News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Hols?

Started by zacc, May 28, 2016, 21:23:40

Previous topic - Next topic

zacc

Obviously having spent most of winter in heat replicating a sauna for few months I'll get few days out /away rather then a holiday this summer.
However I guess rest of you are having holiday(s) so where are you spending it?

nimrod

Quote from: zacc on May 28, 2016, 21:23:40
Obviously having spent most of winter in heat replicating a sauna for few months I'll get few days out /away rather then a holiday this summer.
However I guess rest of you are having holiday(s) so where are you spending it?

going on another cruise in 3 weeks zacco luv, Malaysia, Hong Kong (again) China, Russia, S Korea, Japan

HK is brilliant I recommend it

goat

not really holiday but stuck in denmark for a load of summer

Swiss

I'm on a cruise too. Doing north Europe and St petersberg

zacc

Quote from: nimrod on May 28, 2016, 22:34:42
going on another cruise in 3 weeks zacco luv, Malaysia, Hong Kong (again) China, Russia, S Korea, Japan

HK is brilliant I recommend it

Will your boat call in at Kota Kinabalu we used to see the tourists come off from the cruise boats some pleasant eateries by the sea shame about the not so cleverly named Oceanus shopping mall. The places past this are ok to eat at. Further down is large souvenir market of items locally made not too expensive. We've bought things from there.
My sister lived in HK I loved visiting the islands one she lived on t'other with massive Buddha at the top. 

Quote from: goat on May 28, 2016, 22:46:22
not really holiday but stuck in denmark for a load of summer

music reasons or catching up with your harem? 8)

goat

bit of both i spose

nimrod

Yeah we stop at Kota Kinabalu Zacc

Ive never been to the Borneo side of Malaysia so looking forward to that

Swiss

Quote from: zacc on May 29, 2016, 16:45:39
Will your boat call in at Kota Kinabalu we used to see the tourists come off from the cruise boats some pleasant eateries by the sea shame about the not so cleverly named Oceanus shopping mall. The places past this are ok to eat at. Further down is large souvenir market of items locally made not too expensive. We've bought things from there.
My sister lived in HK I loved visiting the islands one she lived on t'other with massive Buddha at the top. 

music reasons or catching up with your harem? 8)

I was not a fan of the cable car ride up to see the Buddha

zacc

Quote from: Swiss on May 29, 2016, 23:02:34
I was not a fan of the cable car ride up to see the Buddha

Is that the only way to see it ? I can't remember it? Mind when I visited it was the old airport which required the plane
maneuvering through the houses, so cable car would have been fine!!!

nimrod

Quote from: zacc on May 29, 2016, 23:40:23
Is that the only way to see it ? I can't remember it? Mind when I visited it was the old airport which required the plane
maneuvering through the houses, so cable car would have been fine!!!

The big Buddha is on Lantau island, you can go to it by cable car or bus

Swiss

I think there was an underground stop too, but I'm not too sure.

The cable takes you right out across the bay, it was really windy and the cloud wa low... which was nice!

zacc

I remember now we ferried then bused took our time as had my mum with us.
Do remember thinking glad I wasn't wearing a wig as even my own hair was close to being blown off!!
As my friend says it were blowing proper hooley.

Swiss

Do you often wear wigs?

I did really love HK though. Spanking city. Loved the random gardens and the zoo in the middle. The escalator was a bit shit though.

nimrod

went to Times Sqaure we were there at 10 pm on Wednesday night and it was buzzing, everything open, people eating, shopping, great atmosphere, people everywhere, underground always packed etc

all people seem to do is eat and yet theyre all so skinny

zacc

Quote from: Swiss on May 30, 2016, 12:29:09
Do you often wear wigs?

I did really love HK though. Spanking city. Loved the random gardens and the zoo in the middle. The escalator was a bit shit though.

not so far but it must be good to know the best places you can wear them ahead of time 8)

nimrod

Quote from: zacc on May 30, 2016, 17:54:21
not so far but it must be good to know the best places you can wear them ahead of time 8)

so whats there to do
In Kota Balu

(poem)

zaccy

zacc

Quote from: nimrod on May 30, 2016, 23:32:02
so whats there to do
In Kota Balu

(poem)

zaccy

How long you there ?
Right I'm assuming you're berthing at Sureta Harbour & they may have tours organised for you ?
Other wise you'll need to use a taxi to take you to the Museum which is not far from Sutera Harbour, there's an exhibition of traditional houses called the Heritage Village we enjoyed learning about. 

http://www.museum.sabah.gov.my/?q=content/sabah-museum-kota-kinabalu

You can get a boat to Manukan Island from Sutera Harbour where you can snorkel not sure if they'll sort a picnic out for you.
We took our own food etc as did these trips separately from lots of tour offers. 

http://www.mysabah.com/wordpress/manukan-island/

Aesha Corner
Anjung Samudera, Waterfront, 88100 Kota Kinabalu, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia is a place we ate at which never disappointed.
The sea can be smelly though but part of the ambiance of  the Asian experience!
8)

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I'll be in a villa in Florida with the fam for two weeks so we're going to Disney world and going to shoot some trespassers.

nimrod

Thanks Zacco, very helpful luvvy  :)

were there fro 7 am till about 9 pm

Swiss

Off in the morn for 2 weeks