News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Would any other manager

Started by Stephen Paul, January 19, 2017, 10:23:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Lekos

nimrod

Quote from: stephenmcfc on January 19, 2017, 10:23:55
be sacked by now ?
Well we keep sacking successful managers so perhaps yeah

shandon

Even Pelle lasted three years  :)

Gareth

Surely it would be lunacy for the Club to get to a position where we can sign the best manager in the world, then sack him after half a season?

Personally, I think he'll walk.

nimrod

Quote from: Gareth on January 19, 2017, 13:09:08
Surely it would be lunacy for the Club to get to a position where we can sign the best manager in the world, then sack him after half a season?

Personally, I think he'll walk.
No the question was if it was another manager

But your last bit I have a feeling he will

Neil Mcnab

No chance of being sacked. Burgerstain and Soriano were brought in to help get Pep. The owners have then been working for years just to get Pep in.

I expect at least 18 months - three windows of transfers - even if we are outside the top four, if there was still no light, then decisions.

But, we have seen he is petulant, a tulip, so could spit the dummy and walk. Lets hope he can rise above that, knuckle down, show a bit of dignity and also live up to his reputation and take us to the promised land - thats a Chumps league victory.

Only minus is Burgerstain, who was brought in not to just get Pep, but to spend money wisely on quality players. For the most part, he has been a long way off.

gavin

Apart from Chelsea we're still reasonably well positioned. 2 points better off than after the same amount of games last season. It is a bit disappointing but if we were 6 or 7 points better off then we'd be happy enough. Given the chances we've missed in certain matches this season that could easily be the case. All the focus is on the manager and keeper but players such as KDB and Sergio have a lot to answer for with their profligacy. Sergio again and Fernandinho have been daft with their sendings off too which have cost us their presence. The manager must take a decent share of the blame for not keeping nearer to Chelsea but there are other reasons and hopefully he is learning.

Watching the matches, our dominance in most of them, the chances we miss, I am quite happy that Peps plan can and will work given time and the right personnel.

jingoe

It could have been so different. If Anthony Taylor had sent off Luiz in the first half for taking out Sergio we would have gone on to win, not had Sergio and 'Dinho sent off and been top of the league.
My biggest concern is Bravo. How many goals have gone into the bottom left corner of his net from the RHS of the penalty area? He is just not good enough.

Swiss

nimrod

For a club that spends 100 to 150 million quid a season we don't look too good, our best players are getting on a bit except KDB
Pep seems to trust in Bravo he's either too stubborn or ego driven to drop him, maybe if he'd bought some defenders instead of several midfielders who hardly ever play anyway

KunDB

Any other manager is just not relevant as Guardiola is in a class of his own. One of the few proven top managers in world football and one City have not had in a very long Bluemoon.

Gareth

Quote from: Zabba on January 21, 2017, 12:41:32
Any other manager is just not relevant as Guardiola is in a class of his own. One of the few proven top managers in world football and one City have not had in a very long Bluemoon.

I wasn't reassured of his commitment by his comments reported this morning...

Guardiola’s statement on Friday that he is possibly not of the requisite standard came when he was asked if City’s players are as good as those he coached at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. “Maybe I am not good enough for them,” he said.

KunDB

Quote from: Gareth on January 21, 2017, 13:05:27
I wasn't reassured of his commitment by his comments reported this morning...

Guardiola’s statement on Friday that he is possibly not of the requisite standard came when he was asked if City’s players are as good as those he coached at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. “Maybe I am not good enough for them,” he said.

Gareth, do you really believe that? Do you really think Pep should pander to the media agenda and publically criticise his own players. Players he is relying on for the rest of the season?

Win today and we are level with Spurs and Liverpool oddly as according to the media they are sensational this season while we are rubbish. Same points???

zacc

Takes attention from players pretty much what top managers do is take the focus when things not as smooth as should be.

Gareth

Quote from: Zabba on January 21, 2017, 15:04:17
Gareth, do you really believe that?
Yep, I believe what was printed was an accurate statement of what he said - you have evidence to the contrary?

What I take from what he (reportedly) said may be different to what you take. I wasn't reassured - it sounded to me like he was giving himself  a way out if he decides that's what he wants.

andy1966

Quote from: Swiss on January 19, 2017, 22:54:47
His reach is the problem
I agree with you , there was hardly anything made of Luiz or Louise , straight red for me , leaving him on only forced Aguero to retaliate, as for Clownio Bravo BBC were spouting stats that he has conceded 14 out of the last 21 shots on target, that has to be worse than that great Rag legend Paddy Roach

gavin

I'm convinced we will become the best team in the World under Pep. As the great KK once said - I can see what is around the corner, I just don't know where the corner is.

Swiss

There were enough signs yeterday that its starting to click.

I thought Sane did well yesterday.

having the pivot of Yaya ticking things over worked really well, we just need to find a long term solution to that.

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on January 22, 2017, 16:28:51
There were enough signs yeterday that its starting to click.

I thought Sane did well yesterday.

having the pivot of Yaya ticking things over worked really well, we just need to find a long term solution to that.
The trouble is he never plays the same team twice

Also some player's have turned shit,  kun and nacho

I'm told Bravo used to be good