News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v. Hammers Match Thread

Started by KunDB, August 28, 2016, 15:03:42

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Starting eleven:

Caballero, Zabaleta (C), Otamendi, Stones, Clichy, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Nolito, Aguero

On the bench:

Hart, Fernando, Nasri, Kolarov, Delph, Iheanacho, Navas

More pain for Joe otherwise a very strong starting eleven.

C'mon City lets keep up the momentum.

lee

pain!!
i wish i was gettin 100k a week for doin feck all

KunDB

Storming start 1 0 Sterling goal brilliant move.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on August 28, 2016, 15:42:29
pain!!

Have you ecer heard about empathy Lee lol? It's not all about money.

Gareth

Quote from: lee on August 28, 2016, 15:42:29
pain!!

Just one week of it would do me fine...

KunDB

2 0

Oh how we all miss Pelle?

Fernandinho

lee

Quote from: Zabba on August 28, 2016, 16:13:09

have i ecers like

gavin

Good win, some great football at times but we ended up making hard work of it in the end of course. Really pleased that Raheem is quieting the boo boys weekly.

Lekos

Yup, Raheem looks a changed player this season.  Great to see.

Swiss

Quote from: Zabba on August 28, 2016, 16:13:09

Unless Lee's earn't £100K+ a week and sat on the bench for City after formerly being no.1... It's more likely to be sympathy   ;)

Missed the match as am on me hols, what was the Aguero elbow all about?

KunDB

Good that a mini collapse / lapse happened, so Pep can sort it out before the derby game hopefully.

Otherwise just love watching Cityplay this year, so much better than last year.

Raheem and a few others transformed players under Pep.

clevblue

Good game for sure, so many chances in 2nd half, bad luck is all. I'm loving this season so far

Neil Mcnab

Superb attacking football at times. I have not seen Bravo play, but another part of the solution in defense.  The test of how far we have come will be the next league game.

Rowley Birkin QC

Some very fine football at times. Lovely stuff - even when it doesn't quite come off - but then we just come back and have another go!

Perhaps my main complaint about last season was we wasted too much time with the slow tippy-tappy lateral stuff at the back. You have to speculate to accumulate! That means getting the ball forward and creating chances - lots of them - if you want to get your two or three goals. Last season we just didn't create enough chances, spending whole halves of football controlling possession but doing little damage to opponents on the score sheet.

This is a HUGE improvement! Even when we do move the ball across the back - it's quick. Last season players were taking two or three indecisive touches before making the blatantly obvious pass (easy for opponents to react to and counter). This season it's mostly one touch football and pass - the ball is gone! Couple that rapid ball movement with much harder work off the ball - and our players are finding useful space, while opponents chase their tails.

Attacking opportunity after attacking opportunity - we don't let up. Keep the tempo going (no matter what the score line is - none of that dangerously complacent "This one goal lead is enough" crap we kept getting last season). If something doesn't work, go back, re-set and go again.

I like what I'm seeing.

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on August 29, 2016, 15:18:19

This is a HUGE improvement! Even when we do move the ball across the back - it's quick. Last season players were taking two or three indecisive touches before making the blatantly obvious pass (easy for opponents to react to and counter)

good reason for that kenny, pep is signing and using footballers

stones isnt your usual english defender, him and vinny together would keep the ball pretty well,  gundogan isnt a de jong type destroyer  ( even tho at ajax  nige could play a bit) he can do just as well behind the strikers. hardly a surprise the three to miss out are joe `club feet` hart, wilf `first  touch of  a  ched` bony and managala (even tho gav reminded  me last night he still exists)

zacc

Got to this game  :D was fab watching first half , as expected Wham came out prepared to show their character.
Silly defending letting in their goal, but that's City. Have to say love the never say die now in the team resulting in amusing last goal.
Pep's sideline antics are hilarious. Well done the singing boys the noise is well improved at the stadium.