News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Wembley semi final

Started by Stephen Paul, April 20, 2017, 09:22:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Why fuckin Wembley for the semis ??

City fans have to spend a fortune travelling to London and maybe again for the final !!

Somewhere like Villa park would have been ideal but the FA have to justify Wembley as uaual

Can you imagine Newcastle the semi final?

Victoria

you're right, for me the cost is about the same for me as I can fly direct to London as I can Manchester for about the same price, my expenses become the hotel for four nights, whereas in Manchester I have my own place. The FA decided to hold the semi's at Wembley to recoup the money they spent on it and yet the British Government gave them a subsidy to fund the stadium. Yet again the london elite get their way: Fuck 'em!
However, if City win then I shall stay in Manchester until the end of the season, I plan to go to the Rag-bastard game then fly back to South Mountain, but if City get to the Final then I shall go to that, so It would make sense for me to stay. Going to the final will be cheaper as I can go back to Manchester after the game; no need to spend nights in a London hotel and paying extortionate prices.

Victoria

Nothing new in that article other than it proves the author right by some responses.

gavin

I've not been to Wembley since '99. It is a right ballache. They should have built the new stadium in the midlands. Better transport and a helluva lot cheaper too.

Stephen Paul

very true and easier for fans from all over the country

zacc

even having the London clubs play Saturday speaks volumes about their view of the Manc's travel plans.

Gareth

Nothing wrong with having a moan at an obvious injustice; but we know, don't we, that this is never going to change.

gavin

Lets just hope that City make the final. Personally, I'd love to beat Tottenham in the final.

gavin

It will be Chelsea in the final if we make it through. Beating Spuds 4-2. Decent game with Spuds coming from behind twice. But Hazard and Costa came off the bench and Hazard made the difference really.

lee

decent game..i really wanted spuds to win hoping we would beat arsenal and get revenge for 1981..the night i cried as an 11 year old and got a slap of me mam for for calling spurs a bunch of wankers...oh well..lets hope we just beat them other shithouses tomorrow

Paddy

Travelled from NI for the semi against Chelsea in the semi finals. First time at Wembly; great experience, well worth the expenditure. Great day and a good result. Sad we were beaten by Wigan in the final but Wembly is a great venue