News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

So who should we buy in January?

Started by Leewonpen, December 14, 2014, 09:15:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Leewonpen

Given the striker situation who is out there?
Cavani?
Podolski?
Who else?

clevblue

you don't get anyone decent in January. Get Negredo, he's supposed to be okay

citoeast

No need to buy if we get a work permit for Kelechi Iheanacho we can play him until our other strikers are fit. Work permit has been applied for.

gavin

I'm sure the odd half decent player is bought in January. At the moment a decent Premier League standard striker would do but obviously if he's better than that great. Pozo has a couple of weeks to show he can adapt quickly to this level. Though I think I would stick Yaya there at weekend.

Ludo

Just watching Bony for Swansea against spurs and he looks alright.

onerytk

Benteke for me..under Vinnys leadership

gavin

Benteke is another injury waiting to happen though ain't he?

onerytk

Yeah fair enough he has been injured, but he is young, a great talent and used to the premiership...just one other thing can we add or takeaway to our champions league squad at any point?

bry the guy

Bony is like a ball magnate in the area he looked class today.

Swiss

I'd still love to see Cavani at the club, but I reckon we're still looking at Papiss Cisse (acording to the media) as we'll be able to play himin the Champs league.

gavin

Quote from: onerytk on December 14, 2014, 21:26:56
Yeah fair enough he has been injured, but he is young, a great talent and used to the premiership...just one other thing can we add or takeaway to our champions league squad at any point?

You name another squad for the Chumps after January.

andy1966

"So who should we buy in January?"

May i suggest
Messi
Suarez
and Neymar , for starters  :D

Swiss

But if a player has played for another club in the comp, they are cup tied

bluepill

Swiss

Why would he not be able to play for us if he's played against us?

Swiss

Besides... wouldn't Cavani be a light bulb moment if we signed him :-D

bluepill

i mean If we bought a potential opponents best player then they are cup tied but also are no longer a threat.

So that means we just need to buy all the best players in the world in Jan and then everything will be fine

Swiss

A crazy idea... I like it!

No ones biting on my pun then...

Ludo

If Cavani's first name was Edison it might be worth a bite.

Neil Mcnab

Jovetic will be back before the window opens, Dzeko and Aguero a week or two later. Not sure this is where in the team we need to strengthen in this window. If that is who we go for Bony is the only choice. Would make an immediate impact and challenge for a place. Cavani is going through a run of poor form. Top that with coming to a new league and it could take months to settle in. What would be the point? Pappas Cisse sp? is in the news as one we are going to sign. No thanks.
My choice would be a winger who can offer a bit more than Navas. In an ideal world this would be someone who could play in a few positions, like Thomas Muller.  Also, though doesnt seem likely a midfielder who can contribute goals and creativity going forward and will back that up with work rate and commitment in defense.

Leewonpen

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on December 16, 2014, 21:12:47
If Cavani's first name was Edison it might be worth a bite.

Puns aren't meant to be accurate!

gavin

I hope we have a plan in place and strike early and decisively. You can buy well in January I'm sure but you don't often do it on the last day in a panic.

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on December 19, 2014, 16:33:19
Watt?
Looks
:D

like everyone is getting in on the puns

Quote from: gavin on December 21, 2014, 17:45:51
I hope we have a plan in place and strike early and decisively. You can buy well in January I'm sure but you don't often do it on the last day in a panic.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Leewonpen on December 19, 2014, 16:01:16
Isn't Bony heading off with Yaya?
Good call, no point this window, if at all.