box, not even in the game.

Swiss

Navas does have the beating of their LB though

lee

played well apart from the bellend moment as steve mentioned

KunDB

We need more impetus going forward and more runners getting into the box to support Aguero and Iheanacho and solidity at the back (some hope).

KunDB

Quote from: lee on May 08, 2016, 16:50:22
played well apart from the bellend moment as steve mentioned

Arsenal have played poorly overall and yet they go in level after going a goal down. Thanks to our season long achilles heel.

Lekos

Quote from: Zabba on May 08, 2016, 16:49:12
Iheanacho has not been in the box, not even in the game.

I must have imagined those crosses that were about 5 foot above his head then

KunDB

Quote from: Lekos on May 08, 2016, 16:52:46
I must have imagined those crosses that were about 5 foot above his head then

Probably, what has Kelechi done yet? I am a big fan of his but Kelechi and Sergio need to stay closer and work better and screw the dopey crosses. They are either too high, too long, too gentle or just a waste of an opportunity to attack.

Swiss

Nacho needs to stay off the cb's and play more of the poachers role.

Quote from: Zabba on May 08, 2016, 16:52:22
Arsenal have played poorly overall and yet they go in level after going a goal down. Thanks to our season long achilles heel.

We must be a centipede then for all the heels we have!

Lekos

Quote from: Zabba on May 08, 2016, 16:57:44
Probably, what has Kelechi done yet? I am a big fan of his but Kelechi and Sergio need to stay closer and work better and screw the dopey crosses. They are either too high, too long, too gentle or just a waste of an opportunity to attack.

It's almost like you're answering your own bloody riddles here.  Who can attack the crosses? At 6'1" the Nacho man can.  You're saying he's done nothing, but at the same time say the crosses have been too high or too long. 

Lekos

I don't understand why Joe insists on punching out balls that would be easy to catch.

KunDB

Another individual piece of brilliance thank God now no more gifts to Arsenal.

KunDB

Quote from: Lekos on May 08, 2016, 17:07:54
I don't understand why Joe insists on punching out balls that would be easy to catch.

We agree there that was so strange and worrying.

Swiss

Quote from: Lekos on May 08, 2016, 17:07:54

Thought he could have even let that one go out for a goal kick!

Nice finish from kdb, i'll give it 4 mins...

KunDB

Kelechi what were you doing man.

KunDB

Quote from: Swiss on May 08, 2016, 17:10:39
Thought he could have even let that one go out for a goal kick!

Nice finish from kdb, i'll give it 4 mins...

Is 4 mins up, can I open my eyes and ears?

KunDB

That defending was just awful just awful.

Players staying back and not putting in a challenge.

Swiss

switched off again there! no on tracked his run for the 1-2. That was one of the nando's man to follow

KunDB

Iheanacho clear in the box and no other City player says it all.

Swiss

Arsenal look like they don't want to lose, City look like they don't want to win

Swiss

Bony with 12 mins to save his city career

Tricky Trev

Predictable. As I said earlier we needed to be able to draw arsenal(probably won't matter because who can see us win vs swansea?), but the lucky cl run cost us. And somehow deflected all the shit this season. Put in proper context this may be the worst failing of any city manager in many years. Oh and I fucking told you guys so. Europe league here we come !

Rags 4th and most likely wins the fa cup...............and they've got all the shit in media. Jesus christ pellegrini has failed us on so many levels it's untrue. But so has the people in charge of city, how the fuck do you keep that guy in charge? ALL BECAUSE OF THE FUCKING STUPID LUCKY CL. But in the end nothing to show for.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lekos

Just sack Pellegrini now and let Buzzer take control of the last match.

Lekos

Quote from: TrickyTrev on May 08, 2016, 17:54:29
Predictable. As I said earlier we needed to be able to draw arsenal, but the lucky cl run cost us. And somehow deflected all the shit this season. Put in proper context this may be the worst failing of any city manager in many years. Oh and I fucking told you guys so. Europe league here we come !

A broken clock is right twice a day, so well done you.

KunDB

No doubt the players tried and give their all today, but Southampton done the damage and all said and done the team was just no where near good enough.

This week and season as a whole has been a measure of how far Pelle has developed this team - none it has significantly regressed.

Now can I ridicule Vincent and our other players banging on about winning the quad earlier this season and last season.

League Cup glory is the pinnacle for this team.

lee

Quote from: Zabba on May 08, 2016, 17:58:58
No doubt the players tried and give their all today, but Southampton done the damage and all said and done the team was just no where near good enough.

This week and season as a whole has been a measure of how far Pelle has developed this team - none it has significantly regressed.

Now can I ridicule Vincent and our other players banging on about winning the quad earlier this season and last season.

League Cup glory is the pinnacle for this team.

even nurofen does not help reading your assessments during the match

KunDB

Quote from: lee on May 08, 2016, 18:12:43

even nurofen does not help reading your assessments during the match

For a man that issues insults week after week to me you keep on reading. You are entitled to do so Lee, however I have no real respect for them as they are just those from a schoolboy bully. Grow up and be a man.

goat

you should tell admin lee is being mean

lee

i do apologise :)

KunDB

Quote from: lee on May 08, 2016, 18:23:33
i do apologise :)

Very sincere. Accept my apology.

Well lets move on.

You seem to have no issue with Tricky Trev or others but do have with me. It is only football opinion and raw emotion from supporting City. Gutted to core that we may have conceded a CL place to the Rags.

KunDB

Quote from: goat on May 08, 2016, 18:22:14
you should tell admin lee is being mean

You do love a fight, Goat. No need for admin no need at all I will sort it with, well hmmnn Lee.

goat

wouldnt call it a fight really

zacc

goat

thats more than pelle managed

Swiss

More a quip there goaty balls!

We need to rely on utd to fuck up now. We should have won, but didn't: Story of the season

Is 83 the lowest total to win the prem league?

Swiss

Utd have the lowest winning points total of 75 back in the 90's

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Lekos on May 08, 2016, 17:54:41
Just sack Pellegrini now and let Buzzer take control of the last match.
If taking control is meeting everyone and showing them to the cafe, we should be alright.

Swiss

Might as well give Chappie the job!

gavin

In many ways it was an improved performance. We showed more effort and verve going forward. However, I do wonder how much of our  control of most of the game was down to Arsenal's happiness to take a draw. When we went ahead both times they suddenly looked threatening and scored. I said after their second that our only hope was to score in injury time. Pellegrini has faild with the defence almost throughout his time at City and it was all too clear again today.

Swiss

It's our CM that is the big problem, that's where we lose games by failing to take control of the game.

Yes, our defence has problems, but hey also get over exposed.

zacc

see you've started talking to yourself Swiss,  but then with just goat & I to talk to not surprising:D

KunDB

Gavin and Swiss previous posts I agree with, the balance of the team is just not right.

1 win from 14 games against top 8 opponents says it all, just not good enough.

This team needs broke up and rebuilt with a new spine and players with a winning mentality.

Victoria

and you think Pep is the answer?

Swiss

I also like to sit in a dark cupboard by myself...

Rowley Birkin QC

Well, I can't fault the effort. In fact we played very well aside from three or four defensive lapses - two of which cost us.

The run-up to the first Arsenal equaliser was your typical high City comedy (what was Clichy thinking?)  We did really well to get the lead back, but as soon as Walcott came on you could sense the lift in Arsenal's tempo and I was shouting at the TV for us to "wake up". For a few key minutes our midfield were off the pace and the buggers got the equaliser.

If only Iheanacho had laid off that ball to Navas or Aguero rather than side footing wide...  :(

zacc

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on May 09, 2016, 00:01:04
Well, I can't fault the effort. In fact we played very well aside from three or four defensive lapses - two of which cost us.

The run-up to the first Arsenal equaliser was your typical high City comedy (what was Clichy thinking?) We did really well to get the lead back, but as soon as Walcott came on you could sense the lift in Arsenal's tempo and I was shouting at the TV for us to "wake up". For a few key minutes our midfield were off the pace and the buggers got the equaliser.

If only Iheanacho had laid off that ball to Navas or Aguero rather than side footing wide...  :(

that's the problem not sure thinking comes into their game

Stephen Paul

not holding onto a lead with so much at stake , problem

bluebrendan

Quote from: stephenmcfc on May 09, 2016, 14:19:28
not holding onto a lead with so much at stake , problem
Also, under Pellegrini we've found it nigh on impossible to come from behind and win games in the league. This is pretty much the same situation as when Hughes-less was sacked, we've regressed that far!  >:(