News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Everyone is the top 6 is a success except City

Started by gavin, May 13, 2017, 23:00:15

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

So says Shearer on MoTD. Whilst I agree our season is a failure by and large it seems odd to conclude that all those other teams are comparative successes.

zacc

Quote from: gavin on May 13, 2017, 23:00:15
So says Shearer on MoTD. Whilst I agree our season is a failure by and large it seems odd to conclude that all those other teams are comparative successes.
Just listened to the tripe he and Wright said what saddos.

Lekos

They have a point though.  We've underachieved - no denying that.

Chelsea - won league
Spurs - highest finish in Prem
Liverpool - Overachieved if they finish in top 4
City - Meh.
Arsenal - Also Meh.  Could still win FA cup - shitter season than us if they don't
Yoonited - League Cup + potentially UEFA Cup.  Though I hope Ajax embarrass them, I fear that Mou will park the bus and pick them off - then they will finish season with two trophies.

Hesperus

I didn't get carried away at he start of the season and believed it would be a transitional year. However we've done poorer than I expected and if I'm honest a lot of the problems have been self inflicted.

Played a weakened side in the league cup and allowed the scum to win a pot.

Fecked up the goalie position is a big way which has cost us a number of points this season.

Lost a 2 goal lead to Monaco.

Very poor record against the top 4/5 teams.

My biggest concern is for next season though because Peps got a huge amount of work to do in the summer around player recruitment. I fear another transitional season next year too and that only gives pep the final year of his contract to deliver.

Swiss

It's the whole 5 in defence we fucked up. Especially not strengthening at full back and another cb.

Chelsea did so well for two reasons imo.
1. Less games as no Europe.
2. They had a solid defence and gk.

Our whole defence cost us, not just Bravo.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Hesperus on May 15, 2017, 14:32:10

Lost a 2 goal lead to Monaco.

That was the biggest disappointment for me.

You make a good point about the possibility of next season being another transitional one. Pep is certainly in for a very busy summer.