News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

FA Cup Thread & Team News

Started by 93:2012, January 04, 2015, 14:03:08

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

Caballero, Sagna, Boyata, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Toure (C), Milner, Navas, Lampard, Jovetic

Subs Hart, Demichelis, Clichy, Nasri, Fernandinho, Celina, Silva

Come on City & Boyata

andy1966

Any links or is it on normal telly ?

93:2012

City on Celina:

Versatile forward Bersant Celina joined City from Norwegian side Stromsgodset.

After moving to Norway from Kosovo at the age of 2, the 17-year-old has represented his adopted nation at youth level, but subsequently made footballing history with the land of his birth. Bersant was the youngest player selected in the senior Kosovo squad for the country’s first ever FIFA-sanctioned friendly in March 2014.

Comfortable on either wing or further forward, he possesses quick feet, a powerful shot and has scored a variety of wonderful goals in his fledgling City career.

A perfectly placed free kick from inside the box caught the eye against Doncaster in the Youth Cup, while Bersant scooped the 2013/14 Academy Goal of the Season award for his sumptuous strike against Blackburn.

Zabba

Zabba

Andy I have sent you a message, check it out.

Zabba

Final game from Yaya until end of ACON's

onerytk

Try these links

Soz made a balls of that..will try again

Zabba

I did worry about changes at centre back, and rightly so it seems. Mamgala all over the place.

Ludo

Think Yaya's already on the plane to Africa.

andy1966

Oh dear ! not to worried yet though  :-\

changed my mind , we are playing tippy tappy like we are 4-0 up with 5 mins to go

Zabba

Michael Oliver is appallingly poor.

andy1966

They are playing to get into our players heads , and it's working
whats the betting on us finishing with 10 or less ?

Yaya prime candidate to go first

clevblue

"Oliver, Oliver, never before has a ref been so poor" To the tune of.........Oliver

We'll be okay, they won't keep this shit up for 90 minutes surely? :P it's only their cup final

andy1966

If we lose this there's only the league left to play for

Zabba

Oliver has been shit but not as dreadful as us.

One chance created 45 minutues, typical City switching off against lesser opponents.

Zabba

Quote from: andy1966 on January 04, 2015, 15:50:24

Wrote off the CL then Andy?

andy1966

Quote from: Zabba on January 04, 2015, 15:51:51
Quote from: andy1966 on January 04, 2015, 15:50:24

Wrote off the CL then Andy?
yes months ago  :D

andy1966

Get Hart on , he's Head and Shoulders above this other guy !

Zabba

Oh pessimist just because we are getting duffed in the FA Cup by Sheffield Wednesday 1st round does not mean we cannot beat Barca, BM, Chelsea, RM and win the CL, now does it?

lol

andy1966

Quote from: Zabba on January 04, 2015, 16:01:15
Oh pessimist just because we are getting duffed in the FA Cup by Sheffield Wednesday 1st round does not mean we cannot beat Barca, BM, Chelsea, RM and win the CL, now does it?

lol
Errr Yes ! :D

Zabba

We are poor double sub needed now.

Zabba

Someone needs to tell Jovetic his role is to stay central not play as a winger.

andy1966

Thank god for the ever dependable  Milner !

Zabba

Nasri and Silva changed the game.

andy1966

We are so shite at the minute , i'll take the replay

Zabba

I nominate Milner as Man of the Match.

andy1966

Zabba

Quote from: andy1966 on January 04, 2015, 16:32:17

Are you sure about that Andy?

andy1966

Quote from: Zabba on January 04, 2015, 16:56:21
Quote from: andy1966 on January 04, 2015, 16:32:17

Are you sure about that Andy?
At the time I posted it yes
I thought we were bloody awful 

onerytk

I really do not get this Jovetic thing, runs around like a lost schoolkid, never seems to be linked to the teams build up always looks desperate and clueless.
Anyway well done to Milner for running off the ball and getting his brace..phew!

andy1966

Quote from: onerytk on January 04, 2015, 17:04:26
I really do not get this Jovetic thing, runs around like a lost schoolkid, never seems to be linked to the teams build up always looks desperate and clueless.
Anyway well done to Milner for running off the ball and getting his brace..phew!
agree

Zabba

Thank God there is no replay the fewer games we play the better.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Give Jimmy his new contract ffs

gavin

Not a great performance but we're through. James Milner has come a long way from the days when many used to see him as a poor sub. For me he always did a good job for us however of late he is increasingly invaluable. He was a better striker than Jovetic today. Jovetic had a day where nothing came off for him today but I don't think he is a striker either. He will have better days to come I'm sure.

Silva really is a class apart. His vision and capability to put the ball where he wants are exceptional. What a player.

bluebrendan

60 minutes of dire stuff going forward from City until Silva and Nasri came on and helped Jimmy win the game. There could have been no complaints if Wednesday had held out for a draw. Navas had a decent game too although his crosses are a bit hit and miss.

Jovetic tries too many flicks and clearly isn't a central striker, not sure what to make of him really as he does show glimpses of quality.