News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Burnley

Started by gavin, November 26, 2016, 12:02:25

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Bravo, Sagna, Otamendi, Kolarov, Clichy, Fernandinho (C), Fernando, Yaya Toure, Sterling, Nolito, Aguero

CITY SUBS | Caballero, De Bruyne, Silva, Zabaleta, Navas, Sane, Iheanacho

Not far from expected. Looks like Kolarov at centre half though.

Gareth

Gareth

Oh ffs, come on City...

Rowley Birkin QC

How did we concede that one then? (I was late to this game - and I'm only on the radio)

Gareth

Well, to be fair he hit it well, from a distance, but if we can't defend long balls out from their 'keeper, we've really got some work to do at the back.

Rowley Birkin QC

Long high balls and fast breaks seem to cause us endless problems defensively. 

lee

Gareth

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 26, 2016, 13:23:21
Long balls and fast breaks seem to cause us endless problems defensively.

Might not be very well-thumbed sections of Pep's coaching manual... what's Spanish for "Route One"?

Rowley Birkin QC

Rowley Birkin QC

Third goal please City - let's make this comfortable.

Rowley Birkin QC

Phew! Why do we keep making a meal of these games?

I find myself speculating a little as to whether we should have hung on to Ben Mee...

Ludo

The Barcelona game aside we're not great to watch this last few weeks.

gavin

Crap again but another successful result.

goat

how much did it cost to replace pelle with a younger pelle?

KunDB

Quote from: lee on November 26, 2016, 13:25:39
stones was good

Yes, we agree his best games are when he doesn't play, very consistent for these games.

In all seriousness he has massive potential just struggling to realise it and not helped by the company he has at the back and the kompany he doesn't have. A steady experienced world class partner is what he desperately needs to help him develop.

Neil Mcnab

3 points. Hanging on at the end. I think Pep will be telling Burgerstain and Soriano the squad needs an addition or two at the back, maybe one in midfield. We wont win the league and go much further in the chumps league if we carry on like we have performed in the last few weeks.

zacc

couldn't have made it much harder ::)

Swiss

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on November 26, 2016, 22:01:03
3 points. Hanging on at the end. I think Pep will be telling Burgerstain and Soriano the squad needs an addition or two at the back, maybe one in midfield. We wont win the league and go much further in the chumps league if we carry on like we have performed in the last few weeks.

I'd say two in central midfield. We don't have enough (good) all-rounders through the middle.

Fernando & Delph need to go. I doubt Yaya will be around for too much longer either, though he looks soo much lighter these days.

Navas t be replaced by Jesus

Another 2 CB's are needed and atleast 2 full backs.

Then a Sergio clone would be nice too :D

Gareth

Is the January window - buying and selling - affected by who is/isn't CL 'cup-tied'? Or does the CL start again with a clean slate of appearances after the group stage?

gavin

I think the answer is a complicated no...

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2277105.html

Can a player play in UEFA competition for more than one club in the same season?

As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, excluding UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. However, a player can play for one club in the first, second and third qualifying round, and/or the play-offs, of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, and then represent another club from the group stage of either competition.

What about if a player moves in the January transfer window?

A club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the knockout stage. Such registration must be completed by midnight CET on 2 February 2016.

One player from the above quota of three can have been fielded in a group stage by another club in the current season, provided that the player has not been fielded:

In the same competition for another club; OR

For another club that is currently in the same competition (applies specifically to third-placed UEFA Champions League teams joining the UEFA Europa League)

One or more players from the above quota of three can be registered even if they have been fielded by another club in the first, second or third qualifying round, and/or play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Swiss on November 29, 2016, 20:44:55
I'd say two in central midfield. We don't have enough (good) all-rounders through the middle.

Fernando & Delph need to go. I doubt Yaya will be around for too much longer either, though he looks soo much lighter these days.

Navas t be replaced by Jesus

Another 2 CB's are needed and atleast 2 full backs.

Then a Sergio clone would be nice too :D
I thought he was our best player at Burnley, he made some good recovery tackles and interceptions and he kept it simple with his passing, which he doesn't always.