News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Away to The Tigers

Started by KunDB, December 26, 2016, 16:56:45

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

CITY XI |

Bravo,

Stones, Otamendi, Sagna, Clichy,

Fernandinho, Toure, Silva (c), Sterling, Nolito, De Bruyne

CITY SUBS | Caballero, Zabaleta, Fernando, Garcia, Kolarov, Navas, Iheanacho

No striker, a no vote for Kelechi and a no vote from me for this Pep obsession with midfielders only.

C'mon City

KunDB

Stones injured Kolarov on.

City trying walk ball through Hull's defence and into net as no height and no striker up front.

Ludo

Lekos

lee

hard to break down a flat back 9

tossers

KunDB

Toothless pretentious crap. Move the ball around middle then run into a brick wall. One attacking option - walk ball into net.
Nolito main point of attack, such a pity he cannot shoot straight.
Not impressed.

Ludo

Can't blame Hull for defending well. We neither have the brains nor the ability to break them down.

Nolito is shit.

gavin

Insipid. No inspiration or creativity. They need a kick up the arse at half time.

lee

Quote from: Ludo on December 26, 2016, 18:06:16
Can't blame Hull for defending well. We neither have the brains nor the ability to break them down.

Nolito is shit.

their at home ffs!! the prem does need shit like this in the league

Lekos

Quote from: Ludo on December 26, 2016, 18:06:16

100% this

Lekos

Stoke, Arsenal and Chelsea have beaten these at the KC so far this season.

Lekos

lee

fair play to hull coming out and giving it a go now

goat

goat

somehow i dont think chelsea are shitting themselves watching this

KunDB

Yaya penalty

Probs a penalty was only way we would take the lead.

So, so prefer Yaya taking the penalties for us.

KunDB

2 0

Kelachi cool as a cucumber. Helps having a striker.7

Just as well Pep took my advice.

Hesperus

Good three points. Performance wasn't great but the win is all that matters. Need to do the same at Anfield now.

Ludo

Bit of a flattering score line in the end but 3 pts badly needed.

gavin

We came good in the end. Raheem proving his worth again. I really hope he does the business against the scousers now. I bet he will get a great reception. Pleased for Kelechi scoring as well.

Swiss

Fell asleep at half time, missed hte netire second half  8)

Victoria

And you accuse me of not watching a game......💋🎅

gavin

I like Pep's criticisms of the first half performance - 'We forgot where the goal was' he says. Telling it just like it was.

Swiss

Quote from: Tori on December 27, 2016, 11:28:09
And you accuse me of not watching a game......💋🎅

Because your critiques are at odds with pitchside events!

Rowley Birkin QC

And you were critiquing the back of your eyelids Swiss!

Well, we're going OK all things considered. We all long since worked out what to expect from most opponents below the top 5 or 6 for the rest of this season. Get everyone behind the ball and try your luck against us with some charging breaks or long balls dropped onto the heads of our centre backs in the hope of seizing on an individual defensive error. The longer these games go 0-0 the more hope springs internal in the minds of this type of opposition! But not this time... keep playing positively, create as many opportunities as possible (remember where the goal is, as Pep said), and eventually our extra quality should count somewhere - although at the moment we sometimes need a touch of luck to get us going (and it's important we score the opening goal).

We made our own luck here though. Sterling's pace and skill forced the penalty, and the second goal was excellent. Not just the Silva - KdB combination, but Otamendi's ball winning tackle/interception and subsequent chip pass to set KdB on his way deserved a great deal more recognition than he's been given. Some great football there!

...we will need to be quicker and sharper against Liverpool.

Oh - and on the subject of Nolito: yes, he's a bit of a worry. I can see what he's trying to do most of the time - some good ideas - but so much of it doesn't come off for him. His first touch is a bit of a lottery - strange in a player of his age and experience.

Swiss

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 27, 2016, 14:07:31
And you were critiquing the back of your eyelids Swiss!

Slightly hairy they are, but shield the light well enough