News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Citymancs Fantasy League

Started by lee, July 31, 2017, 14:44:12

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

citopest can have his own league

bluebrendan

11 rounds to go and Andy Gould is 98pts clear at the top. I've managed to squeeze into 2nd place and Lee is on a hot streak and has shot up to 3rd. Stephen is still in contention in 4th but Gareth has a lot on to make up a 200pt deficit to take his usual slot at the top.

Meanwhile in the also-rans category Goat has dropped into the bottom half and may even be in danger of being caught by a resurgent Gav, who has clambered off the bottom. Could there be any worse humiliation?  :D

Gareth

200 points is out of sight, but Top 3 may still be within reach. Had a terrible run just before Xmas and have hardly recovered since; surprised Red Star didn't sack me!

gavin

I am very pleased to be off the bottom at least. Phew.

lee

will be a great season with city winning the prem and gav finishing bottom of the fantasy league  :cityscarf:

Gareth

So, if you look at the squads of the two leaders, they're following very different strategies. Brendan, in second place, has spent a lot of money in defence and has a budget forward line; Andy, leading, has a back line from Poundland and a top-of-the-range strike force. I wouldn't call either squad well-balanced - to me they both look quite extreme versions of the strategies they represent. But it is obviously paying off, because it looks like one of these two is surely going to win the league.

gavin

I'm just glad you're not analysing my efforts  :D. Next season I mean business.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Gareth on February 27, 2018, 19:45:52
So, if you look at the squads of the two leaders, they're following very different strategies. Brendan, in second place, has spent a lot of money in defence and has a budget forward line; Andy, leading, has a back line from Poundland and a top-of-the-range strike force. I wouldn't call either squad well-balanced - to me they both look quite extreme versions of the strategies they represent. But it is obviously paying off, because it looks like one of these two is surely going to win the league.
The main reason for the cheapish forward line was that earlier in the season I had Aguero and Jesus who started a few games together early on and then Pep started to rotate them and then Jesus was injured so I switched to an expensive midfield which includes Salah and Sterling, two of the top 4 scorers in the Prem, plus Erikson, who is handy for assists and the odd goal. Barring disasters I think Andy has it sewn up tbh, a 100pt deficit won't be easy to overhaul.

goat

dont think ive moved from 12th in months but then i put more effot into team name than team

Gareth

Quote from: goat on March 02, 2018, 07:50:37
dont think ive moved from 12th in months but then i put more effot into team name than team

Ok team name, crap kit.

goat

Gareth

So, that was a performance of truly Pep-tastic proportions by Andy to finish 200 points clear of the competition. Well done to him! All the top 6 scored north of 2000 points, which is where you need to be to be in the race, but Andy was well clear.
After a poor mid-season I'd been aiming to get back into the top 3 and I finally clipped Lee last week. So this week I was just hoping to stay ahead of him, in 3rd, but it turned out Brendan was on the beach and at the last I snuck past him into 2nd.
Pretty competitive league this season but everyone needs to up their game next time round to catch the champ.

Final table - top 6

gavin

Well done Andy and Gareth. Not sure what Brendan and Lee are doing up there. The universe has some weird random phenomena.

goat

does this mean you have to do  a championship one next season baldo after your relegation

lee

cant believe brendan beat me..he must have cheated

are we doing a world cup one so gav can be humiliated even more?

Swiss

Where did I finish, can't be bothered to look

bluebrendan

Quote from: lee on May 14, 2018, 12:12:00
cant believe brendan beat me..he must have cheated

are we doing a world cup one so gav can be humiliated even more?
Ha ha, I think that's 3 seasons on the bounce I've won the admin mini-league, good effort though Lee. Well done to Andy, Mr Consistency at the top and to Gareth for that late run that knocked me off the runners-up slot.

Get your act together Gav, you're letting down the East Level 3 mafia!  :D

goat

Quote from: Swiss on May 16, 2018, 23:11:23
Where did I finish, can't be bothered to look

were you even in it?

Swiss

Dunno

Thought I was

I stopped looking at my work one around november and I was in 2nd

lee

gav are you setting a a world cup thing?