News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sunderland Match Thread

Started by 93:2012, January 01, 2015, 14:04:35

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Jimmy should have had three atleast!!

If it finishes as it is, is a Wembley job init?

gavin

Play off at a neutral venue, could be Wembley I suppose. But we'll win it outright.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

A positive comment?! Fookin hell!!!!

gavin

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Zabba on January 01, 2015, 14:09:15
Oh Ho, well Sir Rowley and Gavin seems Pelle agrees with me Hart fucked up on that first Burnley goal (offside or not) and has dropped him as a warning shot to shape up.

Sorry but Pelle is the final judgement on this matter, and has decided I was right (as always). lol

You haven't the foggiest idea why Hart was dropped for this game  :D

Rowley Birkin QC

Well, we certainly switched off after the second goal, and pretty soon Sunderland were finding a bit too much space to exploit in the middle of our half. We were a little unfortunate with the pen, but yet again another demonstration of why no team should ever wind down the intensity with anything less than a three goal cushion.

Still, we weathered another match without a striker and took all three points. Aside from concerns about our continuing lapses of concentration and a worrying tendency to approach a lot of these games with some sort of 'Do just enough to win it' mentality - I too remain broadly positive. I've always felt we have a better squad than Chelsea and we would ultimately chase them down. Definitely 'game on' now!

shandon

Rowley Birkin QC

Zabba

Quote from: Sir Rowley Birkin QC on January 02, 2015, 09:47:13
Quote from: Zabba on January 01, 2015, 14:09:15
Oh Ho, well Sir Rowley and Gavin seems Pelle agrees with me Hart fucked up on that first Burnley goal (offside or not) and has dropped him as a warning shot to shape up.

Sorry but Pelle is the final judgement on this matter, and has decided I was right (as always). lol

You haven't the foggiest idea why Hart was dropped for this game  :D

Trust me, Pelle said it was rotation on interview but I know the truth. JH threw one into his own net WBA (figuratively speaking) and then screwed up on Burnley's first. Time for rotation thought Pelle and rightly so.

Some day soon you will see the light.

shandon

Rowley Birkin QC

He is to my eyes - but then I'm a bit old fashioned about these things.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The way the opposition pack the edge of the box and all our boys are darting around in and out I don't think having a striker makes all that much difference.

bry the guy

Quote from: gavin on January 01, 2015, 22:29:25
Play off at a neutral venue, could be Wembley I suppose. But we'll win it outright.
I think if we draw 2-2 or better at their place and its all square at the end we win it on head to head.Long way to go yet though.

bluebrendan

Quote from: bry the guy on January 02, 2015, 13:51:34
Quote from: gavin on January 01, 2015, 22:29:25
I think if we draw 2-2 or better at their place and its all square at the end we win it on head to head.Long way to go yet though.

No head to head in the PL rules, it would be a play-off.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Swiss

Sky would love a play off too!

Rowley Birkin QC

Pay off - surely you both mean pay off?