News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sorry

Started by Zabba, December 30, 2014, 11:49:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Zabba

According to the Daily Mail.

"Blunder referee Anthony Taylor apologised to Jose Mourinho for failing to award a penalty when Cesc Fabregas was tripped at Southampton on Sunday.

It has emerged that Taylor, who instead booked Fabregas for diving in the 1-1 draw, said sorry to the Chelsea boss before both had left St Mary’s."

Now I have no problem with Referees apologising for mistakes, we all make mistakes.

But if it happens it should be public and transparent. I wonder did Pellegrini and Man City get an apology from the referee for the Burnley offside goal. If one was made it has been kept quiet.

Raises the question did Mourinho get an apology because of his much publicised, and manipulative, Chelsea are being victimised allegations and does Taylor and the other referees now owe JM a favour, and will they play safe with Chelsea and give them 50/50 decisions (maybe even 60/40 ones wrongly). After all that is the prime purpose of JM's remarks. That and to hide the blatant diving they resort to when not playing well.

If it happens that referees are going to apologise for mistakes, then it should apply in all cases and be done in an open way that is transparent and accountable. Not behind closed doors leading to more questions and raising doubts about referees future integrity and intentions and quite frankly ability to withstand pressure from managers seeking to distort their neutrality of officiating.

It will be interesting to watch and see how Chelsea's blatant diving and 50/50 decisions are officiated in future games.

gavin

If refs want to apologise for mistakes then fine. The unfortunate thing is they are making too many mistakes. Can anyone say that the standard of reffing has improved since they went pro? There needs to be a re-think on their training and how the system operates because at the moment it isn't working. There will always be mistakes and we have to accept that but the level of inconsistency is simply unacceptable.

But also important is the approach of players. The PFA should take a tough stance on its own members and agree with the FA a new approach to diving. At the moment it is being made very difficult for refs. The level of cheating going on is absolutely disgraceful and brings shame on the game and footballers as a profession.

Refs should be embarrassed by some of their performances but footballers should be utterly ashamed of their blatant cheating in every single game I see.

Zabba

I agree Gavin and I think video should be used during games and after games to help the referee reduce blatant errors such as awarding or not awarding a penalty.

I cannot stand Platini but I also agree with his proposal (which Sepp detests) to introduce White Cards, to sin bin players, for some offences.

MP said that "The white card is a new initiative. It is related to the behaviour of football players. Play-acting, criticism on the field, these are not accepted by people who love the game.

andy1966

The standard of refereeing is getting worse year on year as for Moaninho he is an expert at manipulating OFFICIALS / MEDIA AND THUS USUALLY GETS HIS OWN WAY (CAPLOCK) :D

gavin

Today's ref was another total wanker.

Ludo

Could've been worse, we were supposed to have Chris Foy.