News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Is the title over if we lost tomorrow?

Started by gavin, November 01, 2014, 20:22:28

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Quite frankly I fear it is already if we lose. I know any team can lose a few games and Chelsea don't look all that good but I just can;t see us being 9 points better than them from now until the end of the season. We must stay max 6 points behind.

goat

nobody has ever won the league thi side of xmas and bigger gaps have been closed. few quid needs spending on the midfield in the new year tho

gavin

Bigger gaps have been closed but I can't see this City team closing a 9 point gap on that Chelsea team. Form can change, injuries can happen but I reckon the game tomorrow is as close to a must win as you can get at this stage of the season.

93:2012

Much too early to call, Chelsea will not drop many points because of the defensive set up they employ, but neither will we.

goat

Quote from: gavin on November 01, 2014, 21:05:49
Bigger gaps have been closed but I can't see this City team closing a 9 point gap on that Chelsea team. Form can change, injuries can happen but I reckon the game tomorrow is as close to a must win as you can get at this stage of the season.

would you say this if it was villa or hull tomorrow instead of them?

gavin

Yes, I don't think we can go 9 points behind them even at this stage

Rowley Birkin QC

I can't decide if Chelsea are good or if most of the teams in the Prem this season are a bit rubbish and make them look good.

Mind you, we seem to be struggling to beat some of the rubbish.

Neil Mcnab

Win or lose, I believe Chelsea will win the title. To even have a shout a replacement for Toure must be found, or at least provide competition in the midfield. If Juve want Nasty, perhaps we can do a deal on their up and coming midfielder.

zacc

said in a previous place I can't see City win owt this season but wuld love to see 'em give the main contenders a run for their money!!
Got to keep in mind City do fight to the  end
;D

Hesperus

If Chelsea lose Costa for any significant period of time then they'll be vulnerable so we need to keep the pressure on. However the way we've played so far this season would see us winning nowt. Could be a pivotal week for Pellers with the champs league too.

Zabba

The title retention is alive and well. We need to work harder than we are, and sorting that out is down to Pelle.