News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Premier League Title

Started by Stephen Paul, December 30, 2014, 07:29:06

Previous topic - Next topic

With Half the season gone who do you think will win it ?

Manchester City
13 (59.1%)
Chelsea
3 (13.6%)
Utd
0 (0%)
Arsenal
0 (0%)
Southampton
0 (0%)
Liverpool
5 (22.7%)
Another
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Stephen Paul

City for me , apart from Burnley we are looking good

gavin

MCFC has the best team and squad. Given a level playing field of injuries in the second half of the season I believe we will win it.

Leewonpen

Chelsea for me I'm afraid (hope I'm wrong!)........Matic and Fabregas being the difference

bry the guy

City for me i think Chelsea will crumble under the pressure.

andy1966

Quote from: gavin on December 30, 2014, 14:23:33
MCFC has the best team and squad. Given a level playing field of injuries in the second half of the season I believe we will win it.
I really hope we buy a couple of back up strikers this window
the club would be mad to think we can do it without
we have been found wanting and our luck could run out

Stephen Paul

Who's taking the piss . Scousers

alexsam

Chelsea two/three injuries from being average

Willian, Costa or either centre back.

We been unlucky with injuries compared to them but still managed to close a big gap

Jose reaction yesterday seemed to be from someone under pressure I thought

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Ye but its always everyone else's fault except his

rogerpalmer

could be a good month for us january, chelsea,s fixtures are horrendous, plus they have to play 2 semi finals versus the red scouse, the second semi days before we play them. when i say horrendous probalbly congested, and a few of their players only a couple of bookings from a ban.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/fixtures

our fixtures in comparison.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/fixtures

dexter

i think city will win it, it is going to be close but city will win.

bluebrendan

In order to win it we just need to stop trying to close out games at 2-0 because we're seemingly incapable of doing that so just keep attacking and get more goals. Look at yesterday, at 2-0 up we tried to sit on the lead and we just let them back in with some poor defending but once we started attacking again we created a bagful of chances, it does my head in.  :headbang:

Rowley Birkin QC

bluepill

21% having a laugh then!

I don't like predicting city winning, but I think we will prevail - I thought chelsea would run away with it but it looks like they could have a blip in form - long may it continue!

alexsam

Not sure why anyone thinks a team will romp this league. Some may argue the rags did but actually that season everyone else gave up or rather blew up.

That season was a one off and RVP won it for them.

I knew Chelsea would drop points. It always happens.

Pellegrini should be congratulated for keeping us going as well without any recognised forwards and also Vinny and Silva both missing at times. Top management but that seems to get forgotten because we have a so called huge squad.

Yet Jose has hardly any injuries and his team is the best since Brazil in the 1970 world cup. Bollocks. I remember at our place we drew 1-1 when we were down to 10 men and we was the only team trying to win the match then.

I am delighted we never got Jose as manager as he would have bored the shit out of us but been protected by the so called winning mentality and his arse licking press waiting for a sound bite or an outburst. He has no class.  Reminds me of the drunk in the pub who will one day call everyone a knob and the next day come back sober and expect his apology to be accepted, only to do it again the next time he pissed.

wigley

Quote from: bluebrendan on January 02, 2015, 19:57:25
In order to win it we just need to stop trying to close out games at 2-0 because we're seemingly incapable of doing that so just keep attacking and get more goals. Look at yesterday, at 2-0 up we tried to sit on the lead and we just let them back in with some poor defending but once we started attacking again we created a bagful of chances, it does my head in.  :headbang:
Or,when we do get 2-0 up,we could stop throwing 9 men forward and start defending properly.
I wasn't a great Mancini fan,but he would have closed the game out from that position

Zabba

Yes Wigley sometimes when we have broken down the brick wall every team constructs at the Eitihad, including Chelsea's, we need to put up our own brick wall and hit hard and fast on the break.

Being all out flowing and attacking is fine and great to watch but it is all about winning games and points, that is what wins the PL, there are no style points. 

gavin

Our defending isn't great at the moment whether we have numbers back in defence or not. We should concentrate on good defending not throwing more numbers in defence when we get ahead.