News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Season 215 -216

Started by Victoria, May 08, 2016, 22:27:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria

The simple truth is the fact City were simply not good enough, whatever we think, or argue tactics used by Pelli, bad calls from the officials, and poor performances; City were simply not good enough. Further, I think we should put the season to bed and write it off as a bad loss and stop moaning and complaining; move on from this season and prepare ourselves for season 2016 - 2017, hopefully a better season for City.

Victoria.

KunDB

It has been a good and bad season. Good progress in CL, but sadly at the expense of league performances, and most likely a CL place next season.

So much wrong in how we managed things e.g. throwing all our top resources at the League Cup. The team was too open, yes very attractive football at times but also too stretched and exposed most times especially when we needed to protect a lead. Player purchases have on balance been not good enough and we have moved to slow to replace ageing, injury prone and underperforming players.

Yes to move on but only after learning from past mistakes. Only then can we achieve City's ultimate goals.

Is Pep the answer, not certain but very hopeful, players will know he is the boss and underperforming, no matter how big the name, means out the door for good.

gavin

We must live in the present and for our current status it has been a bad season, awful if we don't qualify for the Chumps league. I don't forget the past though and still appreciate that it has been much, much worse. Not qualifying for the Chumps is the new relegation.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on May 09, 2016, 19:30:12
We must live in the present and for our current status it has been a bad season, awful if we don't qualify for the Chumps league. I don't forget the past though and still appreciate that it has been much, much worse. Not qualifying for the Chumps is the new relegation.

I am talking about the recent past, this season.