News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Lampard signs - all season

Started by Zabba, December 31, 2014, 21:17:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Zabba

Story Link 

Per Daily Mail but short confirmation of story on OS.
Manchester City can confirm that it has extended Frank Lampard’s contract up to the end of Manchester City’s season, enabling his continued participation in both domestic and European campaigns.

Story

"A deal has been agreed that will keep Frank Lampard at Manchester City until the end of the season.

City had been locked in high-level with talks with the Premier League on Wednesday afternoon as they looked to secure his availability for the New Years Day match against Sunderland.

It is understood that the Premier League board have now granted their approval to the amendment of Lampard's deal and he is eligible to face Sunderland tomorrow afternoon.
A club statement read: 'Manchester City can confirm that it has extended Frank Lampard's contract up to the end of Manchester City's season, enabling his participation in both domestic and European campaigns.'

Lampard has spent the first half of the season on a short-term deal at City after signing a pre-contract agreement with sister outfit New York City FC that was due to commence on January 1.

The two clubs have now reached an agreement that allows the midfielder to remain in Manchester after an internal struggle over the past months"

gavin

Bit surprised it is for the whole season. It gives the impression they are not taking the New York thing all that seriously. They're gonna have to think about how to redress that a bit.

bry the guy

Ludo

I'm happy he's staying but I am surprised it's to the end of the season. I'd half expected him to go back and maybe have taken David Villa on loan instead.

Either way it's another stick for the press to beat us with.

andy1966

I love the fact that he has got us out of jail a few times this season ,
and if we do manage to win the title this season , We will take it  from a manager that thought Lampard wasn't good enough to be in his team
with several of the required points coming directly as a result of us playing him  :D