News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

January transfer gossip

Started by Swiss, December 18, 2016, 13:28:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Who have we been linked to and who is being booted out this window?

linked

GK
Ederson (Benfica)

Def
Virgin van djik (Southampton)

Mid
Koke (Atletico Madrid)
Julian Weigl (bvb)
Gregorz Krychowiak (psg)
Ever Banega (Inter)

Attack
Alex the ox (£25m arsenal)

Out

GK
Bravo back to Barce

Def

Mid

Attack

One for the summer but... Joe Hart reportedly in swap deal for Kasper Schmeichel!

Ludo

Unless we're bringing in a top centre half, two full backs and Messi I don't care.

Lekos

Let's hope Jesus lives up to his name.

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on December 18, 2016, 16:38:08
Unless we're bringing in a top centre half, two full backs and Messi I don't care.

You missed gk off there

Ludo

Swiss

Neil Mcnab

I think whoever thinks Koke is arriving in this window is doing a line themselves. Seeing him play for Spain and AM, he looks OK. But over 100 million?

Swiss

Swiss

Ah, his release clause is £125m. That's where that is.

goat

pretty sure the papers still dont get that release clauses are part of spanish law, hardly any match what clubs value players at

gavin

For some reason I don't see us doing much business in January.

Swiss

Me either, but if Zabs injury proves to be cruciate damage too, their hands may be forced into their pockets.

lee

City are chasing Southampton's Virgil van Dijk!!

Ludo

Who'll end up playing like Dick van Dyke.

Swiss

Diagnosis...Murdering strikers!

goat

dicks and dykes, you will set pesty off

Neil Mcnab

Apparently we have no interest. Which means we have a lot of interest, or we have none. He would be 50 million for sure. He is not that good.

goat

Hesperus

I think not trying to strengthen the defence in Jan is a mistake and will probably come back to bite us at the end of the season, but then again availability is scarce and it's down to a failure in the previous transfer windows that our defence is not good enough.

Swiss

DEpends how cocked Stones is.

Having one recognised CB int he squad isn't great...

MAybe we'll bring back Denayer and/or play Tosin

Neil Mcnab

Apparently Badstuber is in the frame.

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/2017/01/01/man-city-news-transfer-gossip-1-january-2017/1483262480937

Only see the highlights, but Van Dijk has been inconsistent to say the least the last couple of games.

Swiss

Hasn't badstuber been out injured for ages...

Ludo

goat

a young german international defender, he will be ace when  he goes back to bayern

Ludo

Rakitic being fairly heavily linked.

nimrod

Quote from: goat on January 02, 2017, 11:47:12
a young german international defender, he will be ace when  he goes back to bayern
He didn't stay long I always wondered about that

gavin

He's said that if we do strengthen it will be in defence.

Lekos

Laporte, Rakitic and Jesus would be a decent January.  Growing a new keeper might take longer.

Rowley Birkin QC

Can people stop linking us with Jack Wilshere please. It's upsetting.

goat

Quote from: nimrod on January 08, 2017, 23:30:45
He didn't stay long I always wondered about that

mancini probably upset him

Swiss

Jan Oblak now being considered apparently... however not til the summer  :(

Looks more agile in that lip but he's only 1cm taller than Bravo (puts him at 6'1") which is still quite short for a keeper.

Lekos

Burnt out and at celtic in 4 years

zacc

goat

gavin

It is all very dull these days. Not much happens in January does it! If only China hadn't brought in that daft rule that made Costa suddenly 'want' to stay.

Swiss

lee

gavin

Yes, the team that were offering to buy him had their quota and purely coincidentally he then decided he would stay.

Swiss

A bit like the ITalian league then

zacc

Quote from: gavin on January 24, 2017, 08:39:35
Yes, the team that were offering to buy him had their quota and purely coincidentally he then decided he would stay.

heard the offer will stand till the summer so they may have got round the problem by then !

Neil Mcnab

Nacho wont get a look in now, for his development he needs games. Loan him out.

Paddy

I don't think it limits the amount of players just only two overseas players per match

Paddy