News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Millennials

Started by zacc, January 05, 2017, 14:25:41

Previous topic - Next topic

zacc

this is a great listen

https://www.facebook.com/VineSurvivor/videos/1232136226872420/

vid regarding "This is exactly what's wrong with this generation"

nimrod

Personally Zacc I don't agree with him, being the father of 2 sons who were both born after 1984 I can confirm that he is massively generalising,  I've gotten to know both my sons sets of friends pretty well and I'd say 90% of them were motivated and hard working. No different from previous generations really, except I feel a bit sorry for young people now having social media to deal with.

zacc

Quote from: nimrod on January 05, 2017, 23:18:11
Personally Zacc I don't agree with him, being the father of 2 sons who were both born after 1984 I can confirm that he is massively generalising,  I've gotten to know both my sons sets of friends pretty well and I'd say 90% of them were motivated and hard working. No different from previous generations really, except I feel a bit sorry for young people now having social media to deal with.

He does start off saying parents are first influence so maybe credit to you and the Mrs ?
Plus we attract ones like ourselves so your lads' mates are prob from similar parental input ? 
Course as you say got to be exceptions to the rule. Perhaps more common in some countries than others?
Hubby is away in Malaysia & my freezer broke down tripping the electrics anyway I sorted all the but changing the fuse in the plug.
I'd need to stand on a chair (freezer is outside in a shed. This plus my hands not being great means not done it yet.
Hubby emailed our tenants who live next door in our annex and he replied "never changed a plug fuse,when it comes to DIY I'm pretty inexperienced probably  safer if I left that for someone who knows what they're doing"!!!! Hey ho
8)