News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Kolarov to Roma

Started by KunDB, July 21, 2017, 07:49:34

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

I wish him all the very best. Good for him and us, we can get a better defender.

Rumoured £8.75m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40678831

gavin

Getting a better one isn't going so well so far.

Swiss

Good luck to him. He's been a decent player for us over the years. One of the best free kick takers we had since Dunne's against the baggies that never was

nimrod

The ladies will miss him
Apparently he's very handsome

Hesperus

I never rated him as a LB but he was a player I always liked. Had a bit of aggression in him and a sweet left foot. I thought he was much better at CB last season, and if he played there as cover this season I would not have been disappointed.

Am a little sad we won't get see his one trick flick inside when he's attacking down the left anymore. He'd try that at least once or twice a game and I never saw it fool anyone! 🙂

Good luck to him. I was at the Etihad the day he signed. He walked straight past me and I said. I think that's our new signing!

Gareth

His Christmas card with Serbian wolves on it, and "You better watch out, you better not cry" spoken with some menace...  that was good too.

Lekos

Neil Mcnab

Like many left footers, a great weapon his foot was, in the attacking sense. Poor as an actual defender. He had a few decent games at CB last season though, he also had a few not so good. Definitely time to move on, thanks.

gavin

He was definitely the best left back at the club with no replacement in sight.

Ludo

Good luck to him but I really thought he was shite.

bbk

Liked him as well but he really was garbage as a footballer, which is what he was supposed to be, right?

gavin

How many trophies won at a club qualifies you as not garbage? I'd say he did at least a reasonable job over the years considering.

KunDB

He wasn't the greatest of defenders full or central back but he was an imposing figure and had some shot on him.

I am glad he is going but I am also glad for his contribution over the years, no player is perfect.

Swiss

I thought he was the best lb at the club for years

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Hesperus on July 21, 2017, 11:02:17
I never rated him as a LB but he was a player I always liked. Had a bit of aggression in him and a sweet left foot. I thought he was much better at CB last season, and if he played there as cover this season I would not have been disappointed.

What Hesperus said. Kolarov was also pretty good as a make-shift left winger playing in front of a left back (on the few occasions we tried it).

Quote from: gavin on July 21, 2017, 21:04:05
He was definitely the best left back at the club with no replacement in sight.

Bit of a worry that...

He wasn't the finest player we've ever had, but he was still pretty good on his day - and I'm sorry but words like "garbage" and "shite" are disrespectful   >:(

All the best Aleksandar! 

nimrod

Personally I always liked him
Sorry to see him go really.

lee

glad to see the back of him tbh..frustrating player at times and should have been replaced last season..we got found out down that side far to many times last season and the season before with him and clichy but he won trophies with us so i'll always remember  him as part of the revolution

zacc

Lovely exit interview sure he'll enjoy being at Roma for his final years of footy.

goat

cant see being ex-lazio causing him any problems

Swiss

They are calling him a worm.... Ouch...

I wanna play earthworm Jim now!

lee

Quote from: goat on July 23, 2017, 13:46:08
cant see being ex-lazio causing him any problems

both set of fans wanna kill him :D