News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Ched Evans

Started by andy1966, January 04, 2015, 14:04:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Quote from: andy1966 on January 05, 2015, 11:19:06
Quote from: gavin on January 04, 2015, 18:53:38
About time he is allowed to get on with playing football and earning a living somewhere.
He was given a chance in life that millions could only dream of , fame and  fortune etc
He blew it , big time
He doesn't have a god given right to play footy
he can always come back in to the real world and work for McDonalds / Tesco or the like

So he's ok to serve our food but not play football?
People like you just see the £££'s and say ''It's not fair!'' just because he can earn a higher than average. You think it gives you the right to rule over the rest of his life!
He's been through the reform system, paid his dues, what right do we have to take away his right to work?

Ludo

No ones taking away his right to work though that's the thing. It's just that most would rather not see him work in such a high profile environment.

It's easy to sit there an say that it's only the money that people see but that's bollox.

Perhaps 'role model' is the wrong phrase but footballers are looked up to by young kids, idolised even, and I'd much prefer a convicted rapist wasn't there for that to happen.

goat

in the last thread you didnt even want him as a plumber or gas fitter or something

be easier all round if one of you knocked up a list of what he can do

citoeast

Quote from: Swiss on January 05, 2015, 21:41:55
Quote from: andy1966 on January 05, 2015, 11:19:06
Quote from: gavin on January 04, 2015, 18:53:38
About time he is allowed to get on with playing football and earning a living somewhere.
He was given a chance in life that millions could only dream of , fame and  fortune etc
He blew it , big time
He doesn't have a god given right to play footy
he can always come back in to the real world and work for McDonalds / Tesco or the like

So he's ok to serve our food but not play football?
People like you just see the £££'s and say ''It's not fair!'' just because he can earn a higher than average. You think it gives you the right to rule over the rest of his life!
He's been through the reform system, paid his dues, what right do we have to take away his right to work?

Strong words Swiss, pointing the accusing finger at Andy as if he has done wrong.

Lets talk straight this piece of scum Ched Evans raped an incapacitated women and is an unrepentant rapist.
Tthank God he is now paying the price for his vile behaviour and rightly so. He should not be allowed to do what he wants now he is still serving the final years of his sentence, on licence. He has forfeited his rights to privilege in society.

He should not be allowed any job which would make him a role model plain and simple. He should show genuine remorse which he hasn't, then rehabilitation may be possible, rehabilitation is not possible without genuine remorse.

If I was Oldham I would be seriously worried about this unrepentant rapist repeating his act and the implications for the club if that happens or if there is even an allegation it has happened.

He has to be reintegrated into society but not until he is rehabilitated and he is no longer a serious threat to members of society. He has shown no signs of rehabilitation just outrage that he was caught and convicted.

Oh Swiss he has not been reformed - that is clear, he has not paid his dues - he is on early release and licence and he has a right to find work but not any work, e.g. with children or vulnerable people, not me says that its society and the law says that.

It is you who needs to rethink and stop blaming others like Andy.

goat

but he wasnt barred from football, thats a massive point people miss

Ludo

Quote from: goat on January 05, 2015, 22:04:46
in the last thread you didnt even want him as a plumber or gas fitter or something

be easier all round if one of you knocked up a list of what he can do

I said if he was a plumber I wouldn't employ him and I suspect many on here would either if they were honest.

Where would you draw a line. If he's ok to play for a league one team would he be ok to coach one, or coach an academy team, coach under 10s, coach a ladies team, be a physio?

I'm not making the rules but one thing I can say for certain is that rape is not to be taken lightly nor is it a matter to be joked about, in a lot of ways it's possibly a worse crime than murder and for that I can't accept that he might someday pop up live on tv flaunting his notoriety.

citoeast

Perhaps those so passionate to stand up for rapist Ched would also demand the right for Harold Shipman to carry on as a GP when he gets out. After all he has an absolute right to work after rehabilitation.

citoeast

Quote from: goat on January 05, 2015, 22:14:15

No he has not but that does not make it right.

goat

has he actually been "flaunting"? seems most of the noise is from people with fuck all to do with it looking to get something for themselves

today that miliband chipped in, a guy so inept hes managing to make ukip look an option, before that was clegg and someone that ran a bit and had a stand named after her in a sport she has nothing to do with

not like ched has been on the jungle show or owt

goat

Quote from: citoeast on January 05, 2015, 22:19:24

but it makes it legal, just as you were defending how right his trial was you have to accept that

Ludo

There's a difference between legality and morality.

goat

well you cant have it all ways can you

goat

jesus, did anybody post about ched here while he was a city player?

Ludo

Why not, the world would be better place if morality superseded legality.

Perhaps the biggest wrong is that sentencing for crimes like this are too lenient, after all if the wanker was still locked up we wouldn't need this discussion.

goat

whos morality tho, this is a country that voted for cameron and has the daily mail. these people are fucked

Ludo

Perhaps they should locked up as well.

goat

fuckin hell, we agree on something

or make them play for oldham

citoeast

Quote from: goat on January 05, 2015, 22:20:57
Quote from: citoeast on January 05, 2015, 22:19:24

but it makes it legal, just as you were defending how right his trial was you have to accept that

I do accept Oldham can employ him and he can accept the offer, he could also become a cab driver, both worry me equally but not as much as his unrepentant behaviour.

He released a video on his campaign website calling it infidelity not rape. If that's not unrepentant and publicity seeking I am not sure what is.

goat

on his website

where you have to search

if he is a media whore he is a pretty shit one

its not like hes on loose women plugging a book is it

reddishblue

"The attorney general’s office has confirmed the website, bankrolled by Karl Massey, the wealthy father of Evans’ girlfriend â€" now and at the time of the rape â€" Natasha, is itself under investigation."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jan/05/oldham-athletic-ched-evans-money-morals?CMP=share_btn_tw