News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Bravo! A beginning of a deal at last

Started by gavin, August 20, 2016, 20:43:23

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37144052

It looks like we'll have a keeper soon. Not before time as the whole Hart thing is becoming a bit of a media circus. Welcome Claudio. Thanks Joe.

Swiss

Just been looking at a few clips.

Reminds me of a Shay Givern style keeper.

"Short" at 6ft, he relies on his agility to make up for his reach: Translates to flying saves!

I guess we're gonna have a keeper that still doesn't like to deal with crosses...

Doesn't look like he likes to catch/ keep hold of the ball either.

But it's only a youtubey thing so don't take the above too seriously.

KunDB

Done deal I guess and this is the PR to soften the announcement which will come fairly soon.

goat

Quote from: Swiss on August 20, 2016, 21:04:26
Just been looking at a few clips.

Reminds me of a Shay Givern style keeper.

"Short" at 6ft, he relies on his agility to make up for his reach: Translates to flying saves!

I guess we're gonna have a keeper that still doesn't like to deal with crosses...

Doesn't look like he likes to catch/ keep hold of the ball either.

But it's only a youtubey thing so don't take the above too seriously.

i did stats on twitter a while back, he is a lot better than hart, not far off neuer

Swiss

goat

a massive one, not sure i do it right seeing as i get fucking annoyed when people follow me

Swiss

lee

Quote from: goat on August 21, 2016, 14:25:41
a massive one, not sure i do it right seeing as i get fucking annoyed when people follow me

he's quite entertaining

goat

Swiss

gavin

It was the end of training, they were all leaving the pitch.

KunDB

More of the usual anti City crap from the press. 

bry the guy

Gareth

Quote from: bry the guy on August 24, 2016, 12:41:08
Reports say he is playing tonight.

Does that mean he will be cup-tied? (if at another CL club)

Lekos

Don't think so, because this is champs league qualification - not champs league proper.

Kilkenny Blue

Can't we just get Joe Corrigan back?

Hesperus

Welcome Bravo! Let's see if you're as good as Pep thinks! I'm expecting amazing passing ability and hopefully at least as good as Hart between the posts.

gavin

Aye, a bit of pressure on him now. I'm sure we'll all get behind him though. The 'situation' isn't his fault.

zacc

quite a bit of money for a 33 year old keeper

gavin

A bit surprised that he's not playing tomorrow given that Willy ain't the best and we know he doesn't rate Joe.  Chile play two matches in the break so it is not like he'll get much time to play with our defence before the derby anyway.

Swiss

Prob more important to give him time to work with the squad. Dose he speak the lingo?

goat

seeing as  stones  is the only english defender make that lazy cnut learn spanish

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Swiss on August 27, 2016, 20:59:26
Prob more important to give him time to work with the squad. Dose he speak the lingo?

But how much English does a keeper need?

1) "Mine!"

2) "Oi - [insert name] - mark that bloke"

3) "Fuck off you rag fucker"

And the rest is just pointing and holding up fingers for how many you want in the wall.

Swiss

Who knows, but I still think less than a week isn't enough time to work effectively...

gavin

But he'll get little more time before the derby really. So is he not going to play in that either?

clevblue

Keepers an usually just walk in, but I think Pep will use him when Pep's ready, he's the gaffer, ask Joe!

Swiss

I always go back to Seaman and Sun Jihai for Keepers and lack of communication with their defences...

He couldn't have done any worse than Cab for that goal today :D

Mind you Clichy didn't do well either