News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Diving ban

Started by zacc, May 18, 2017, 22:53:11

Previous topic - Next topic

zacc

No doubt City will be getting bashed by this latest madness!j >:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962886

Swiss

As long as it's fair, I think it's a good thing.

It won't stop the tactical dive though

Lekos

KunDB

Sin bins for diving would be good, video advice offered from a stands official to referee would be good. Retrospective action is never good, let refs do the referee not anonymous unaccountable officials.

It is amazing (corrupted game) that this can be brought in but video at the game is seen as pure evil.

Ludo

It's nonsense. What happens if the dive leads to a penalty and that penalty wins the game? The result won't be affected so what's the point.

Dock clubs points and ban players for persistant offences and maybe it'll stop. Maybe Sane will stay on his feet.

gavin

It should have been done ages ago. But, I also doubt it will be implemented evenly.

Lekos

Quote from: Ludo on May 19, 2017, 08:28:04
It's nonsense. What happens if the dive leads to a penalty and that penalty wins the game? The result won't be affected so what's the point.

Indeed, but retrospective bans will cause players to think twice about diving in the future.  Result not affected, future behaviour is.

zacc

all true but we've also seen blatant penalties not given to City players and then they're booked, so reckon be more of the same of certain team still getting away with diving and no punishment even retrospectively.

Lekos

I find all this bias talk a load of crap to be honest. Fans of all clubs feel the same. There's either bias towards every single club (not bias) or the referees aren't up to much.

Probably the latter eh.

gavin

Nah, it is less pronounced now Taggart had gone but still exists to some extent. Taggart definitely bullied the refs and Maureen tries the same. Our managers are angels in comparison. I prefer that but over the years the rags have definitely got preferential decisions due to pressure put on officials.

They also have officials in position at FA and UEFA that have influence there.

gavin

Oh and the referees are shite. Worst bit is that they don't learn. Latest example is Pawson who continues to give warnings rather than cards when players deliberately come through the back of Silva in the first five minutes, even though it worked and got him injured in the semi.

zacc

Quote from: Lekos on May 19, 2017, 15:55:21
I find all this bias talk a load of crap to be honest. Fans of all clubs feel the same. There's either bias towards every single club (not bias) or the referees aren't up to much.

Probably the latter eh.
looking at this doesn't fill me with the view no bias exists ;)

http://www.thefa.com/about-football-association/who-we-are/structure

Lekos

Quote from: zacc on May 19, 2017, 18:37:11
looking at this doesn't fill me with the view no bias exists ;)

Exactly  ;)

KunDB

This will all boil down to Sky pundits (mostly Liverpool & Utd ex-players, all biased) who will make a song and dance if a City player goes down in the box. They will run video after video of the incident from angles that suit their agenda, crying dive, dive, dive. Putting pressure on the FA and referees to act, while simply ignoring Liverpool and Utd players dives, saying their was just enough contact.

The FA are a joke and implementation of this will be biased beyond belief. This season apparently City were one of the most booked teams in the PL and one of the least fouled against, on stats.

Lekos

gavin

You really think City are one of the dirtiest sides in the premier league as the bookings table suggests?

Paddy

sin bin punishment for diving

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on May 20, 2017, 08:03:56
You really think City are one of the dirtiest sides in the premier league as the bookings table suggests?

No, but I was using it to illustrate how unfairly we are treated by referees. Silva is kicked stupid every game with no action from refs to protect him, while refs book anyone who even goes near Hazard.

gavin

It was aimed at Lekos. Frankly I find it laughable that City are considered as the fourth dirtiest team in the Prem.

#   Team   Games   Cautions     Dismissals    Disciplinary Points
1   Watford   37   83   5   384
2   Sunderland AFC   37   77   4   350
3   West Ham United   37   76   5   344
4   Manchester City   37   71   4   332
5   Manchester United   37   76   2   326
6   West Bromwich Albion   37   79   0   316
7   Middlesbrough   37   76   1   314
8   Hull City   37   67   5   310
9   Crystal Palace   37   77   0   308
10   Everton   37   68   2   292
11   Arsenal   37   66   2   288
12   Stoke City   37   66   2   286
13   Leicester City   37   68   1   284
14   Chelsea   37   71   0   284
15   Burnley   37   63   2   274
16   Southampton   37   57   2   248
17   Tottenham Hotspur   37   62   0   248
18   AFC Bournemouth   37   51   3   236
19   Swansea City   37   55   0   220
20   Liverpool   37   54   0   216

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/fairplay

Swiss

Ooooh, what are the odds on more than 5 yellows tomorrow!