News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Hart's doing well then!

Started by Swiss, April 16, 2017, 22:23:29

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

whatever happened to the hart fanclub on here?

Swiss

I still like him, was sorry to see him go without Pep trying with him. Was sorry to see Bravo having a mare of a season n'all!

Will always be remembered fondly by me: Though we said it since he was a kid, his catching & distribution never improved. Now his mistakes are looking more David James like, or worse!

Neil Mcnab

He is better than what we have now, but that is not saying much. No one is going to be paying the big money he got from us, so he might get a golden goodbye on a knock down fee as well.

gavin

Decent keeper but I can see why he doesn't fit in with Pep. We're gonna need another new keeper in the summer. Joe should find a decent club but he might have to accept a pay cut. I'm sure he should be able to afford it.

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on April 17, 2017, 15:20:55
whatever happened to the hart fanclub on here?
I was never a great Hart fan but people in glass houses and all that, goat - you rated Isaksson.  ;D

Gareth

"Hart's doing well then!"

And do we take amusement from this? He's not the world's greatest but he played his part in two league-winning teams and even I can see that he's better than either of our current keepers. Didn't some people describe him as "just a shot-stopper"? Presumably that was before they realised that shot-stopping didn't appear on Bravo's CV. Clearly there's no future for him at City, he knows that, but is there any reason why we shouldn't wish him well?

goat

KunDB

Spot on Gareth.

We all knew and discussed Joe's weaknesses frequently but he was City through and through. He also responded last summer to his disappointment with great dignity. So I for one wish him all the best.

gavin

I wish him all the best and respect him as a City legend. However it is worth pointing out that he has problems amongst all the vitriol aimed at Bravo.

Gareth

Quote from: gavin on April 18, 2017, 20:51:20
I wish him all the best and respect him as a City legend. However it is worth pointing out that he has problems amongst all the vitriol aimed at Bravo.

My post was not intended to be vitriolic, sorry you took it that way. But I really do think we need a better 'keeper if we want to be a top side. And whatever problems Joe may have, I don't think they are City's problems any more. So I think I can overlook them now and respect his achievements. I hope he'd be a welcome visitor back at the Etihad whenever that might be.   

gavin

I didn't take it that way, I was referring to what I hear at most matches unfortunately. However, I'm sure that Claudio has saves on his CV over the years or he wouldn't have had the career he has had.

Gareth

Be great for everyone if he got his career back on track.

goat

easy to say we need a top keeper...hell of a lot harder to get one

i say break the bank and legs for neuer,  anyone want to chip in, he might cost a few quid

Gareth

What I think about that is, take a positive view and say it turns out after all that Stones can actually play; the money spent on him would still be wasted if we didn't similarly invest in a half-decent 'keeper. It's not my money, but if we're in it to compete at the top level, we can't do it in a half-arsed way. Not many great teams that couldn't defend properly when required. And I mean defend... can't play the ball out from the back of the net.

Swiss

What about Donnarumma?

He 'could' be one of the top keepers for 20 years (He's 18) and any exhorbitant amount could be saved on the potential longevity.

Neuer is already 31 and by the same standard as above, could be here for 7 years.

Neuer Stats

Donnarumma Stats

Both would be massive fees and hard to prize away from their clubs.

zacc

Quote from: gavin on April 18, 2017, 21:40:36
I didn't take it that way, I was referring to what I hear at most matches unfortunately. However, I'm sure that Claudio has saves on his CV over the years or he wouldn't have had the career he has had.

bet they  can be counted on one hand just not his!! ;)

Swiss

Stat-wise, 14/15 was his Bravo's season out of the last few (data doesn't go too far back).

Barce__________________City
14/15_________________16/17
37 appearances (Domestic) 21
23 clean sheets 5
0.51 goals conceded per game 1.24
3.47 saves per goal 1.04
1.59 average saves per match 1.24
83% distribution success 75%

goat

Quote from: Swiss on April 19, 2017, 20:22:57
What about Donnarumma?

He 'could' be one of the top keepers for 20 years (He's 18) and any exhorbitant amount could be saved on the potential longevity.

Neuer is already 31 and by the same standard as above, could be here for 7 years.

Neuer Stats

Donnarumma Stats

Both would be massive fees and hard to prize away from their clubs.

milan have new owners, not sure they would flog the star man so quickly

Swiss

I forgot they have new owners.

But will Bayern be equally as happy to sell?

It would take a world record bid for either i imagine

Paddy

Should have opted for Kaspar when we had the chance, far superior to Joe

gavin

Conceded 5 this weekend and has made the second most mistakes that lead to goals of all keepers in serie a.

http://sport.bt.com/beautiful-game/joe-hart-has-another-torino-horror-show-91364180378548

bluebrendan

Quote from: Paddy on April 23, 2017, 21:43:05
Should have opted for Kaspar when we had the chance, far superior to Joe
Debatable but even if he is he's still not good enough.

nimrod

Pep shipping him out was a very public humiliation
He's lost confidence

With goalies and strikers it's all about confidence

goat

he was doing that shit before pep gandalf

Swiss

Shame. I'll have fond memories but both club and player need to move on.

I'm hoping donnarummer comes :-D

nimrod

Quote from: goat on May 15, 2017, 11:35:37
he was doing that shit before pep gandalf

Some yeah but he was better than Norman Wisdom

Anyway I blame pep for us being a bit shit this season