News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Derby match thread

Started by KunDB, September 10, 2016, 10:57:40

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Well would anyone like to guess the team before all is revealed at 11.30am.

My guess on who may be part of the starting 11?

Bravo           yes
Sane             yes
Iheanacho      yes

Gundogan       no
Kompamy       no

gavin

Bravo will start that seems definite from Guardiola's interview. I'd back Nacho to start but not Sane. I expect the only changes will be in net and striker.

KunDB

I think starting either or both Sane and Gundogan could surprise Utd. I reckon, they will expect both of them to start on bench.

A Kolorov v Ibra clash would be interesting!

KunDB

Now we know

Starting 11
Bravo, Sagna, Otamendi, Stones, Kolarov, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva (C), Sterling, Nolito, Iheanacho

KunDB

No Gundogan or Kompany on bench.

KunDB

CITY SUBS

Caballero, Fernando, Sane, Zabaleta, Clichy, Navas, A. Garcia

Lekos

We've been excellent. Really superb passing and pressure. It's a joy to watch.

Claudio Bravo on the other hand did a proper Joe Hart and didn't even need to come for that ball. Since then he's looked an absolute mess which is quite worrying.

gavin

Great half apart from the last five minutes. We're 2-1 up and by far the better side. Disappointing to give them a goal but focus on the positives. We look good indeed.

lee

that was breathtaking football..simply suberb..i said to my son jude we will gift them one..we always do..

batter the fook out of them 2nd half..they really are shit

KunDB

The fact Ibra at 36 outshines every other Utd player says it all.

Sky tv campaign against Bravo already commenced.

Rowley Birkin QC

Great stuff so far (aside from the one lapse - half time came just in time. Pep will get them refocused)

Iheanacho is having a very fine game! Looks really strong in the one on one contests. Won a great header for the first goal. Good lad!

Lekos

Quote from: Zabba on September 10, 2016, 13:28:19
Sky tv campaign against Bravo already commenced.

He's looked shocking to be fair

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Bravo better get his fekin head together quick!!!

goat

was alright that, made hard work of a mid table team tho

KunDB

Absolute cracker well deserved win.

bry the guy

One touch Hibra and Pogba playing as a corner flag,well he must have been coz i didnt see him on the pitch.Sane did more than both of them.

gavin

Didn't enjoy watching the second half much cos of nerves but overall you have to say the best team won and it looks like being a great season. I'm sure Bravo will improve. KDB was awesome. Defence was very good. Nacho deadly again.

Lekos

Great result, real end to end stuff in the second half.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on September 10, 2016, 14:28:38
was alright that, made hard work of a mid table team tho

:D

Yeah - with their route one football

Credit to Jose though for bringing some youth on and adding some pace, but we weathered the storm.

Disappointed Silva didn't nestle that shot into the top left corner.

Cracking match - great win. 

KunDB

Best bit of that game was having a manager who reacts immediately to change the game.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes, I liked the way Pep added the extra player in the middle (Fernando) as soon as it was clear the rags were winning and moving the ball better in the second half - and then he mixed up our attacking options on the break (Sane) so as to keep the rags guessing.

I only hope De Bruyne's injury isn't too serious. Looked like a hamstring strain? He was magnificent - as where all the Blues... aside from Bravo's casual nonchalance (to a fault - I'm not sure what to make of that as a debut) and sometimes Sagna still worries me a bit. 

Ludo

On a side issue, listening to Graham Souness is making my blood boil.

Rowley Birkin QC

Here in Oz we had Stan Collymore giving us the benefit of his wisdom pitch-side before the kick off. Apparently the rag's "bigger players" were going to "bully City" and win.

Shouldn't be surprised really. Bullying was about the only way Stan knows.

KunDB

Ludo do what I do mute Big G (the 'sound bite' Gob talking shite just to keep his job).

Rowley Birkin QC

Oh - and by and large I thought Mark Clattenburg refereed the game pretty well.

My only major complaints would be that Rooney should have been booked a lot earlier and Nolito should have been given a blatant free kick on the edge of the area when that orange haired muppet had his arms wrapped around his chest!

Ludo

According to Souness utd should have had two penalties.

Wanker.

Rowley Birkin QC

They must have been hard to spot! Presumably one of them was when the ball went across Otamendi's back and just clipped the point of his elbow? Yeah - nailed on penalty that in Sourness World

Victoria

Did he mention City should of had a penalty? Otto was blatantly cut to the ground in that scramble near the post when DeGa dropped the ball from Fernando's header.
Over-all, a good game 😊

Swiss

On the ota one, there was a follow through kick. Should we highlight that to the press and start a campaign to get them banned for 3 matches...

zacc

Were City fortunate Bravo not give a penalty and sent off?
Just asking like before you bite my head off
:D

Neil Mcnab

Great first half, kept them out second half and should have scored on the break. Dinho and KDB were excellent. Ottamendi did great job at the back in the air.

If Bravo hadnt gifted them a goal, we probably would have had an easy win. He may take a long time to settle in..

Roll on the chumps league.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Ludo on September 10, 2016, 14:57:30
On a side issue, listening to Graham Souness is making my blood boil.
His hypocrisy when discussing tackling is hilarious, Souness's standard tackle was straight-legged, studs showing,and halfway up the shin.