News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Mendy

Started by gavin, July 22, 2017, 12:46:39

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Sky saying a fee is finally agreed. I bloody hope so!

Swiss

Yep. Will take this saga to a close finally.

Still need a back up.

I wonder if Mangala will stick for the season as we also need a cb and funds are being eaten up.

And if delph and fernando go we need a cm. Unless pep is serious about foden. Is he a pep/ busquets pivot???

Gareth

Quote from: Swiss on July 22, 2017, 15:34:02
And if delph and fernando go we need a cm. Unless pep is serious about foden. Is he a pep/ busquets pivot???

I thought Danilo could play that position, that was the attraction - cover at LB, RB, CM.

KunDB

Neil Mcnab

Another speedy full back, can he defend? Time will tell.

Swiss

Quote from: Gareth on July 22, 2017, 15:44:58
I thought Danilo could play that position, that was the attraction - cover at LB, RB, CM.

I think his primary position is RB. Looks like a pacey attacking fb from the YouTube's

Swiss

He's arrived in LA. Wearing a bee backpack n'all. Could be a fan fave this one. Or at least interesting on social media

Hesperus

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/features/2017/july/benjamin-mendy-by-the-numbers

He's signed. Great acquisition both full back positions now covered. Although probably not too much cover for rotation/injuries.

Welcome to City! He seems a bit of a character!

KunDB

Ok all looking much better in defence for now.

Main one still to come is an added striker - Sanchez.

Lekos

So the defence (kind of) looks sorted! Good stuff.

I'd be shocked if Sanchez ended up with us and not Bayern or PSG...or with Arsenal for another season.

Hesperus

Sounds like Sanchez wants to come to us rather than anywhere else, he's given huge wage demands to PSG and Bayern to put them off I think. However the ball is firmly in Arsenals court, they do not want to sell to us that's clear. So they risk and unhappy player and no transfer fee in 12 months time.

gavin

I hope Mendy is so crap that he wins two titles.

Swiss

Ouch, felt the sting in that...

Paddy

Hope Benjamin "Mendy" City defence !!

Swiss

Thread killer...

Well he'll be in good Kompany and i hope we walker the title next season if we've got the stones...

gavin

Don't worry we'll end up with double Silva next season  ;)

KunDB

To the pun comedians above I say Bravo.

goat

Hesperus

Mendy already injured and likely to miss the start of the season according to the MEN!

FFS.