News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Aguero & Potential Ban

Started by Swiss, August 28, 2016, 23:23:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

The arm movement doesn't look good!

If he is to be banned, its a shame that it's come right whilst the international break is happening otherwise we could have contested, Kun could have played and we'd take the hit after the match...

gavin

I've seen much worse by Fellaini go unpunished on a weekly basis.

There is no delaying anymore anyway. All appeals are heard before the next match.

Swiss

#didn't know that changed!

Skrtel & Huth were always good for getting away with elbows too

bluebrendan

It looked as if Marriner had a good view of it so if he reports that then there'll be no further action. If he says he didn't see it then I think Sergio will be missing 3 games, as Swiss said the arm movement looks bad even if it wasn't intentional.

goat

can we claim it was bony that did it, may  as well find  some use for him

agueros eyes were always on the ball, could  claim  accident

alexsam

The ref cannot have missed the swing, if he says he did then he is a liar.

Saying that he missed the constant kicks on Sterling by their defender. He was booked early on and then warned twice. He should have been sent off, plus he crossed the ball for their goal.

Leewonpen

My immediate thought was - lucky not to get a red card there. My thinking hasn't changed in the last 24 hours or so. If it had been Fellaini involved instead of Agüero many blues would have been demanding a custodial sentence. Like Pep said when asked about a potential ban....if he does, he does, we will still have eleven.

Kilkenny Blue

Seen some reports that he's out with a calf injury

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37215241

When I saw it first I thought a deffo red card, then from the other angle it looks a lot less severe.  In fairness to Reid, he didn't make any fuss over it.

Hesperus

Hesperus

What bugs me is Mariner definitely saw it but let it go. Then Sky and the BBC put it it on endless loops and sudden he loses his sight and it goes to the panel.

Pressure has been put on the ref from the media and the FA.

Leewonpen

Forget the conspiracy theories......if it had been an opposing player on,say, Stones and the same set of circumstances, what the view of posters on here have been....retrospective action or not??

Hesperus

Exactly the same point of view for me. It's trial by tv and shouldn't happen. Much worse goes unpunished in the other non televised games where the refs decision is final. All games are filmed, so all should have their decisions scrutinised or not at all.

clevblue

There is nobody less violent than Kun, it's rubbish

KunDB

Quote from: clevblue on August 30, 2016, 19:43:03

Kun is no saint, he knows how to look after himself and dish it out when needed. It was an elbow whether meant or not well that is pure speculation.

Swiss

Aye, I've no complaints if he gets banned. Looked like intent to me.

Trial by TV... as long as it's fair and is done for all!

bluebrendan

Quote from: clevblue on August 30, 2016, 19:43:03
He does lose it occasionally, he studded Luiz in the Cup semi-final at Wembley and got away with that one.

In a way Aguero missing the derby leaves Mourinho in the dark a bit as Pep has a number of options re tactics, he could go with no orthodox striker and just let one of the likes of KdB, Sterling, Nolito take up the striker role when we attack. Or he could start Nacho up front as a straight swap for Aguero.

gavin

I'd give Kelechi a go. He's as deadly as Sergio on his day.

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on August 30, 2016, 21:18:24
I'd give Kelechi a go. He's as deadly as Sergio on his day.

Yes I think so too.

Lekos

Seems fair enough to me and as Pep said "we'll still have 11 players on the pitch".

nimrod

Quote from: bluebrendan on August 30, 2016, 21:22:48
Yes I think so too.

There is a little part of me that's Suspects that pep would like to play without a recognised Striker I think he feels that midfielders contribute more to the team and if he can find a midfielder like maybe Sane who can score Plenty and the others can also contribute then he would prefer to play without a striker , this is just a theory I have and that is all maybe he can't be seen to drop Aguero because of the goals he's been scoring and people would think he was mad......:) all our midfield players are capable , very capable of scoring

It struck me that Raheems goals were Strikers goals against West Ham proving he is capable playing as a striker stiker/midfielder

I honestly think that the reason he hasn't gone to market and bought another recognised striker kind of proves this as Aguero has a bit of an injury history

Lekos

Quote from: nimrod on August 31, 2016, 00:46:57
There is a little part of me that's Suspects that pep would like to play without a recognised Striker I think he feels that midfielders contribute more to the team and if he can find a midfielder like maybe Sane who can score Plenty and the others can also contribute then he would prefer to play without a striker , this is just a theory I have and that is all maybe he can't be seen to drop Aguero because of the goals he's been scoring and people would think he was mad......:) all our midfield players are capable , very capable of scoring

It struck me that Raheems goals were Strikers goals against West Ham proving he is capable playing as a striker stiker/midfielder

I honestly think that the reason he hasn't gone to market and bought another recognised striker kind of proves this as Aguero has a bit of an injury history

As far as proof goes, I'd suggest the fact he's played without recognised strikers a lot already (at Barca in particular) is proof enough! 

lee

it's fooked up my fantasy team  :'(

zacc

Kun got sick of being held like it was rugby rather than foot ball, frustrated not to have scored so far so out came the elbow.
In today's game it punished  if it been the reverse &  done on Kun we'd want punishment for it so got to take this too.

Quote from: lee on August 31, 2016, 08:32:15
it's fooked up my fantasy team  :'(

same here he's my captain too

gavin

Quote from: nimrod on August 31, 2016, 00:46:57

I reckon Pep drops who the fook he wants Nimmers!!

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on August 31, 2016, 20:22:01
I reckon Pep drops who the fook he wants Nimmers!!

You're probably right Gavin .... I reckon we will beat those fuckers  without Aguero anyway, looking forward to pulling them apart.

Ref didn't see it

gavin

We're contesting it. If Sergio says he didn't do it then he didn't. Free the godlike one.

Stephen Paul

Swiss

TBF, there looked intent in it.

Lekos

gavin

I reckon Nacho will be every bit as deadly as Sergio so hopefully the rags celebrating this will be bitterly disappointed.

Leewonpen

I wouldn't be surprised if Pep goes down the "no striker" route with Sterling/Nolito/De Bruyne/Silva moving in and out of midfield. The rag defence would be left scratching their heads....4-6-0 which in reality flexes between 2-5-3 and 5-5-0!

Swiss

If NAcho plays, reckon the media will lable it a battle of the him V Rashford

Rowley Birkin QC

Like Leewonpen and nimmers I wouldn't be surprised if Pep goes the so called "no-striker" option for this one. Nacho will be kept in reserve and brought on once we're two goals up and the rags are chasing the game!

Having said that, Pep is just as likely to say to Nacho "this is your big chance lad - go out there and write your own headlines!" and he'll start :)  Good luck anyone trying to second guess Pep this season - including us.

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on September 04, 2016, 06:20:12
Like Leewonpen and nimmers I wouldn't be surprised if Pep goes the so called "no-striker" option for this one. Nacho will be kept in reserve and brought on once we're two goals up and the rags are chasing the game!

Having said that, Pep is just as likely to say to Nacho "this is your big chance lad - go out there and write your own headlines!" and he'll start :)  Good luck anyone trying to second guess Pep this season - including us.

:)

Kolorov as a lone striker

Rowley Birkin QC

:)  They'll be lots of shooting from outside the box if that happens!

goat

if not nacho my money is  on nolito

Swiss

I wonder if we'll see Sane and Gundogan at some point