News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Dani Alves

Started by gavin, June 17, 2017, 21:40:44

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

KunDB

I think this is a hole in the bow of Spurs attempt to rip off us off for Kyle and at the same time a warning message to Arsenal over Sanchez.

We will pay big money but not be ripped off or messed around.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on June 18, 2017, 00:03:56
I think this is a hole in the bow of Spurs attempt to rip off us off for Kyle and at the same time a warning message to Arsenal over Sanchez.

We will pay big money but not be ripped off or messed around.

You already forgot about Bony  Mangala  etc ?

Swiss

Alves has come out and said "Don't spread shit" - apparently in reference to the City rumours.

I'm in 2 minds: Why get rid of a settled 32 & 34 year old defender to be replaced by another 34 year old on a short term contract?
But then he is a former Pep player who would be on board with his training techniques and 'vision' which could help integrate the ideas into new players...

Hesperus

This is Dani Alves though, even at 34 he's a big improvement on Sanga and Zab. I'd be happy with him here so long as we had another decent RB lined up. I'd be concerned if Alves was expected to be relied up all season.

KunDB

Quote from: nimrod on June 18, 2017, 00:51:14
You already forgot about Bony  Mangala  etc ?

My therapy to recover from those signings was going well until you reminded me.

goat

we never did replace maicon

Victoria

when one is building for the future based on youth: Why do City need this has-been at the end of his career? I can't see this happening.

gavin

His age is certainly questionable but considering he made the Champions League final 'has been' is harsh indeed. It's possible he could give us a good season. If we can't get a young, promising player at the right price for that position then it makes sense.

KunDB

I think we might just back him up with someone from within the club development system. That would send a very positive message.

Lekos

Quote from: Tori on June 19, 2017, 12:43:37
when one is building for the future based on youth: Why do City need this has-been at the end of his career? I can't see this happening.

Has been? Wow.  You outdo yourself frequently.  33 appearances for Juve last season, 6 goals, 7 assists, won league and cup double, champions league final.  All this desperate breaking his leg in December 2016.

goat

Quote from: Swiss on June 18, 2017, 12:34:30

I'm in 2 minds: Why get rid of a settled 32 & 34 year old defender to be replaced by another 34 year old on a short term contract?

because he is better than both

Neil Mcnab

An expensive back up only, but, no thanks. Will be the agent in anycase, trying to stir up interest and increasing the value of any new contact.

Swiss

Quote from: goat on June 19, 2017, 23:16:31
because he is better than both

He's faster than both, I'll give you that.

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on June 20, 2017, 21:28:25
An expensive back up only, but, no thanks. Will be the agent in anycase, trying to stir up interest and increasing the value of any new contact.
A relatively cheap squad player if we get him for free! eports are he's bought himself out f his contract.

goat

Quote from: Swiss on June 20, 2017, 23:27:32
He's faster than both, I'll give you that.
A relatively cheap squad player if we get him for free! eports are he's bought himself out f his contract.

and better at the football thing, handy for a footballer that

Swiss

Dunno. Zab in his prime was my fave ever city RB

gavin

Zab ain't in his prime. He hasn't been the same the last couple of seasons Okay, Alves ain't either but he still looks fit enough and performed top level last season.

zacc

expect like many he'll need few weeks to get used to EPL style of footy.
One of the things impressed me about Gabriel Jesus is his immediate settling into EPL

goat

Quote from: Swiss on June 21, 2017, 19:12:21
Dunno. Zab in his prime was my fave ever city RB

zab was great in that english way of running a lot and bleeding  a bit

i  liked zab but lets be honest, his end product wasnt all that and for a wingback thats not great

Neil Mcnab

Is Maffeo good enough to be the other RB? We would not need to blow a fortune on Walker then.

goat

looked ok whenever he got a run out, weve had worse

gavin

Maffeo seemed good in the match he played but Pep musn't have liked what he saw in training. I think we could be signing two.

Ludo

What age is Maffeo? 19 or 20??

He gets a couple of years 1st team experience on loan at another club then, when Alves is done, he gets his chance. Win win.

Swiss

reported to be going to Girona for a season

Paddy

Dirty player but apparently a done deal, so much for building a young team. Always the same; forget home grown talent and bring in foreign players because they can do.......?. !!!

goat

no point bringing young players through if  they are not up to  it

this isnt  the city that had  to make do with micah richards and that lot

gavin

At long last he has eventually left Juve. Now how long till he turns up at City?

Leewonpen

Quote from: goat on June 24, 2017, 13:20:02
no point bringing young players through if  they are not up to  it

....or, if you never throw them in, they'll never be up to it

goat

if a kid is a mess in training he isnt likely to turn into the second coming of maradona if  hes given a run out

Paddy

Looks like an alternating duo: Walker and Alves. Alves can play left back as well. Might work out ok...

Victoria

Alves is to slow and past it, he is looking for an idiot with a large check-book. He won't be able to keep pace with the  speed of most of the young forwards in the premier league. Therefore, he is a liability. 🤑 Italian football is played at a slower pace, and Alves will find the pace in the PL too much for him: another PeP bad buy if he buys Alves.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Tori on June 30, 2017, 12:23:51
Alves is to slow and past it, he is looking for an idiot with a large check-book. He won't be able to keep pace with the  speed of most of the young forwards in the premier league. Therefore, he is a liability. 🤑 Italian football is played at a slower pace, and Alves will find the pace in the PL too much for him: another PeP bad buy if he buys Alves.
I think he'll surprise you, if we sign both Walker and Alves it'll be interesting to see who gets picked for the "big" games. Alves is a quality player as he showed in last season's CL - sure he's lost a bit of pace but he's also got a good footballing brain.

nimrod

Quote from: bluebrendan on June 30, 2017, 14:59:45

sure he's lost a bit of pace but he's also got a good footballing brain.

I've heard that one before, Charvet had one too   :D

gavin

Any comparisons between Alves and Charvet are off the mark. Harsh indeed.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on July 07, 2017, 07:21:58
Any comparisons between Alves and Charvet are off the mark. Harsh indeed.
By God we've had some crap  ;D

gavin

Much more than our fair share. Charvet was bad enough but not the worst unfortunately. Alves is in a different league to him even now he is older.

bluebrendan

Quote from: nimrod on July 07, 2017, 02:26:08
I've heard that one before, Charvet had one too   :D
He kept it well hidden.

Hesperus

Looks like he's signed for PSG! Would have liked to see him play for us.

Looks like 3 at the back for us then next season??

lee

fook him..he was shite in the chumps league final   :D

gavin

After a very impressive, quick start this summer has gone badly wrong. Training has started and we're missing three full backs and no new centre back.

lee

i dont think i can handle kolarov playing again for us

Hesperus

I thought Kolorav did ok for us at CB, but at LB, im with you Lee. If he's playing LB for us next season we're in trouble.

Lekos

Quote from: lee on July 11, 2017, 21:03:11
i dont think i can handle kolarov playing again for us

Hahaha. Been thinking this for a few season now  :D

Swiss

He's a left winger tbf.

Oh well. Not that fussed over a 34 year old.

Just wish we had a 19 to 21 year old who was good enough to come through

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on July 11, 2017, 22:35:50

Just wish we had a 19 to 21 year old who was good enough to come through

Im a bit disappointed and mystified that having spent loads of time and money on a world class youth programme and occasionally buying the next Messi etc that nobody is deemed good enough to break through to the 1st team.
Only seemingly Kelechi and although Pele rated him Pep obviously doesnt.
Makes you wonder what the point of it is.

lee

Quote from: nimrod on July 11, 2017, 23:24:03
Im a bit disappointed and mystified that having spent loads of time and money on a world class youth programme and occasionally buying the next Messi etc that nobody is deemed good enough to break through to the 1st team.
Only seemingly Kelechi and although Pele rated him Pep obviously doesnt.
Makes you wonder what the point of it is.

set up to piss the rags off :)

nimrod

Quote from: lee on July 11, 2017, 23:45:59
set up to piss the rags off :)

haha

not even a Micah Richards in sight ?

cant we at least give some of them a chance ?

lee

Quote from: nimrod on July 12, 2017, 07:10:49
haha

not even a Micah Richards in sight ?

cant we at least give some of them a chance ?

It's a weird one..Maybe it's just to churn out players to make ££ and not give a fook who they go and play for in the end.

nimrod

Quote from: lee on July 12, 2017, 09:21:38
It's a weird one..Maybe it's just to churn out players to make ££ and not give a fook who they go and play for in the end.

Defo seems that way Lee

Lekos

Quote from: lee on July 12, 2017, 09:21:38

Probably a bit of that.  But also, the take over was only 9 years ago - that's not even a generation.  We only moved all 'in house' to the CFA in 2013 (I think)...4 years - not enough time to grow a player, unless people are happy with a bunch of 13 year old kids playing in the first team. 

Unrealistic time lines from a lot of people and press on this.

lee

Quote from: Lekos on July 12, 2017, 11:12:10
Probably a bit of that.  But also, the take over was only 9 years ago - that's not even a generation.  We only moved all 'in house' to the CFA in 2013 (I think)...4 years - not enough time to grow a player, unless people are happy with a bunch of 13 year old kids playing in the first team. 

Unrealistic time lines from a lot of people and press on this.

im hearing you mate...still would be nice to see some of these kids they bought from overseas to the academy get a chance....if delph and fernando can sit on the bench and come on for 15 mins at the end there has to be some lads better than them!!

Lekos

Yeah, that's fair enough. Would hope we can grow some decent players soon.

lee

anyway back to alves..the greedy wanker  ;D

Victoria

Thankfully, He has gone to PSG  :) So City is not being scammed on this one.

Lekos

Quote from: lee on July 12, 2017, 16:22:17
anyway back to alves..the greedy wanker  ;D

Never wanted him anyway.  What's he ever done?!  :D

Swiss

Angelino and maffeo have been sent out on loan

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Swiss on July 12, 2017, 20:32:32
Angelino and maffeo have been sent out on loan
So we have only one full back, the up and coming full backs have been fucked off out of the picture.
There will be some pre season kick abouts, guess wingers will become wing backs, or dinho at RB.

Hesperus

3-3-4. Sorted! 🙂

Vinny, Stones, Ota
Silva, Silva, KDB
Sterling, Aguero, Jesus, Sane

Who needs fullbacks or defensive midfielders!

gavin

I think we could be in touch with Jesus Navas again soon.

zacc

well this topic has been scuppered by PSG lol

lee

sterling as a fullback  ???

Swiss

That formation is more like a 3-7

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Hesperus on July 12, 2017, 21:05:31
3-3-4. Sorted! 🙂

Vinny, Stones, Ota
Silva, Silva, KDB
Sterling, Aguero, Jesus, Sane

Who needs fullbacks or defensive midfielders!

:D

nimrod

Quote from: lee on July 13, 2017, 02:23:07
sterling as a fullback  ???

never know with Pep

puzzles me why play Dinho at full back, he's too good at DM imo

Gareth

Quote from: Lekos on July 12, 2017, 14:47:52
Yeah, that's fair enough. Would hope we can grow some decent players soon.

Well, we grew Kieran Trippier, who is a good enough full-back for Spurs to be able to sell us Walker for £50mil.

lee

Quote from: Gareth on July 13, 2017, 17:43:16
Well, we grew Kieran Trippier, who is a good enough full-back for Spurs to be able to sell us Walker for £50mil.

It's ridiculous really but then again we never knew Trippier would be decent.My guess is they prob expected him playing for Oldham eventually or something like that when they let him go to Barnsley.

gavin

One would hope that Walker turns out to be better than Trippier! If Walker signs for City that is, I'm still half expecting him to turn up in Paris tomorrow.