News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

eu, in or out

Started by goat, May 30, 2016, 12:59:08

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

Quote from: goat on June 01, 2016, 15:17:17
instead of racist nazi nutters on the right?
I laugh daily at the use of the term right-wing ... it used to mean you supported a military takeover of civilian govt. ... now it means you're normal, would like to get married some day, have a couple kids, and enjoy life a little in YOUR nation, under rule-of-law and some sense of right 'n wrong ... and thus you are a neo-nazi, fascist, selfish, racist, sexist pig of the highest order. The world has truly gone mad, and language has become utterly perverted. Yeah, even 'survival' instincts now makes one bad.
I can't believe the most basic idea of group survival is labeled as "right-wing".

goat

out of  interest  what do you really think will change if  we leave the e.u?

Lekos

Lee, don't you live in Italy?

lee

then you got the far right who are just racist and then you got the far left like loony lefty ken livingstone the nazi wanker

lee

Quote from: goat on June 01, 2016, 15:29:12
out of  interest  what do you really think will change if  we leave the e.u?

we wont be part of the  4th reich :)

lee

Quote from: Lekos on June 01, 2016, 15:30:12
Lee, don't you live in Italy?

no mate..back in england now..have been for the past 2 years ..thank fook :)

Lekos

Fair enough.  Thought you'd gone all Sean Connery on us.

lee

goat

dreading doing a dummies guide on this for the pest

lee

theres a few dummies on here mate :)

goat

Ludo

One of the major claims of the Brexit brigade is that leaving the EU will in some way prevent an unelected EU commission from creating new laws that might adversely affect Britain. Yet they seem happy enough for an unelected House of Lords to do exactly that while not realising that, although unelected, the EU commission can't make any laws at all.

Another brick in their argument is immigration yet, a. Most immigrants in Britain come from outside the EU so leaving won't affect that and b. There are more British immigrants leaving aboard than EU immigrants living in Britain. Maybe they could do a swap.

goat

not noticed answer to this but all those ex pats living in the likes of  spain.... if  we leave e.u will they all be sent back?

lee

Quote from: goat on June 01, 2016, 17:45:04
not noticed answer to this but all those ex pats living in the likes of  spain.... if  we leave e.u will they all be sent back?

terry venables is never coming back mate...never.. :)

bluebrendan

bannblue

OUT. The EU is a dictatorship, not a democracy. Too many draconian/silly rules and regulations. They also take too much money from the UK and are a very corrupt org.

goat

not at all like  the conservatives then

bluebrendan

Aye we're an example to democracies everywhere, an unelected second chamber and a head of state decided by an accident of birth.

Ludo

Quote from: bannblue on June 02, 2016, 15:02:39
OUT. The EU is a dictatorship, not a democracy. Too many draconian/silly rules and regulations. They also take too much money from the UK and are a very corrupt org.

It would be interesting to know what these draconian rules are?

nimrod

Quote from: bannblue on June 02, 2016, 15:02:39

All governments are corrupt (even Labour), all can be bought in some way, mostly by political donations from fat cats. The best solution is to have less levels of government, less governments.

How much does this EU government cost the taxpayer ?

Here in Oz we have 3 levels of government, local, state & federal, I live in the state of Queensland which has a government that costs us nearly $60 billion, a level of government that we surely dont need.
The worst thing about the EU is that its entirely un-elected and unaccountable , why would anyone WANT or choose to have another level of government thereby increasing the potential for corruption by MP's/officials that are answerable to no-one , well at least not to voters. If elected politicians are mildly corrupt imagine how corrupt an un-elected one can be.

Europe can be a trading zone without the EU, it doesnt need another level of government to govern it, just have regular meetings by trade ministers/heads of state between the countries to discuss trade and come to agreements on things like tariffs.

Also you need to have control of your borders, when I came to live in Oz my background was thoroughly checked, if I was found to be some sort of criminal I wouldnt have got near the place, (and quite rightly so) any country needs to have the right not to allow criminals in, and its not just people from Europe, there are many many thousands of people living in other countries like Oz, USA, Canada, South Africa etc who have dual citizenship and hold a European passport.