News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Monaco Match Thread

Started by KunDB, March 15, 2017, 18:51:43

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Caballero, Sagna, Stones, Kolarov, Clichy, Fernandinho, Sterling, Silva (C), De Bruyne, Sané, Agüero

Bravo, Zabaleta, Navas, Delph, Otamendi, Yaya Touré, Iheanacho

Pep going for the away goal(s) that we will need with this attacking line up.

Cmon City.

gavin

Great team. I'm confident. Come on City.

KunDB

In our favour is the fact they will have to attack (at least eventually) leaving us room in attack. Get to half time drawing and I will be happy, happy, happy.

Swiss

Bloody hell Gav, I'm not sure I've ever been confident of a City win even if were 6-0 up with 10 on the clock  ;D

KunDB

Absolute digshit from City first 25 mins and Silva woeful. We are not even second best so far. Wake up City and Pep.

Swiss

Ludo

Shit, shit and more shit.

gavin

Absolute shite. If ever we can only be better in the second half was true this is it. Pep will give them a good talking to I'm sure. Just come out and win the second half, that's all it will take. We can do it.

KunDB

Far from over yet but we need to turn up and start playing   We have surrendered midfield and are nit working hard enough for each other.

Gareth

Just outplayed so far. Still, we came from behind in the first game. 

Ludo

Our decision making is f*cking awful

KunDB

A game of two halves we finally turned up let's get another now.

Ludo

If our defensive line was any higher for that free kick we'd be in their half....

zacc

Pep got tactics wrong first half imo. Monaco are playing niggly game too which is working for them. Not impressed with this ref !!

KunDB

Over the two legs our weaknesses cost us particularly in defence. Played a high line to defend a free kick and left a man on his own in the middle of our box.

Ludo

KunDB

Conceded 3 goals at home and away our defence is our mainnachillues heel.

KunDB

Quote from: Zabba on March 15, 2017, 21:40:05
Conceded 3 goals at home and away our defence is our main Achilles  heel.

gavin

Yes, we gifted them goals in both legs. But De Bruyne had two chances to put in a ball like the one for their goal and one was far too hard and the other straight at the keeper. We don't have many great headers but you have to at least put the ball in the right area. And missed too many chances yet again.

Hesperus

And that's that. Only the FA cup to play for now and with our defence we've no chance there either.

I was desperate to get Pep but he can't organise the defence and has had more than enough time. 

He's fecked up the goal keeping position and made a bad defence worse.

Ive lost all confidence in him.

gavin

Pep will get it right and when he does we will have one of the best, most entertaining, sides in history. We're not a million miles away.

Paddy

What a piss poor performance. DeBruyne's passing and reaction was pathetic and why were Sterling and Mane playing out of position for most of the first half. Pep was arrogant in his selection and got what he deserved at the expense of the team

Paddy

Gavin, Pep hasn't ever had to build a team; they were always there for him, both at bacca and Bayern. Not impressed with his tactics and his faith in Bravo. His "gung Ho" tactics just do not work. Some stiff games coming up so we will see, not feeling confident

KunDB

I trust Pep to lift this team to a new level but he has to stop being stubborn and recognise the importance of a strong defence. Ours is woeful and not good enough in the big games against top teams.

Paddy

Wish I had your faith Zabba but cannot see us progressing ant further in the league, just might get to the FA final, fingers crossed but not holding my breathe

lee

he should have mobbed that midfield tonight and had 2 holding midfielders!!!

Rowley Birkin QC

More than a little uncomfortable when I saw the team selection. Pep gambled there and lost - badly.

As Lee has just posted - not nearly enough backbone in that midfield. Fernandinho can't do it all on his own - especially against a fast running, young team - who had nothing to lose and everything to play for.

Paddy

I agree with Lee; Toure should have figured and I think Zab, he is good at getting forward into crucial positions and supplying the crosses. When Sane and Sterling reverted back to their natural positions we played better but wasted the first half because of that bad strategy

Ludo

shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit,

Good night.

Rowley Birkin QC

I'd be buying a couple of those Monaco lads.

Swiss

It's all doom and gloom!

We'll see what shape the team is in next year with new blood.

It's not as if we had many options on the bench to change things.

Navas, toure?

Nacho came on and we couldn't even get him the ball.

One thing rang from peps post match. We did lack aggression and we did lack personality. I expect him to change this.

KunDB

Pep we lack a defence and a power player midfielder. Our midfield has no bite great on the front foot big girls blouses on the back foot.

KunDB

Time to judge is next year but an early sign will be what Pep does with the defence in the summer.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Swiss on March 16, 2017, 06:45:37

One thing rang from peps post match. We did lack aggression and we did lack personality. I expect him to change this.

Yes. With one or two exceptions there didn't appear to be much fire in our bellies did there? The match started quite flat I thought (first 5 minutes), and perhaps we were complacent? Then Monaco suddenly upped their pressing game and scored the early goal almost immediately. OK, getting ambushed like that can happen to any team, but I was disappointed we didn't respond - or couldn't respond. We looked flat and tired. Then we conceded the second....

I too would expect that Pep , of all managers, knows how to fire a team up - especially for a Champions League QF decider. So what's wrong?

Tricky Trev

What a joke Pep has turned out to be, alas not unexpected. He may be the very best manager with an absolute top club with mostly world stars. But when he has to manage an unpredictable shit show like City he has no clue. He has no adaptability and is simply stuck on his way no matter what. He could people possibly think this would work out? God I hate being wrong sometimes.  ;)

Rowley Birkin QC

Ah - looks who's back...

zacc

Trevor Sinclair made some good points about the City performance on "Breakfast" 5Live concluding it was a blessing in disguise.
When asked why? He explained highly unlikely win CL so removes them from unnecessary games, meaning they  can concentrate on being in top four and winning the FA Cup.
All very constructive comments unlike our very own Tricky Trev on here. Welcome  back !!
;)

gavin

There's always a bright side but it still would have been better to still be in it. Most galling is that it was such a gutless performance. So many players need to look hard at themselves.

Ludo

utd must have beaten someone, Trev's back.

Neil Mcnab

Garbage first half, a bit better second, small margins. We wont win the FA cup, we might get past Arsenal, no one else.

The defense needs players in front to screen and joining in defense from the rest of the team. Until that happens they are being judged too harshly.

Swiss

We've lacked a leader in the middle of the park for years.