News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sanchez

Started by Paddy, June 11, 2017, 10:07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

According to a report on BBC sport Sunday gossip column, Alexis has finalised a move to City this summer. Fact or fiction !!!

Swiss

Never count your chickens before they hatch

Neil Mcnab

He has agreed terms according to a hack in Chile. So if he turns up, he knows how much he will get paid. Will Arsenal sell him to us though?

gavin

Arsenal have tended to be pragmatic about these things, preferring to to let players who want to move go. But of course the money would have to be right for them. Though he's undoubtedly a great player, if we have to spend daft then I think it should be elsewhere in the team.

Swiss

£50 mil being quoted - 'cheap' for a player of his stature in todays climate where LFC can pay £70mil for Virgil!

KunDB

Price is related to time left on contract and player's age.

Swiss

Not always - relative worth to the buying team can be taken into account.
Then there's always the fact that the selling club could cut their noses off to spite their face should they so chose.

Ludo

Certainly a great player and would be an excellent addition to the squad but not a priority.

Paddy

who is your priority player, Sanchez seems priority to me, cannot think of any better at the mo...

nimrod

Quote from: Paddy on June 23, 2017, 23:36:18
who is your priority player, Sanchez seems priority to me, cannot think of any better at the mo...

Personally I don't want him
Yet another 50plus million pound player who will be able to get a really nice massive salary

What if he doesn't produce the goods,  there's been many that haven't, we'll be stuck with another ageing  player we can't get rid off because of his huge wages.
He will be 29 in December
City's buying policy is a joke.

Neil Mcnab

Sanchez is proven in our league, gives 100% and is one of the best players in the world. I agree we do find it difficult to move on players who have not worked out and nothing is guaranteed. We want to win the league and the chumps, Sanchez would be an asset to do that. He should have at least three more years at the top, many more probably. While we need to build, the manager is judged on the now. Spurs are looking for £50 million for Walker, who can run a lot, but has difficulty with being in the right place and defending - mistakes. Compared to that, the same for Sanchez is a bargain.
The only negative to me is I have heard he kicks up shit with team mates.

nimrod

Seems to me the plan is too keep buying 50 million pound players till we win chumps league
That's not the way I want to go, I'd rather wait and build a team from young players , Pep being the best manager in the world  (according to some) should be able to do that without spending 200 million every window.
Sanchez is a proven prem player, so was Nasri and Adebayor. I really don't want to give Arsenal another 50 million for yet another one of their players.
I expect he will come though, along with Walker .

Swiss

Having another player who can score 20 to 30 goals in a season can't hurt. However i too am in 2 minds for lots of reasons.

Pep was critical that we werent tucking away enough goals last season.
His move seems to be to get rid of Nolito and Navas. Replace with sanchez.

Aguero. Jesus. Sané. Sanchez. Sterling.

Three slots for the 5 to compete. Not a bad conundrum

Gareth

It might not be a bad conundrum for you, but if Sanchez does the same calculation, I imagine his opinion would be different.

Swiss

Well sterling isn't kicking on from his early promise. So basically he has to oust 1 of the other three

Neil Mcnab

What about Roberts as well? Not impossible Aguero will go if Sanchez comes in.

gavin

After all that has been said, most notably by the chairman, I don't think Sergio is going anywhere. That said, I am also in two minds as to whether we really need Sanchez at this stage even though he is a top player. It would be an impossible task to keep everyone happy, surely.

Swiss

Reports are that roberts is to go on loan or be sold. Shame really

Gareth

Quote from: Swiss on June 25, 2017, 17:23:39
Well sterling isn't kicking on from his early promise. So basically he has to oust 1 of the other three

Ah, I see! It's so easy when it's put like that - not really a conundrum at all.

Swiss

Just playing devils advocate

gavin

Sterling had a mixed season but I still reckon he could turn out to be well worth the fee. A bit more consistency will hopefully show over the next few years.

Swiss

His decision making is the key to that

Paddy

Unfortunately football is more of a business than a sport and I think that we will continue to "Spend big" and invest in the best talent until achieve success in the chaps league. Financial stability is based on success

gavin

According to Sky some interesting quotes coming from Sanchez in a presser for Chile. He states it is possible he could be a team mate of City number one Claudio Bravo at City next season but he cannot confirm anything at the moment.

gavin

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

SANCHEZ: FUTURE IS CLEAR

Interesting. Alexis Sanchez has been talking about his future while on international duty with Chile in Russia, and for Arsenal fans, this isn't wholly convinving...

Sanchez was asked about his next move while sitting next to team-mate Claudio Bravo. 

Q. "Will you be a teammate of Claudio Bravo at Manchester City next season?
A: "[laughs]. Good question! Right now I'm focused on the Confederations Cup. When this is finished I will see if I stay or if I go. I don't know."
Q: "Is it clear in your mind, or have you not decided?"
A: "Yes it's clear but I can't tell you [laughing]".

gavin

I see 90 million being talked about for him now. Tell them to fuck off and let them get nought for him next summer. Cheeky fuckers.

Victoria

The price clubs are asking for players are unreasonable, inflated, and stupid. However, while clubs pay ridiculous fees for players and excessive wage demands the future of football is in doubt, at some point it has to explode into a spiral downfall. Liverpool were asked to pay 70m for an average player, it is not just City that get charged ridiculous price price for players, but while those retarded fuck-wits at Rag world pay silly prices for average players prices will sore, and they all blame City for the price of players - Retards the fucking lot of them!

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on July 10, 2017, 21:22:28
I see 90 million being talked about for him now. Tell them to fuck off and let them get nought for him next summer. Cheeky fuckers.

at nearly 29 he's not worth 50 mill, and I dont like giving our competitors shit loads of money

Swiss

As he is over 28, depending if he has served 2 years of his contract, he could technically buy himself out of his contract. So long as FIFA approve

Hesperus

When Arsenal signed him is was really disappointed we weren't in for him. Now though I'm not that bothered if we do or don't sign him. Seems a bit of a strange one to me given his age. Not only that, Arsenal hold all of the cards.

I actually thought we'd break some transfer records this window given we have Pep on board. Not so sure now, still plenty of time to go but if the club don't assemble a seriously good squad with Pep at the helm. We probably won't get the opportunity again because I don't see Pep staying as our manager for a prolonged period.

Lekos

Quote from: Hesperus on July 11, 2017, 10:13:33
When Arsenal signed him is was really disappointed we weren't in for him.

We were though. He went to arsenal and we got our backup; Aguero. I think that worked out quite well.

I'm not sure what to make of the Sanchez talk now though. Would love him at the club, but he's 28 and arsenal seem determined to hold onto him / demand a daft fee.

Hesperus

I thought Aguero signed for us years before Sanchez signed for Arsenal didn't he?

Lekos

My bad - I meant Barca.

Gareth

I think it'd be kinda nice if just for once we said, no, he's good, but he just ain't worth that much and we don't really need him anyway, and didn't buy someone.

Swiss

If he comes, he comes and brilliant. If he doesn't, move onwards and upwards.

Aubameyang would be nice B-D

But 2 lb, 2 RB, a CB and a cm are more important for me.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Hesperus on July 11, 2017, 10:13:33
When Arsenal signed him is was really disappointed we weren't in for him. Now though I'm not that bothered if we do or don't sign him. Seems a bit of a strange one to me given his age. Not only that, Arsenal hold all of the cards.

I actually thought we'd break some transfer records this window given we have Pep on board. Not so sure now, still plenty of time to go but if the club don't assemble a seriously good squad with Pep at the helm. We probably won't get the opportunity again because I don't see Pep staying as our manager for a prolonged period.
Pellegrini wanted him and being on the chilli side might have got him in, rather than him going to the arseholes. FFP made it impossible.

Swiss

Reports are he's in Paris.

Hesperus

Rumours tonight City are seriously considering some kind of swap deal involving Sergio!

How would that work given the current market values? Arsenal going to give us Sanchez plus £50 million??

If City really are considering some sort of swap deal. Unless it involved us getting Sanchez and a large amount of cash which we then put toward Mbappe. I'd seriously question the judgement of the City recruitment staff.

Swiss

It's been mooted before. Don't believe it until it happens... We need to add firepower, not reduce it

gavin

I don't think a swap like that does us many favours. Let them have Jadon Sancho and a bundle of cash. If they don't accept make sure we get him next summer just to spite the fuckers.

Gareth

But you can see why they would put that on the table - in the short term, if we don't accept, they keep their best player (for now); if we accept, they get a great player in return. Makes good sense for them...

Hesperus

Wenger has come out today and said Sanchez is staying at Arsenal this season and Sanchez has to respect it.

Fair enough I guess. They'll lose him for nowt next season. Be interesting to see what his attitude is like when he plays. Will he have a stormer or will he down tools?

gavin

It is a gamble by them in many ways. The wording of it says to me that he definitely asked to leave and was told no. It could well create ill feeling from the player and within the team. Obviously they stand to lose a few quid if he goes for nowt next summer too.

Pep would have let him go. He has been quite clear that if they don't want to play for City then they go.

Swiss

If Sanchez really wanted it and Arsenal refuse to budge, he'd buy himself out of his contract, which he can do as he's in his final year.

City or who ever would guarantee that they would give him a massive signing on fee to cover the losses.

Simples. Except he's not in the final 6 months and isn't free to talk to clubs without Arsenal's permission.

nimrod

Quote from: Hesperus on August 03, 2017, 16:35:36
Wenger has come out today and said Sanchez is staying at Arsenal this season and Sanchez has to respect it.

Fair enough I guess. They'll lose him for nowt next season. Be interesting to see what his attitude is like when he plays. Will he have a stormer or will he down tools?

Cant see him downing tools, he'll want a massive signing on fee next summer, his last big chance, so he'll be as good as he can Id say.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Swiss on August 03, 2017, 23:38:27
If Sanchez really wanted it and Arsenal refuse to budge, he'd buy himself out of his contract, which he can do as he's in his final year.

City or who ever would guarantee that they would give him a massive signing on fee to cover the losses.

Simples. Except he's not in the final 6 months and isn't free to talk to clubs without Arsenal's permission.
If you mean the Webster ruling, top clubs won't sign players on that basis as it would crash the value of their existing players if everyone started doing it.

Neil Mcnab

I like the solution of part exing the want away Sancho for Sanchez. This keeps everyone happy/saves face, Arsenal can say they have one of the brightest prospects - who wants London, while we get the established world class player, who wants to come to us. 
As for Sergio going to Arsenal, they are not good enough for him. RM/Barca, Juve, Munich more like it.