News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

What is...

Started by Paddy, August 05, 2017, 05:37:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

A "Contract"; It means nothing, has no value and is worthless; "In the footballing world". How soon will the word "Contract" have the same meaning in the real world ???

gavin

A contract means Barca get £200 million instead of nought. That kind of contract would be meaningful to me. I'd never work again after that!

Swiss

A contract is legally binding. But you can buy yourself out of it. Simples

Neil Mcnab

Neymar had a buy out clause, which PSG triggered. Barca must have decided Messi and Gnasher could manage without Neymar, or they could get a decent alternative and bank a few bob. I dont believe they exist outside of Spain? Barca would have set it higher if they didnt want him to go.

As for a contract like Sanchez, I dont know the technicalities, but he could buy it out in the New Year? Only a handful of players have bought themselves (the new club stumps up the cash, or "compensates" the player) out of their contracts. So possible, but very unlikely.

goat

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on August 05, 2017, 18:47:45
. I dont believe they exist outside of Spain? Barca would have set it higher if they didnt want him to go.

portugal i think, pretty much same place

Paddy

All ways the Goat; what we do without u !